• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Darius Reynaud is on the block.

He doesn't make for a very good WR, but he is a 92 rated KR/PR so if anyone is looking.
Does the rating really mean anything? I have Norwood and Sanders returning kicks and punts for me and Norwood is like a 70, Sanders a 15!!! yet Sanders was top three in punt returns last year ( his first punt return this year went for 45 yards ) and Norwood took one to the house 107 yards. Douglas is an 80 something and he sucks at returning kicks.

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
Does the rating really mean anything? I have Norwood and Sanders returning kicks and punts for me and Norwood is like a 70, Sanders a 15!!! yet Sanders was top three in punt returns last year ( his first punt return this year went for 45 yards ) and Norwood took one to the house 107 yards. Douglas is an 80 something and he sucks at returning kicks.

DCX

IDK, he backed up Percy Harvin last year and did pretty well. Harvin is a 99 rated KR/PR and he fucking kills it on the returns.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
IDK, he backed up Percy Harvin last year and did pretty well. Harvin is a 99 rated KR/PR and he fucking kills it on the returns.
No i don't dispute the rating is deserved or works, i'm just wondering what the rating does. Like does it give you a boost to awr, or elusiveness and broken tackles if you hit a hole. I mean because a hole is a hole is a hole no matter what or who you drive through it :lol :lol

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:

DCX

Santana Moss is a 95 returner. If I get 1 block that gets him to the outside on a punt, it's a TD 9 times out of 10. Unfortunately, with most people in the league either being really good at punting, having mule kickers/punters or better special teams coverage than I do, I rarely get the opportunity to make a return. :/

However, you make a good point, I think they just make the guys that NFL teams use on returns highly rated even though they're not that good (which would explain Rock Cartwrights' 90 return rating in the online roster, even though he's slow as shit in real life and the game).

The only thing I would worry about with players with low return ratings like Sanders is their carrying rating, or else this could happen to you!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15453042

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Santana Moss is a 95 returner. If I get 1 block that gets him to the outside on a punt, it's a TD 9 times out of 10. Unfortunately, with most people in the league either being really good at punting, having mule kickers/punters or better special teams coverage than I do, I rarely get the opportunity to make a return. :/

However, you make a good point, I think they just make the guys that NFL teams use on returns highly rated even though they're not that good (which would explain Rock Cartwrights' 90 return rating in the online roster, even though he's slow as shit in real life and the game).

The only thing I would worry about with players with low return ratings like Sanders is their carrying rating, or else this could happen to you!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15453042
This is true, but the reward is high. Hell i seen 90+ carry guys fumble ( Tank and Stewart did ) a low carry rating doesn't equal instant fumble.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Michael Johnson, 81 OVR safety, 28 Years Old, good measurables. - is on the block. I drafted a guy with my second first round pick that I intend to start in his spot.

Looking for OL help or a draft pick for next season.
Still on the block! He works at FS and SS!

As far as returners go, you want to look at five numbers: SPD, AGI, CAR, TRK, and ELU. ACC doesn't matter because by the time you hit defenders you are going top speed. If you can break a tackle or two you will be gone, and as we know BTK was replaced by TRK and ELU.

daw840

Wellington said:
Still on the block! He works at FS and SS!

As far as returners go, you want to look at five numbers: SPD, AGI, CAR, TRK, and ELU. ACC doesn't matter because by the time you hit defenders you are going top speed. If you can break a tackle or two you will be gone, and as we know BTK was replaced by TRK and ELU.

ACC would matter though, because when you are in the break tackle animation you slow way down, then you have to accelerate back to top speed.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
ACC would matter though, because when you are in the break tackle animation you slow way down, then you have to accelerate back to top speed.
true, but acc won't matter if you don't have truck or elu right?

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Good point. You are the calming ying to my raging yang, Daw.

I don't know what LJ was doing with Lankster but dude would not go down and he has terrible ratings in a lot of spots I think are critical.

daw840

Wellington said:

I don't know what LJ was doing with Lankster but dude would not go down and he has terrible ratings in a lot of spots I think are critical.

Yes Wellingson

LJ11

Wellington said:

I didn't do anything dude, I wanted the fucker to go down, was worried about a fumble but he just refused to go down.

I'll be experimenting more with returners over the course of the season now that Parrish is gone. Parrish was a fumble machine if someone dropped the stick on him, but his AGI and ACC were so high that I could turn on a dime, run a bit parallel, get a guy to whiff on a hit-stick and turn it up field.

guys, i'm looking for SS help. i only have draft picks to offer. i have made offers to SOME league members, but if you have a 80+ SS..... contact me to discuss!

p.s. LJ, parrish already has paid dividends to me. i had an 80+ yard KR with him (would have been a TD but i straddled the line too close and lost balance almost stepping out!), and he absolutely destroys slot CB's with his speed.

didn't get a chance to return a punt YET though!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, i'm looking for SS help. i only have draft picks to offer. i have made offers to SOME league members, but if you have a 80+ SS..... contact me to discuss!

p.s. LJ, parrish already has paid dividends to me. i had an 80+ yard KR with him (would have been a TD but i straddled the line too close and lost balance almost stepping out!), and he absolutely destroys slot CB's with his speed.

didn't get a chance to return a punt YET though!

Good to hear, should of asked for a 3rd! He does rip up slot CB's, but his catch in traffic is pretty shitty so interior defenders knock the ball away quite easily when he's going through a zone. Best way to use him is on drags. He jumps pretty high for a midget so that's a plus. Toliver does everything Parrish did for me. Lets see if that TE I drafted in the 4th pays off.

Edit: The guy I wanted to reach for in the first, Purcell, was the ultimate Parrish replacement. Can't run a route, but has good/great speed/agility/catch/catch in traffic. I needed to shore up the OL, but I was really thinking about taking him.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Does anyone have a low rated safety (70-75) for trade? doesnt matter if its a FS or SS

CB3

haha Sean Jones. I dont even remember who i traded him to or how you got him.

Do either of you need a DT? Ill Trade Mike Patterson (73) for whatever safety

LiveWire

Mike Sellers (87 OVR) is on the trading block.

70 SPD (Speed)
78 STR (Strength)
70 AGI (Agility)
69 ACC (Acceleration)
89 AWR (Awareness)
86 TRK (Trucking)

CB3

LukeSmith said:

jr5if4.jpg

LukeSmith

Anyway, for MJD:

What I'm looking for:
Draft Picks, Running Back (a type of running back, doesn't need to be an Elite guy), Wide Receiver, Corner

LiveWire said:
Also, any other trade offers for other players/picks will be seriously considered.

I would ask for Orakpo but I know you'd want a first rounder for that and I don't have it anymore. But if you have any thoughts let me know

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
I would ask for Orakpo but I know you'd want a first rounder for that and I don't have it anymore. But if you have any thoughts let me know

You already got rid of your 1st? What trade was this?

TheCrow

If anyone is still looking for a WR I'd be willing to trade Eddie Royal(90) but I would like a WR and maybe a pick in return. Just send me a PM or IM(GAFTheCrow) if you're interested.

Fifty

I know we didn't allow Brady being traded to happen in previous seasons, but I'd be OK with this trade happening, as long as the Pats stand Pat after making it. It's season 3, and he did draft a QB he really likes to replace Brady. The Vikings need a QB, and neither team would be too overpowered after this. I'd be OK with 73 rated (66 throw ACC) Tibrow throwing to Bellows.

Striker

notsureifserious.jpg

Minnesota with Brady at QB, Peterson at RB, Vince Jackson and Percy Harvin at WR, Daniel Graham at TE, and a pretty damn good OL.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Minnesota with Brady at QB, Peterson at RB, Vince Jackson and Percy Harvin at WR, Daniel Graham at TE, and a pretty damn good OL.
True but look at my situation. I had Moss and White at WR, the unproven Tank at RB, decent TE in Quinn and a decent OL..i made me force throws to appease the WR situation. Meaning i threw more than i needed to due to Tank being so great.

So i noticed that right away and just ran the ball and passed to set up the pass. In the past id pass to set up the run. So now with Brady at the helm would that make Daw force throws and pass more than need be cause of AP? Or would the normal throws he makes with JRuss be that much better cause it's Brady throwing them? Who knows, but AP needs 20 carries a game. No matter what.

DCX

Top Bottom