• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament #2: because we still have nothing to do

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good god fuck this shitty game. Ram is fucking insane to think this is better than NCAA. 42-40 in the 4th quarter, just to get a disconnect....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
seriously wtf was that bs lag game.

I think you need to match me up against someone other than Lonestar, our connections don't go well together.... for the first time ever. WAY TO GO EA!

Lone has to resort to unsim like ball missing extra points every time cause of the lag and then it booted us in the fucking 4th.

NCAA SHITS ALL OVER THIS DUNG

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm seriously questioning if I want to play in the league.

Matrix

You cant manually tackle if there is even a hint of lag and even then the players knock each other over like bowling pins.

That didn't feel like football at all :lol Absurd.

Lonestar

82 points, and we had like 7 minutes left in the 4th

Was as if michael bay made a football movie, and our game was the centerpiece of the movie.

Matrix

I also think I was going to score on that pass play, I saw a WR wide open and the fucking game just paused.

Wow I thought not playing for a few days would make me not hate the game as much.... I was clearly wrong :lol

That game was going to end up in the 100's.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Good god fuck this shitty game. Ram is fucking insane to think this is better than NCAA. 42-40 in the 4th quarter, just to get a disconnect....

I think they're both flawed out the wazoo, but NCAA's netcode is horrendous for me, while Madden feels great aside from kick lag, that's really the only reason I quit NCAA, every game was like playing with a 1-2 second input lag.

I mean you guys have one game of lag and pile on the game like it's the norm, I've had one laggy game against Goldlion, and that was on his old connection.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
I think they're both flawed out the wazoo, but NCAA's netcode is horrendous for me, while Madden feels great aside from kick lag, that's really the only reason I quit NCAA, every game was like playing with a 1-2 second input lag.

I mean you guys have one game of lag and pile on the game like it's the norm, I've had one laggy game against Goldlion, and that was on his old connection.

It felt exactly like the aborted game of ours. So, combo of kick lag, dislike of audible changes, playbooks. Besides some tricky INT's of Matrix and 1 goal line stand, I felt eerily able to pass all over the place, at will. I know the Saint's Defense isn't great, but it should be ok.

Matrix

I have no lag with NCAA *shrug*

DMczaf

Birdman02 said:
DM, you wanna play our game tonight? I can go anytime after 10 est.

I'd rather play tomorrow, I'm burned out today and I have a splitting headache. I can play between 11am-4pm pst or after 7pm pst.

Birdman02

DMczaf said:
I'd rather play tomorrow, I'm burned out today and I have a splitting headache. I can play between 11am-4pm pst or after 7pm pst.

It will have to be sometime after 7 (if at all tomorrow), since I'll be at work all day. We might have company over tomorrow night, but I think that is gonna get pushed to Thursday. If we do end up having people over tomorrow, I could probably play after they left...sometime around 10 pst.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dunno what happened there. GG anyway Astro. Fucking Hawks blow. Hasslebeck has to wind up for any throw over 10 yards

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg yeah i challenged the fumble (probably was a fumble anyway) and then it disconned. bungles are out of their freaking minds just weapons all over the place. their offense is a total joke. it's like night and day between them and cardinals (and the cardinals are decent). kept thinking you were coming back but your players kept making bonehead plays

anyway bungles 21-0

CB3

My one TD gets called back because of a clipping penalty by my WR After the catch is made 20 yards behind me :lol

ugh, dallas 20, denver 17.

i cannot fucking believe how much of a pussy jabar gaffney is. so i'm driving downfield, down 3. there are 12 seconds left and i'm at the dallas 6. i fake out the slot defender and gaffney catches the ball INSIDE THE ONE FUCKING YARD LINE, with no one immedately close (maybe a yard away, but not right on him). so surely his momentum will carry him right? no. he decides to make a one hand catch and gets stuffed at the 1 inch line, no timeouts left -_-

p.s. lonestar/matrix either you are both horrible at defense or there was some crazy lag causing big plays. there is no way you put up those types of points on a regular basis playing on all-madden :lol

its a toss up for me in madden vs. ncaa. ncaa obviously has MUCH better franchise mode, but i like the gameplay in both. ncaa obviously has an advantage since you can change the sliders to your liking, but madden is very enjoyable to me when you get a lag free game

BigAT

Dallas - 20
Denver - 17

I had to save some highlights from my game with FMT because of how crazy it got at times.

First drive of the game, this is how you shoot the gap.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32516946

Roy Williams shows off the fantastic hands he's known for.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32517076

I think I got an erection off of this one. After Tebow had been tearing me apart for most of the game, he throws the TAINT that lost his team the game after he gets popped by D-Ware. I guess FMT didn't pray hard enough.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32517275

Final play of the game, FMT is left with no time outs and has to watch the final seconds tick away as he scrambles to the line, unable to get another play off.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32516794

Lonestar

So, how do you want to do this Matrix :lol

I say Pick a Number!

pickanumber.gif

Matrix

Haha @lone let's just try one more time like tomorrow or something.

fmt, I had three games where hardly any d was played tonight. So apparently Lone, myself, birdman and cb all stink at d on all madden.

Only laggy game was with lone.

Matrix said:
Haha @lone let's just try one more time like tomorrow or something.

fmt, I had three games where hardly any d was played tonight. So apparently Lone, myself, birdman and cb all stink at d on all madden.

Only laggy game was with lone.

well CB is garbage on defense so throw that one out. yours and lonestars game was laggy, and birdman wanted to make you feel good about yourself!

in all seriousness though the defense has been much better than last seasons game in my opinion. maybe we should play sometime and put your little theory to the test :D

Matrix

LETS PLAY NOW BIZNATCH!

I know I suck at D, but playing manual d in this years version sucks ass.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I could understand putting up that many points on the Lions. The defense is not very good.

It was lag though, he was having just as much trouble tackling as me and it had nothing to do with the Lions.... at least that game.

CB3

Manual D is really screwed this year if your playing DB. It feels like the controls dont react as quickly. Trying to switch to another defender while the ball is in the air to make a play is a death sentence in most cases too.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Manual D is really screwed this year if your playing DB. It feels like the controls dont react as quickly. Trying to switch to another defender while the ball is in the air to make a play is a death sentence in most cases too.
DBs slow down now when you switch to manual defender. It used to be that they sped up because you had your finger on the boost.

They also don't wrap tackle on proximity as well as they used to. In addition to that, when you get switched to the wrong guy (you want the guy up top, but it switches you to the to the left) it slows down that player or completely breaks his ankles and takes him out of position.

It takes a lot of getting used to, but I think I'm getting better at it. It will be worse with the Online Franchise settings, though. :\

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Are any of you buying NHL 11? FIFA 11? I really get the sense this Madden season will be a one and done for a lot of folks (if that). I already have FIFA 11 taken care of (on PS3) but I am on the fence about NHL. If we had a league similar to this for NHL, I would be all over it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FIFA 11 360 going to try to do a big blowout league, hopefully with some Madden-league people joining up. The nice thing about FIFA is you can jump right in and be pretty competitive.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
FIFA 11 360 going to try to do a big blowout league, hopefully with some Madden-league people joining up. The nice thing about FIFA is you can jump right in and be pretty competitive.
I was thinking of getting it, i haven't played a FIFA since like 2002 :/

DCX

Lonestar

Is there a Trade the Shirt mini-game?
What about Faking an injury mini-game? Optional Ankle Sprain Combo's?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Lonestar said:
You sound like a guy who would like hockey. Next to the NFL, the NHL is the second best league in America.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lonestar said:
They actually do have diving in PES (or at least they did last I played it). The cool thing about FIFA this year is they have 11-on-11 online play and you can play as the GK as well. People were really skeptical about this at first, but I've played 6-on-6 with our GAF team back in the day and it was really fun.

Nightz

I'll be getting both NHL and FIFA. I love the modes where you control one guy on the team, so I'm definitely going to be doing EASHL and FIFA's 11 on 11 (though I don't know much about soccer).

Lonestar

AstroLad said:
They actually do have diving in PES (or at least they did last I played it). The cool thing about FIFA this year is they have 11-on-11 online play and you can play as the GK as well. People were really skeptical about this at first, but I've played 6-on-6 with our GAF team back in the day and it was really fun.

See, now this is interesting. A team sports game where every person on the field is a person.

Helps that there isn't really a playcalling system, in the same way as "Football", and that everyone can be involved with the ball.

Top Bottom