• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Haunted

Swisslink said:
Swisslink 2 (8) - (2) 0 CapnDrake
Well done, but please bold the results next time, so they're popping out when I'm skimming the thread. :)

Man, you took down Drake... defeated me in a friendly... Who can stop this man? :p

There are 3 names on my tournament favourites list. I have no doubts one of those will be the winner.

Swisslink

Haunted One said:
Well done, but please bold the results next time, so they're popping out when I'm skimming the thread. :)

Man, you took down Drake... defeated me in a friendly... Who can stop this man? :p

There are 3 names on my tournament favourites list. I have no doubts one of those will be the winner.

sorry, I just forgot it *whoops*

"Who can stop this man?"

YOU won in 5 Series 10 Games and lost 0 :p

;)

So, 3 Series left for me XD :p

Swisslink said:
I had some problems with your tackling on the second game XD

And normally I have big problems with the Mega shots, fortunately not against you :p

Radiohead, do you want to play tonight?
I think I'll be online for some hours :p

Sorry about that dude, I left my message and then went over to my friends'. I just got your PM. I'll get in touch when I get home from work tomorrow. I can play anytime tomorrow evening.

nli10

Going to see Potter film tonight at the IMAX, will play Fri maybe.

I have Big BRain Academy to play now too :D

Bo130

I'm going online in a moment. Anyone from group A up for a game?

Swiss: ...Is it you I always can't connect with? Have you found out anything further on why that is?

Bo130

I have you and another with the same problem. Weird... Any ideas, you other?

Right after the system denied your invitation I went into ranked and found a opponent right away...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay if anyone group B is online to play the match just let me know, I will turn on Strikers then right away.

=)

Haunted

Swisslink said:
Bo130...
wtf o_O
I can play against EVERYBODY except you o_O

I hope we won't have to play against each other in the finals :/
Bo130 said:
I have you and another with the same problem. Weird... Any ideas, you other?

Right after the system denied your invitation I went into ranked and found a opponent right away...
Which error prompt shows up when one of you invites the other if you don't mind me asking?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
oookay. Sry if one of the other members of group B are coming online after this but I am too tired ^^
Tomorrow is the next chance. Just PM me and give the time when you are here =)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Tanasten told me he would be able to connect from 21:00 GMT during this week and the next, but I haven't seen him online lately.

Swisslink

Uhm, ok, so we have to wait for Tanasten...

oh, Radiohead's online *yay*

edit: damn, now I've really some problems with my connection...

edit2: ok, now i can connect to the other players...

Wow, I got steamrolled :lol
I'm gonna have to work on taking care of those long end-to-end overhead passes. They caught me off guard every time. Great game though... I played Myke as well.

I can't remember the score of the first set though. I think I won 3-2 or something like that? Myke will have to verify the final score. I know I won the second set 2-1 though, just about nabbed it in sudden death.

Unfortunately that'll have to be it for tonight. I may not be at home tomorrow night either... if not I'll try and catch you guys over the weekend? I played home in both of those games, so I'll play away when next we meet! :D

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Yep.

radioheadrule83 vs. Myke Greywolf: 2 (5) - 0 (3)

What a terrible, terrible match from myself. You'll be able to check it out on video later. I was just nervous and couldn't get my thing going.

Contrast that with my friendly match against Swisslink a few minutes later, in which I miraculously managed to lose by 2-1 (5-1, 3-4, 11-3) only. If I had played like that against rhr83, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

Swisslink

You played well on the second game...
I had more shots, but your goals with dry bones...yeah >_< :D
And i didn't use my chances, so yeah :p
The third game was much better for me :p

Haunted

good job, radiohead, Myke, Swiss and the others in Group B who played. It's really starting to pick up steam. One third of the games already played, lots of those in the last few days.

Myke, I know (oh, how I know! :p) how nervous one can be before a match, especially if it's in the coveted GAF Cup and against someone one has never played before. But still, you're in second place with very good chances to advance to the next round. Looking forward to the videos tomorrow (and doing some analysis if you don't mind. ^_^;)

Swisslink continues to steamroll through Group B. Congrats on already qualifying for the knockout rounds! :)

Don't forget that we've got up to date group tables you can check anytime to see what's going on. :)

edit: Just watched radiohead vs Myke. Not really shameful, you seemed both on a pretty equal level, but radiohead was just more effective in front of the goal. Myke, you had a lot of chances to shoot with Bowser and Birdo, but then passed to Dry Bones instead... that (and ITEMS!) :p were your fatal mistakes in this one. radiohead played well, did not have as many chances to score, but used those that popped up better.
Thanks for the video (again) - the capture quality is great, imo. :) Any chance we do a friendly these days which you then upload? I'd like to analyse my own game with a video sometimes.
I'm vain like that, yes. :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I use one of these. Dreadfully slow startup time and terrible interface (it's an early model, and it shows), but serves its function well.

I don't suffer from latency, since the recorder has a latency-free direct Scart passthrough channel, and I can use it even as I record from the source.

It goes: Wii <--Scart--> Sharp HDD/DVD Recorder <--Scart--> Samsung CRT TV.

Record to HDD, save to DVD-R, convert to AVI on the PC (using a interlace removing filter and resizing to correct aspect ratio), upload. Presto!

Ahh! Very cool... your recorder probably makes a much better capture device than something PC based. Having thought about it, I probably wouldn't be able to do it without exposing myself to PCI latency or whatever. It's great being able to watch your games back like that though.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
First games I did:

Tanasten (2) 6 - Myke GreyWolf (0) 1

Tanasten (1) 9 - Swisslink (2) 14

Had fun in both games. A pity I'm playing with a shitty Wii V-Box. I had no chance versus Swisslink :(

WOAH, swiss, ownage-guy ^^
So weird..i lost only once against you in our friendly matches, but against the guys you defeated...i dont have a chance :lol

anyway, sorry, i dont have much time these days...

If anyone from group A is online NOW, and hasnt played against me,...write in here within the next 30 minutes and i´ll play ;-)

Swisslink

Tanasten, sorry, normally I try not to overuse these things with Dry bones or boohoo, but I really hate the crystalcanyon XD
(But yeah, it was just a friendly ;) ^^)

edit: oh, phife dawg...
I think I won't be online for 3 (perhaps only 2, dunno ^^) days now (Harry Potter 7 -> Everywhere are spoilers :( )

tanasten

Swisslink said:
Tanasten, sorry, normally I try not to overuse these things with Dry bones or boohoo, but I really hate the crystalcanyon XD
(But yeah, it was just a friendly ;) ^^)

edit: oh, phife dawg...
I think I won't be online for 3 (perhaps only 2, dunno ^^) days now (Harry Potter 7 -> Everywhere are spoilers :( )

Don't worry, it was almost unplayable to me. I did recorded the first crystal cañon game. It's 5'7 GB :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Seeking for a program to downsize the video and upload it to you tube.

Haunted

Great going, Swiss. Looks like you've dominated Group B - I already feel sorry for the 4th-placed guy from group A. :lol

tanasten said:
Don't worry, it was almost unplayable to me. I did recorded the first crystal cañon game. It's 5'7 GB
Seeking for a program to downsize the video and upload it to you tube.
Finally you've started to play in the Cup. :D Any chance you'll sort the problems with your setup out until the knockout rounds? Would be nice to have you playing at your best possible level (and you did announce to win this tournament, after all.) :p

The Group Tables
have been updated. Group B is shaping up to be very interesting and suspenseful, imo. (Group A already is. :lol)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Another dreadful match by myself.... my nerves took over once again, and they don't play very well.

I'm guessing that I won't pass, since I only have 1 match left.

tanasten

Haunted One said:
Great going, Swiss. Looks like you've dominated Group B - I already feel sorry for the 4th-placed guy from group A. :lol

Finally you've started to play in the Cup. :D Any chance you'll sort the problems with your setup out until the knockout rounds? Would be nice to have you playing at your best possible level (and you did announce to win this tournament, after all.) :p

The Group Tables
have been updated. Group B is shaping up to be very interesting and suspenseful, imo. (Group A already is. :lol)

I don't think so. I'm looking for a nice LCD but the price is all over 700€ and I need to save for at least a month before buying it :(

Maybe I will ask to the bank for some financing. I don't know if they will now that I just got a new job. I will check it out.

But don't worry, I'll be in full force for the third tournament :D

BTW people, I will be online in the next 3 hours. If you're able... let's try to match some games.

maxmars

Hi guys, I'm back. :D Tanner and tired, but would like to play from monday on.. Who's up mon-fri evenings for group a?

Haunted

maxmars said:
Hi guys, I'm back. :D Tanner and tired, but would like to play from monday on.. Who's up mon-fri evenings for group a?
welcome back :)

*raises hand* I'm up for it. We can play on either Monday or Tuesday (or later this week, really) if you like. We can also play some friendly training matches before, if you feel totally out of the loop. :p

maxmars

thanks
not only i am out of the loop but i also have to discover what "brand- und wasserschaudensanierung" means.. i had that huge word under my eyes for a week. :lol

edit ok for either mon or tue, btw was all ok with exams?

Haunted

maxmars said:
thanks
not only I am out of the loop but I also have to discover what "brand- und wasserschadensanierung" means.. I had that huge word under my eyes for a week. :lol
haha what? :lol That's not a pleasant word at all
- fire/water (brand/wasser) damage (schaden) reconstruction (sanierung) - the renovation that needs to be done after something sustained extensive fire or water damage. :(
- legal talk in German is full of complicated words like that. :p

maxmars said:
edit ok for either mon or tue, btw was all ok with exams?
We'll make sure to play at least one training match before then. :) I have to check the schedule with my gf and will contact you per PM tomorrow or so. And 3/4 of the exams are done and I'm happy so far, thanks!

nli10

MasterMFauli said:
Sorry, no time tonight, im "pottering" right now :lol

Just finished it myself - I swear books send my eyes funny these days (well 9 solid hours of them do anyway...)

Koren

radioheadrule83 said:
Ahh! Very cool... your recorder probably makes a much better capture device than something PC based.
I use a my scart switch as a splitter, one towards the TV, the other in the PC, in a capture card (PVR350 or Bt878), and it used to work quite well. I'd like to record some matches, but I've some troubles with my linux currently. :(

By the way, is anyone in group A wants to play tomorrow (sunday) evening or anytime in the week, I should be available most of the time...

maxmars

Heh German is an interesting language. For the record it was painted on a car parked in the holiday village.

As for playing, ok for everything as planned with PMs.

Dash are you around? Darktails? Bo130? MMF? Tomorrow I will start hunting for you all through PMs. :D

Top Bottom