• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$300 8" tablets: Thin+light, fast web browsing w/Flash, 8-10 hours...and Steam

Danj

Has the Microsoft USA doorbuster sale thing been posted here yet? (Dell Venue Pro 8 for $99 for the first x customers, $199 for the next y customers or something like that, at Microsoft Stores and Microsoft online store in the USA, today only).

Has the Microsoft USA doorbuster sale thing been posted here yet? (Dell Venue Pro 8 for $99 for the first x customers, $199 for the next y customers or something like that, at Microsoft Stores and Microsoft online store in the USA, today only).

Yes, I'm on the line for it right now. The people here where smart enough to make a list, I'm 13 woo, I made it =). Hopefully I don't get punched too hard.

Edit: a representative went down here very early, and said he will give us a voucher and stuff... I want it know >_>

Rhindle

Yes, I'm on the line for it right now. The people here where smart enough to make a list, I'm 13 woo, I made it =). Hopefully I don't get punched too hard.

Edit: a representative went down here very early, and said he will give us a voucher and stuff... I want it know >_>
Jeez, there's a line already? I was going to head there an hour or two before opening, guess there's no point bothering.

Jeez, there's a line already? I was going to head there an hour or two before opening, guess there's no point bothering.

There's like 40 people here already. The guy say that you are guaranteed a 99 tablet if you get here in the first hour. They will give you a voucher and you will get them once they get a restock.

Edit:

I'm so sleepy.

verbum

There's like 40 people here already. The guy say that you are guaranteed a 99 tablet if you get here in the first hour. They will give you a voucher and you will get them once they get a restock.

So you save,say, $200 off retail, and you wait for,say, 8 hours. You are making $25 per hour by standing there. How's the cold?

LordCanti

The chances of getting one online are ridiculously slim but I'm gonna try. I need something a bit better than my aging Touchpad w/Android.

RoadDogg

I wonder when the site goes live. 9 like most of the stores? Or are they going to wait until west coast time? Or maybe they sold out at midnight and it is already over?

LordCanti

I wonder when the site goes live. 9 like most of the stores? Or are they going to wait until west coast time? Or maybe they sold out at midnight and it is already over?

10 eastern supposedly. We'll see. Their servers might crash instantly under the weight of the red hot e-boner that will be penetrating them around 1 minute til.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

I believe I'll have a meeting in the US in a couple of months. I might wait until then if I can't find a cheapy V8P over here. I'm dead sure I won't be able to grab it crazy cheap, but I can't pay euro prices ATM... who knows, maybe the pen support will be fixed by then.

RoadDogg

Well the site just got hammered at 8:59 - 9:01. No price drop, but the spike brought it to its knees and redirected you to either the home page or a search page after wasting time pretending you were in some kind of line. Doesn't bode well for 10 AM.

LordCanti

It was always going to go down; The game is getting in either before it goes down or right as it recovers.

I...I've seen some shit in my day. I did some F5ing that I'm not proud of to get an HP Touchpad.

border

I'm in line in Jacksonville, FL -- they just handed out vouchers, all $99 units are spoken for. If you are in town I'd suggest trying the website unless you want one for $199.

First time site would actually load was 10:02, and it was already listed as $199. Not sure it was ever $99 online.

I think if you switch the "holiday" sub domain out of the URL for "www", the site works better.

Edit: Guess someone above actually saw the mythical $99

RoadDogg

I've been hammering the site ins 9:55 and never saw $99. Saw $199 with add to cart a few times so I have the URL to send that request, but it still won't work.

Edit: It is now in my cart for $199 and is trying to get me to review/check out. Maybe I will see a price drop by the time I get into my cart.

Edit 2: Still $199 at check out. Oh well, I already have a T100 but I had to try. I guess they only had 2 or something.

LordCanti

Never saw $99. Some of you are saying that you did? If so, bots must have gotten in at the split second it changed or something. No way were there 3000 units alloted for this or whatever figure Slickdeals was quoting.

Oh well. I feel better that some of you actually saw the $99 price, even if it just means that they didn't commit outright false advertising.

LordCanti

This thing is $260 on Amazon so if you don't really need one right now, I wouldn't worry about getting it at $199. It will be there soon enough as a regular price.

Top Bottom