• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You mean your new and improved Bush? :lol

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Not Keller. Keller can be contained and he goes out for a few drives per game due to his boneitis.
Listen he will have one of the best 3 year careers of any back in history...then he will have to have his legs amputated due to a sprained ankle.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
He's not in this league. :(

But he is awesome!

:( Too awesome.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Gore is not worth a top 5 pick.

3rd rounder maybe.
Asking for a top 5 in this market is FMT's way of saying he doesn't want to get rid of Gore. At the same time, he wants to tell himself he tried.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gore isn't going anywhere fellas! i love you frank!

You would've dropped Gore at a moment's notice had I made Portis available. Does Frank know how you really feel?

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Asking for a top 5 in this market is FMT's way of saying he doesn't want to get rid of Gore. At the same time, he wants to tell himself he tried.
this, it's like being in a relationship that is not going to get better, you debate on leaving but know u can't do better..

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:

That's the same idea when BJ asked for Moss, I threw out some insane stuff. And he said yes. Course, that trade doesn't seem as insane as what could have happened tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Real official top RB List:

1) AP
2) CJ
3) Turner
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) MJD
6) Gore
7) Lebron
8) Secret guy Rors mentioned
9) Slaton
10) S-Jax

Honorable Mentions: BJac, Westbrook, Lynch, Brown, Beanie (Overrated) Wells

Fifty

Wellington said:

1) AP
2) CJ
3) Turner
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) MJD
6) Gore
7) Lebron
9) Slaton
10) S-Jax

You can't list Leron James but not Keller. Keller is the shit.

Rorschach

Wellington said:

1) AP
2) CJ
3) Turner
4) DeAngelo Williams
5) MJD
6) Gore
7) Lebron
9) Slaton
10) S-Jax

Did you play against Lebron last season? There's no way he's anywhere past 3. He might even be 2. You can't low stick him because he will auto-jump it (yes even double low sticks), you can't high stick him because you will bounce off or be brushed off, you can't wrap him because you slide off, you can't dive tackle because he'll do the sidestep animation. He's the ultimate auto-HB. Oh and he can catch. What I would have to do is corral him to the side line, then high stick him so I bounce off and he gets tipped out of bounds. If he was in the middle of the field, you had to do a few high sticks to get him to bounce out of bounds or you were toast. Your only hope was a miracle shoestring tackle from behind. Compared to him, Gore is a little bitch.

Now, if we rate them based on how we think they're going to do (keeping owners and the HB's ratings in mind), this would be my list:

Turner
C.Johnson
BJAC
Westbrook
Joey Keller

Honorable mention: LDT, McFadden, Moreno, Wells, Mendenhall

Rorschach said:
Did you play against Lebron last season? There's no way he's anywhere past 3. He might even be 2. You can't low stick him because he will auto-jump it (yes even double low sticks), you can't high stick him because you will bounce off or be brushed off, you can't wrap him because you slide off, you can't dive tackle because he'll do the sidestep animation. He's the ultimate auto-HB. Oh and he can catch. What I would have to do is corral him to the side line, then high stick him so I bounce off and he gets tipped out of bounds. If he was in the middle of the field, you had to do a few high sticks to get him to bounce out of bounds or you were toast. Your only hope was a miracle shoestring tackle from behind. Compared to him, Gore is a little bitch.

Now, if we rate them based on how we think they're going to do (keeping owners and the HB's ratings in mind), this would be my list:

Turner
C.Johnson
BJAC
Westbrook
Joey Keller

No SJAX....smfh.

He'd have more yards if my defense could get off the field more or if he'd stop fumbling at critical points in the game. lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

Turner
C.Johnson
BJAC
Westbrook
Joey Keller

I get him this season. I guess we'll see.

BJac's problem is his propensity for getting hurt. I always take him out in the second half of a blowout.

Wellington said:
I get him this season. I guess we'll see.

BJac's problem is his propensity for getting hurt. I always take him out in the second half of a blowout.

If I can get some key pieces in place on defense then I would have more leads in the 4th quarter and could run the ball more but I normally have to rally in the 4th quarter through the air.
Only for my defense to let the other team score and win the game in the last minute! :(

Fifty

I'm going to run up the score on people this year, just to get Keller enough TDs to earn him respect. I guess 28 wasn't enough. I could have had 30 easily if not for knees!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
I'm going to run up the score on people this year, just to get Keller enough TDs to earn him respect. I guess 28 wasn't enough. I could have had 30 easily if not for knees!
I'm nothing special with Jacobs, I am just relentless when it comes to running the ball. I don't care if I get 2 yards or 20 yards, I am pounding it all damned day.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuuGLySv1GfCdHgxNE9BRDhwSXVnbHlmdkVTaS1QQlE&hl=en

Career wise I have the highest rushing attempts at 797. 24.9 attempts per game. I even intend to focus on the run even more this coming season. Straight up DM Ball!

Rorschach

I put him on my list. What more do you want, Fiddy?

storybook77 said:
No SJAX....smfh.

He'd have more yards if my defense could get off the field more or if he'd stop fumbling at critical points in the game. lol
Did you know SJax is the only top 20 back with less than 4 yards a carry? :eek:

There are only six backs with less than 4.0 in the top 60. :lol This is why I'm amazed when people complain about not being able to run. The league average is something like 5.4 if you take out the QBs. That's just insane.

Rorschach said:
I put him on my list. What more do you want, Fiddy?

Did you know SJax is the only top 20 back with less than 4 yards a carry? :eek:

There are only six backs with less than 4.0 in the top 60. :lol This is why I'm amazed when people complain about not being able to run. The league average is something like 5.4 if you take out the QBs. That's just insane.

I don't have any WRs over 80, everyone knows I'm going to run the ball...lol.

I'm fine with my YPC as long as that clock keeps moving, see defensive performance.

Birdman02

In casse anybody's interested:

Rashean Mathis CB is officially on the trading block. (90 MCV, 88 ZCV, 87 PRS) I'm looking for draft pick(s)

I could also be talked into trading John Henderson DT for the right price.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
I don't have any WRs over 80, everyone knows I'm going to run the ball...lol.

I'm fine with my YPC as long as that clock keeps moving, see defensive performance.
I'm with ya, brother! Shouldn't have dumped Avery, though. :\

I was just saying that's part of my reasoning for him not sniffing the top 5. This is a crazy offensive league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I wish EA would somehow count runs... There are some guys that toss you to death. Tosses are for chicks, real men run it up the middle!

You don't need good WRs to have a good O, they will get better! I brought my guys up from the dirt! The dirt!!!

Wellington said:
I wish EA would somehow count runs... There are some guys that toss you to death. Tosses are for chicks, real men run it up the middle!

You don't need good WRs to have a good O, they will get better! I brought my guys up from the dirt! The dirt!!!

My offense is decent enough. None of my current receivers have big play ability and thats what is lacking. Bulger is still serviceable but he does miss the occasional WIDE open receiver by a good ten feet.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Preach it! Up the gut, mofos!

[edit] Oh and I brought my WRs up from below the dirt. They would have killed to be dirt.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
storybook77 said:
My offense is decent enough. None of my current receivers have big play ability and thats what is lacking. Bulger is still serviceable but he does miss the occasional WIDE open receiver by a good ten feet.
Big plays happen because of defensive mishaps like a missed tackle or a guy getting behind a defense. It's not common for those to happen. Focus on following downfield blocks from other receivers when you catch passes and your YAC will increase big time.

It's what makes me good at running too. I don't have the agility to turn on a dime with Jacobs, so I have to watch how defenders will break away from blocks and set up my runs accordingly.

Wellington said:
Big plays happen because of defensive mishaps like a missed tackle or a guy getting behind a defense. It's not common for those to happen. Focus on following downfield blocks from other receivers when you catch passes and your YAC will increase big time.

It's what makes me good at running too. I don't have the agility to turn on a dime with Jacobs, so I have to watch how defenders will break away from blocks and set up my runs accordingly.

That's what I mean though, my receivers as they currently stand aren't the kind that break tackles with any kind of consistency or make tough catches. I'm not just talking about getting open deep. Foster had a good increase in progression so we'll see how he fares this year. Right now, Robinson, Foster, and Burton are my 1, 2, and 3.

Lonestar

I'm horrible when running up the gut, because it seems like my C and RG are constantly getting punked by DT's, but sometimes Fargas does ok (from his higher STR and trucking rating)

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Jerry Reese and EA's progression algorithm gave you your WRs. :p

Matrix

Lonestar said:
I'm horrible when running up the gut, because it seems like my C and RG are constantly getting punked by DT's, but sometimes Fargas does ok (from his higher STR and trucking rating)

Well Slaton wouldn't help you there. You would have to go the chick route with tosses.

daw840

Matrix said:
Well Slaton wouldn't help you there. You would have to go the chick route with tosses.

AP goes wherever he wants to go. Hell, he goes up the middle, then tosses it to himself on the corner.

Birdman02 said:
In casse anybody's interested:

Rashean Mathis CB is officially on the trading block. (90 MCV, 88 ZCV, 87 PRS) I'm looking for draft pick(s)

I could also be talked into trading John Henderson DT for the right price.

I would offer a deal but I have like no picks remaining :lol

Lonestar

Matrix said:

Yeah, but then with Slaton I could put in the HB Slot package and fool people into thinking I'm in run formation, then BOOM, pass to the HB in the flat :lol

I probably would have liked to have grabbed Mathis instead of Ross, but you waited around too long, Bird. Plus, Ross is a little bit older, and that much sooner to devaluation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Michael Johnson, 81 OVR safety, 28 Years Old, good measurables. - is on the block. I drafted a guy with my second first round pick that I intend to start in his spot.

Looking for OL help or a draft pick for next season.

TheCrow

Me and Sable were able to work out a trade for a player I drafted.

WR Lance Moore for RE Ben Barrentine

Here is my new trading block:

Ryan Harris(RT) - 88
Lance Moore(WR) - 82
Chris Baker(DT) - 75
Derek Anderson(QB) - 74
Marcus Thomas(LE) - 74 - can play anywhere on the D-Line
Andra Davis(MLB) - 70

I'd be willing to look over any offers.

Nightz

I've got two TE's on the block if anyone is looking for one

Daniel Coats (75)
Reggie Kelly (74)

I'd like an OLB around the same rating.

Matrix

Nightz said:
Anyone have a young 80+ CB they'd like to trade? I'm willing to trade draft pick(s) for next season.

haha your pass D doesn't need help :lol At least it didn't last night.

Mrbob

Putting it here:

82 rated SS 28 year old Kevin Payne B POT up for trade. Has a couple good years left.

Looking for a CB, DE, DT, LE in return. Probably a CB because I want to try something crazy with my defense.

Nightz

Matrix said:
haha your pass D doesn't need help :lol At least it didn't last night.
:lol Well there definitely still are holes in my pass D. Thankfully I didn't get burned too bad when you found them last night.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i'm looking for a FS or SS. all i have to offer is future picks.
I have a FS, but he may not be any better than the one you have.

DCX

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i'm looking for a FS or SS. all i have to offer is future picks.

Talk to me on aim or PM me. I might be willing to offload for a high pick. Maybe.

daw840

Darius Reynaud is on the block.

He doesn't make for a very good WR, but he is a 92 rated KR/PR so if anyone is looking.

Top Bottom