• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

LiveWire

At this point, we might as well let any player be traded if the owner is willing, even if the deal is ridiculously one-sided. Madden GAF needs a Herschel Walker trade anyway. :lol

That said I highly doubt Luke would trade Peyton for at least another 2 or 3 seasons, and really the only thing these trade rules were meant to stop is the ridiculously high rated QBs from leaving New England and Indianapolis. It's not like anyone would complain about a 96 rated Left Tackle + a 1st round pick for a 95 rated HB and a 3rd round pick.

And also consider that in the real NFL, Brady would be in his 13th or 14th season (Peyton in his 14th or 15th?). Still plenty good enough to make a championship run, but realistically both teams would have already drafted replacement QBs (Tebow will hit mid 80s next season, which is easily starting QB material) or be looking at a trade or deal to get picks to get the next QB.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
I know we didn't allow Brady being traded to happen in previous seasons, but I'd be OK with this trade happening, as long as the Pats stand Pat after making it. It's season 3, and he did draft a QB he really likes to replace Brady. The Vikings need a QB, and neither team would be too overpowered after this. I'd be OK with 73 rated (66 throw ACC) Tibrow throwing to Bellows.

All that, plus I'm in the middle of TANK year, and I plan on drafting Petrol Ryobi as my QB of the Future, with my #1 pick.

I doubt Tribow will hit mid 80's. He might only reach "meh" accuracy levels. Though, don't underestimate his 84 Deep Ball ACC.

Maybe a long anticipated victory over LJ tonight will cure me of my funk.

Which means it won't happen.

BigAT

Are you allowed to be in a tank year when you might be in first place in your division by the end of the night?

Striker

DCX said:
True but look at my situation. I had Moss and White at WR, the unproven Tank at RB, decent TE in Quinn and a decent OL..i made me force throws to appease the WR situation. Meaning i threw more than i needed to due to Tank being so great.

So i noticed that right away and just ran the ball and passed to set up the pass. In the past id pass to set up the run. So now with Brady at the helm would that make Daw force throws and pass more than need be cause of AP? Or would the normal throws he makes with JRuss be that much better cause it's Brady throwing them? Who knows, but AP needs 20 carries a game. No matter what.

DCX
It comes down to playcalling.

Peterson's carries from Week's 1-5:

W1 7
W2 28
W3 10
W4 14
W5 9

DCX

DCX
Striker said:

W1 7
W2 28
W3 10
W4 14
W5 9
W1 25
W2 28
W3 20
W4 19
W5 24

That's what it should look like.

DCX

LiveWire

If I had AP I would run 3 downs everytime until I got stopped two drives in a row.

From then on I would run twice and pass to AP in the flats on 3rd down

Striker

DCX said:
W1 25
W2 28
W3 20
W4 19
W5 24

That's what it should look like.

DCX
Oh, I agree, was just sayin'!

Comparison... my starter James Davis, who even splits carries:

W1 11
W2 11
W3 13
W4 17
W5 13

LiveWire

Portis:

W1 25 Win
W2 29 Win
W3 10 Loss
W4 9 Loss
W5 20 Win

Of course I'm sure that if give him 20 carries a game at some point I'll still lose, but it's an interesting correlation nonetheless.

daw840

Striker said:

W1 7 I got behind early, abandoned the run like an idiot
W2 28 I stuck to my guns and just kept pounding, barely won this game
W3 10 I believe AP got hurt for part of this game, then I was down
W4 14 Don't really remember
W5 9 AP was hurt for half the game

I don't really think its all that lopsided of a trade, I'm giving up quite a bit to get one of the top 3 qb's in the league. I should definitely run more, but I get frustrated and behind and start getting desperate. I know I need to work on that. :(

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
I don't really think its all that lopsided of a trade, I'm giving up quite a bit to get one of the top 3 qb's in the league. I should definitely run more, but I get frustrated and behind and start getting desperate. I know I need to work on that. :(
Nah dude, even in losing it could still get you scores. I mean people would assume you would pass and play a zone, a huge run by AP and all of a sudden they play man and you can burn them with AP again or Harvin deep etc. Stay within your gameplan.

DCX

pending trade that i need approval on from my co-commishes:

Broncos get:

Josh Morgan (WR) - 87 rating, 26 years old (i think!)
4th round pick

49ers get:

Eddie Royal (WR) - 90 rating, 26 years old (i think!)

approve or deny so i can get this done.... or move on with my life!

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
Hell no. After I got denied Moss no way I want brady in the division. That's bs to the highest degree.

Maybe I should Package Brady, Slaton, Welker, and Bellows for AP, just to screw Bob over :lol

On that Royal Deal, not sure if a 4th Rounder is enough. Maybe a 3rd Rounder instead.

LukeSmith

Lonestar mortgaging his team is going to make it even harder to find a replacement when he quits after this season.

Denied.

Fifty

:lol :lol

Don't forget the 10 in-depth google charts he'll create just before he quits from being mysteriously 'burned out'

Striker

daw840 said:
I think you get the better deal, assuming Brady stays in the league for multiple seasons. Top QB's are harder to get than top OG's. The draft choice really depends where you fall in the final standings.

daw840

Lonestar said:
Maybe I should Package Brady, Slaton, Welker, and Bellows for AP, just to screw Bob over :lol

On that Royal Deal, not sure if a 4th Rounder is enough. Maybe a 3rd Rounder instead.

Add your first round pick and its a deal!

Lonestar

Fifty said:
:lol :lol

Don't forget the 10 in-depth google charts he'll create just before he quits from being mysteriously 'burned out'

I'm blocking you from DA CHARTS.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pending trade that i need approval on from my co-commishes:

approve or deny so i can get this done.... or move on with my life!

JOSH MORGAN?!? Jeez Crow, really? REALLY? *shakes head*

LiveWire said:

you were offering old ass santana moss? why would he get rid of royal for that? they're basically the same type of receiver but royal is a lot younger!

morgan is a legitimate #1 wr, but he's not much different from crabcakes so he sometimes goes to waste on my team. need some speed on the otherside so it was a good opportunity!

plus J-mo is an A potential ;)

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you were offering old ass santana moss? why would he get rid of royal for that? they're basically the same type of receiver but royal is a lot younger!

morgan is a legitimate #1 wr, but he's not much different from crabcakes so he sometimes goes to waste on my team. need some speed on the otherside so it was a good opportunity!

plus J-mo is an A potential ;)

Whatever, my pick was higher and I offered another player and was willing to offer more had I been given a chance. Josh fucking Morgan, are you kidding me? :lol

TheCrow

LiveWire said:

I needed a receiver that can get off of press coverage since I already have enough speed at that position.

Edit: I wouldn't want anymore players. I like the rest of team and Morgan was the biggest factor in making the trade.

LiveWire said:
Whatever, my pick was higher and I offered another player and was willing to offer more had I been given a chance. Josh fucking Morgan, are you kidding me? :lol

lol do you even know who josh morgan is, or are you assuming you're trading the 2004 santana moss?

morgan is a legit receiver in the game and i've had double digit TD's with him in both of the seasons. he has ok speed but is a much tough receiver than old man moss.

you should have offered a 1st and not given him the opportunity to consider my offer!

LiveWire

Meh, whatever. ;P Enjoy lots of this, Crow!

289fxwg.gif

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
exactly. you have no idea who he is :lol
mmmmm

I know who he is dumbass, I had to suffer through a season of him on the Redskins. I'm just showing an example to Crow of the ineptness of the Niners franchise. :D

Fifty

If anyone has a CB for trade that is at least 76, let me know. I'd be offering a draft pick most likely. If they're good, a 2nd or even a 1st if they're elite..if they're at the low end of that spectrum, just a 3rd.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Justin Tuck will be on the table for a 90+ WR come the off-season.

Insta-pressure for anyone that uses the DL.

If Search wasn't broken I'd find all of the "DL is broken unless you play it" posts you've made! :D

Fifty

You'll set the price too high (or end up having to trade with DCX) and then complain when your roster isn't good enough. I love a good Redskins offseason.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay my friends!

On the trading block (The players are all pre-progession and will improve in a few weeks!):

Michael Johnson - Safety - 81 OVR, 28 years old
Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - 79 OVR, 26 years old
Chris Gocong - OLB - 74 OVR, 29 years old
2nd - 7th round picks.

Looking for WRs, OL, or LB

Should be a really easy off-season for me, not too many needs.

Lonestar

Trading block as of now

My draft picks from rounds 3-7
Justin Fargas HB 33 years old 78 rating* as of now
Larry Mata HB 24 or 25 (website error of 41 years old!) 75 rating* as of now
Kyle Orton QB 30 years old 75 rating* as of now
Terrence Wheatley CB 27 years old 74 rating* as of now
Leigh Bodden CB 31 years old 71 rating* as of now

I'll probably have more, just depends on what the draft and progressions turn up. These are safe bets now at what I'm can give away.

Looking for DE, Safeties, OL, draft picks. Combo deals can be looked at.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
does this mean you're coming back for season 4 lonestar? :D

Yeah, thinking so, though I reserve the right to retire sometime further into the season, based on continued lack of interest in playing, or just not enough time with more and more things going on.

Top Bottom