• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament #2: because we still have nothing to do

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
See, now this is interesting. A team sports game where every person on the field is a person.

Helps that there isn't really a playcalling system, in the same way as "Football", and that everyone can be involved with the ball.
Yeah I'm sure some of you have done this with NHL but there's nothing like being on a chat with a big team and scoring a goal and having the chat erupt. (It's actually pretty tough to score so that makes it more momentous.)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AT can you play tonight?

I will be out of town Friday through Sunday night.

I haven't been keeping track but cuts are coming soon, when is the next roster update scheduled?

I wouldn't mind doing another random team tourney. Using a 3-4 D for the first time in Madden 11 had been liberating as far as schemes go.

And yes I agree with FMT regarding D being a lot better but it's attributable to playing All Madden. I've notice it's much more dependent on playcalling than individual effort. I've been pretty good about keeping scores in check with the exception of the tournament game against Rors but that featured a fumble returned for a TD, a KR TD, and some ridiculous moves by DHB to get around AR31 and bolt toward the end zone. I let the AI handle it and it just didn't close the gap like a human would, Rors expertly made it his bitch.

Still undecided as to what to do when as far as switching to the next nearest defender due to the issues Matrix cited.

LiveWire

Astro do you know if FIFA 11 works with World Cup 2010 South Africa as far as the "Captain Your Country" game mode? I kinda wanted to mess around with creating a player and working up through MLS and/or Premier League career and then transferring to the World Cup for the Finals. FIFA 10 supported it, obviously, but I also don't want to miss out on the online play with GAF in 11.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LiveWire said:
Astro do you know if FIFA 11 works with World Cup 2010 South Africa as far as the "Captain Your Country" game mode? I kinda wanted to mess around with creating a player and working up through MLS and/or Premier League career and then transferring to the World Cup for the Finals. FIFA 10 supported it, obviously, but I also don't want to miss out on the online play with GAF in 11.
Do you mean using your Pro from FIFA 11 in WC? I can't say for certain but since they kept it going through WC I think there's a good chance. If anyone would know, it would probably be someone in here though.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
Do you mean using your Pro from FIFA 11 in WC? I can't say for certain but since they kept it going through WC I think there's a good chance. If anyone would know, it would probably be someone in here though.
can u play?

DCX

LiveWire

Yea, that's it. I guess even if it doesn't I could always go back up pick up 10 as I'm sure the price will plummet after 11 releases. Count me in for your 11v11 league. Can we convince 20 other Madden GAFfers to embrace soccer?

Sanjuro

LiveWire said:
Yea, that's it. I guess even if it doesn't I could always go back up pick up 10 as I'm sure the price will plummet after 11 releases. Count me in for your 11v11 league. Can we convince 20 other Madden GAFfers to embrace soccer?
lol nope.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DCX said:
can u play?

DCX
Our tourney game? Do we have to wait for Round 1 to finish or can we just jump in? If so, I can play tonight after 9 EST.
Count me in for your 11v11 league. Can we convince 20 other Madden GAFfers to embrace soccer?
Yeah, the way I was thinking of doing it was to have a 1 v 1 league with about 16 people and then just load up everyone we can into the GAF clan. Ever since a bunch of people from the soccer thread got banned and started up their own board, FIFA GAF is much smaller -- pretty much me and about five other people -- so that small contingent + memvers of Madden GAF would be the perfect amount. Getting 11 together for games would be awesome, but even if you get 5 or more together it's still really fun.

Nightz

You can play ahead if you want. You'll just have to wait a little longer for your next opponents.

Round 1 deadline is tomorrow, 9 pm surfer time!

Round 2 deadline will be Sunday, 9 pm!

People in the loser's bracket should play their games as well. Winner of loser's bracket plays winner of the winner's bracket for a shot at redemption!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifa is fun. Problem is im not a fan of the actual sport so i know nothing of the teams/players and that kinda takes away from the fun

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You can play ahead if you want. You'll just have to wait a little longer for your next opponents.
Cool, I can play tonight then DCX most likely.

CB3 said:
Fifa is fun. Problem is im not a fan of the actual sport so i know nothing of the teams/players and that kinda takes away from the fun
Yeah I have a lot of IRL friends who don't know anything about soccer but love playing FIFA whenever we get together. Hell I don't even really follow soccer that much myself except during the international competitions.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
Cool, I can play tonight then DCX most likely.

Yeah I have a lot of IRL friends who don't know anything about soccer but love playing FIFA whenever we get together. Hell I don't even really follow soccer that much myself except during the international competitions.
Awesome, see you then.

DCX

TheCrow

LiveWire said:
I'm in. I'm playing as
fat
Ronaldo. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am surprised more people aren't into the NHL games. Back in the Genesis days, NHL was just as popular as Madden in my neck of the woods.

LukeSmith

DenogginizerOS said:
I am surprised more people aren't into the NHL games. Back in the Genesis days, NHL was just as popular as Madden in my neck of the woods.

Yep, the NHL games are consistently among my favorite sports games, took '10 off, will try and get back to it for '11

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DenogginizerOS said:
CB,

Do you want to play our game this evening?

It will be a toss up. Depends on what time. I might have to play FMT for NCAA if we advance tonight

Sanjuro

I'll probably get NBA2k for team play and Shaq.

Ramirez, I'l around early than expected so should be here all tonight/tomorrow. Sent you a message on AIM as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well actually I keep forgetting about NBA Elite...NBA Jam is a pretty big selling point for me.

Yea I want Jam bad, I'm going to end up with both :( I always do this shit.

Mrbob

With 11 ipod touches buying two BBALL games seems small by comparison!

I might get NBA Elite for the NBA Jam code and then sell it right away. I have to pick up NBA2K11 with Jordan on the cover and in the game. I'll also probably get NHL 11 on 360. And maybe DM will accept a scrim against me in Madden before I sell this POS. I don't have any major interest in playing Madden 11 the beta until Tiburon patches it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll be buying a new ipod touch when they announce it next week! my 3rd gen just died :(

Are we sure Jam is a code and not on the disc? If its just a download I'll do the same thing.

I'm getting Fifa for the PS3 cause of my bro and I would get NHL for 360 but I stink at those.. thats a maybe.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
CB3 said:
It will be a toss up. Depends on what time. I might have to play FMT for NCAA if we advance tonight
No problem. I have had a full day and have 2 big days ahead of me. I will be around this evening after 815 est.

daw840

Rorschach said:
Jordan is a punk ass punk.

Daw: will the wife let you play today?

She's about to leave, so we should be good to go sometime tonight. I have to take a few pre-employment online tests for Farmers so after that I should be good to go.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
She's about to leave, so we should be good to go sometime tonight. I have to take a few pre-employment online tests for Farmers so after that I should be good to go.
Alright. Let me know when you're done.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG AT. At least I didn't get shut out. 30-3 Dallas.

If Ram uses the default Steelers PB, dude is a golden child of Madden. Didn't realize how bad it was cause Live kept giving me the ball.

Also, if Somnia doesn't go undefeated he should relinquish the Cowboys, good grief.

BigAT

GG.

Unrelated to our game: The complete inability of defenders to tackle, specifically the secondary, really needs to get fixed.

Related to our game: Between the two teams we had 3 players, all big names, go down for a combined 18 weeks of injury time.

Wellington said:
GG AT. At least I didn't get shut out. 30-3 Dallas.

If Ram uses the default Steelers PB, dude is a golden child of Madden. Didn't realize how bad it was cause Live kept giving me the ball.

Also, if Somnia doesn't go undefeated he should relinquish the Cowboys, good grief.

you needed the power of tim tebow to defeat him!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
GG.

Unrelated to our game: The complete inability of defenders to tackle, specifically the secondary, really needs to get fixed.

Related to our game: Between the two teams we had 3 players, all big names, go down for a combined 18 weeks of injury time.
Those are the two things that I really hope they fix with this patch. Ian said they were working on the secondaries tackling skills. The injury issue is huge. Every game I've played someone has gone down with a huge injury. Thank God we didn't start the franchise yet.

There was nothing G about that G. I got smashed to pieces.

Fun fact: Aside from the opening kickoff, you never started a possession on your side of the field.

Also, specials needs to be overhauled. I forgot to save it but that one punt I kicked off in the third had only my user controlled gunner down the field. The other 10 guys were sitting where I punted until the ball was caught.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:
I'm getting it and rolling as the Zombie Sonics in Smokey's league, but I really just want to play Jordan mode

Yea it's basically Jordan making me buy this. 2K has been shit, but they knew how to get some of us suckers.

Lone, want to try one more time tonight?

Rorschach

Do you guys buy Hanes too?
BigAT said:
GG.

That's partly because we're playing All-Madden. Never-ever-ever-ever go for the strip or try to stick in open space.

At least gang tackle evasion isn't an automatic TD anymore.

Matrix

Nightz or someone flip a coin or some shit and decide the winner of lones and my game.

Top Bottom