• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Have you guys ever been in a fantasy league in which the commissioner makes questionable trades and has a buddy of his syphon off his top tier players for marginal talent...?

:lol

Fifty

Lonestar said:
How long has Fifty had Bolden????

Boldin.

One game. I'm 0-1 with him. I miss Suggs already! Good thing I have a bye week upcoming (really feels like two bye weeks, since I played literally as soon as the last week advanced!) in which to familiarize Boldin with the two passing plays in my offense.

You people should have bit on LJ sooner. And yes, Wellie, I said you people. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I had made it known for a couple of weeks I was looking to trade LJ for another HB. No one offered me another HB except for Fifty and DCX, which was an even worse offer.

I tried to get Slaton or Moats, but BigJohnson wanted no part of LJ it seems.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I had only just noticed, as I was comparing Receiving cores that we all had, since Bowe seemed to be on the market. A few teams have the 2 dynamic WR's, but almost all of those have a sharp drop off to #3. Looking at Houston, I hope you are mainly going with 2 WR routes and have more TE's or RB's on the field, as it suits your personnel more.

I am not interested in Bowe. Still just CB's that I'm looking for. Having 4 WR's rated 80+ isn't too bad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't really care because I'd beat you guys either way, but in the interest of fairness to the rest of the league I can't condone these actions. Fifty is just taking advantage of the fact that there is no real salary cap and is trading away backups for starters to his buddy.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I have Marshall, Maclin, and my #1 Draft Pick :)

He had a great game against the packers but not so much against CK. I tried hitting him on a slant in the endzone and it bounced right off his head. Bastard

Fifty is just taking advantage of the fact that there is no real salary cap and is trading away backups for starters to his buddy.

2a5f5uo.gif

Lonestar

I was actually contemplating giving you Maroney to just drop LJ to the FA market, on the grounds NO ONE can pick him up ever again.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I don't really care because I'd beat you guys either way, but in the interest of fairness to the rest of the league I can't condone these actions.

Honestly who can't beat my team? :lol

Get someone to trade me a HB of equal value.

Matrix

Also some of you need to try playing with LJ cause he's not as good as that 88 rating since the patch, which I'm sure is why no one was willing to trade with me. The douche cost me the game against the 9ers.

I don't really understand how Moss was able to go to Houston. If I was still using the Texans would you have ever made that trade with me Lonestar?

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Also some of you need to try playing with LJ cause he's not as good as that 88 rating since the patch, which I'm sure is why no one was willing to trade with me. The douche cost me the game against the 9ers.

I don't really understand how Moss was able to go to Houston. If I was still using the Texans would you have ever made that trade with me Lonestar?

Not sure you were around when it started, but I half threw out that I would trade him, but that the cost would be have to be fairly high. At that point, we could see the available players in the draft. BigJonsson kind of brought up the thought of having both AJ and Moss on the team. I saw that, then looked at his team for what he might give up, most importantly, the #2 pick.

So, unless someone had a Younger version of Moss already, or high enough draft pick to secure a viable WR talent (Bellows), no, I would not have traded him yet. If there happen to not be any good WR talent in the draft, I'd also probably wouldn't have traded him yet.

But, I also wouldn't give up "Mr. Press B button to Win" just for a replacement player. I wanted to get a little bit more, and being able to keep my own 1st rounder, as well as get at least the other teams #2 round pick, was key. So, some bartering, involving Walter for an Aging Chris McAlister got in there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I had made it known for a couple of weeks I was looking to trade LJ for another HB. No one offered me another HB except for Fifty and DCX, which was an even worse offer.

I tried to get Slaton or Moats, but BigJohnson wanted no part of LJ it seems.
It's fine, I mean you don't have to justify things it's okay. LJ was on the block for a while, I agree as I see your post from 11/2 on this thread.

Last mention you made about him on the block was here:

Matrix on 11/6 said:
Fifty and Striker, after much thought and looking over my HB's I'm going to try a couple more games with LJ and give him some carries since Charles blew at the goal line.

If LJ sucks again or fumbles in the red zone twice again....I'll get back to you both very quickly.

I still think Bigjohnsson should give me Slaton for him, I need a Texans player on my team. :(

Btw does anyone want to play a scrimmage? I need to practice holding onto the ball with LJ.

Then all of a sudden earlier today:

Matrix said:
Fifty LJ for
6359.jpg

LETS DO THIS!

Or BigJohnson I will give you LJ for Moats!

And the deal is done within minutes.

I don't even play in your divisions, let alone conference, so I'll see you guys once every four seasons anyway, no biggie for me.

Fifty

:lol @ Wellie's paranoia. Dude, I actually PMed Striker, telling him that he should trade for LJ, because he could use an elite back. Yeah, Matrix is a friend, but I wanted him to get the best deal possible. When I saw that no one was biting and that he would take Willis, I said sure. The timing of the posts is irrelevant.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
:lol @ Wellie's paranoia. Dude, I actually PMed Striker, telling him that he should trade for LJ, because he could use an elite back. Yeah, Matrix is a friend, but I wanted him to get the best deal possible. When I saw that no one was biting and that he would take Willis, I said sure. The timing of the posts is irrelevant.
Paranoid about what? Chances of you and I matching up in the SB are slim. I really don't mind dropping one to you two seasons from now.

Say what you will about me to try and divert attention from the real issue - I am just pointing out the need for a cap system that EA unfortunately excluded. Ravens would never be able to pay all of their homegrown guys + Boldin + LJ + AT - Suggs.

As another example so you don't think I am picking on you, many of the Charger players are going to become FAs at the end of the 09 season. No way they could pay their guys + Turner + Braylon Edwards - LDT.

Matrix

Yea Striker and I had some Pm's back and forth, but he was happy with his young backs. Fifty was actually trying to help me trade him to another team even though he thought I was stupid for wanting to get rid of him.

He knew I wanted to get rid of him cause I was posting about it in the threads and he happens to read what I write :lol

I told Fifty a week ago that I knew LJ would be let go by the Chiefs in real life and that I would be quick to get rid of him. Fifty was the only person to offer me a HB and him offering the future draft pick sealed the deal.

I always notice that BigJohnson doesn't use Slaton much in his games so I figured he could use a power back or just a different type of running back that he might find some success with, which was why I kept trying to get him to trade me, but he just ignores all my posts :lol

If I had never gotten sick I wouldn't even be in this position..... I miss my Texans the more I play Madden :(

Btw the whole Turner trade should have never happened..... FMT IS EVIL

Matrix

BigJonsson said:
I don't want LJ though, ever

See that's all you had to post :lol

I wasn't just going to cut LJ and not get anything in return. My team is shitty enough.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Paranoid about what? Chances of you and I matching up in the SB are slim. I really don't mind dropping one to you two seasons from now.

Say what you will about me to try and divert attention from the real issue - I am just pointing out the need for a cap system that EA unfortunately excluded. Ravens would never be able to pay all of their homegrown guys + Boldin + LJ + AT - Suggs.

As another example so you don't think I am picking on you, many of the Charger players are going to become FAs at the end of the 09 season. No way they could pay their guys + Turner + Braylon Edwards - LDT.

Let's just pretend the CBA was not renewed and the players dissolved the union. 2010 uncapped season baby! :lol

daw840

LiveWire said:
Let's just pretend the CBA was not renewed and the players dissolved the union. 2010 uncapped season baby! :lol

Then the NFL would turn into the MLB! World Series = Who Can Beat The Yankees!!!

Fifty

Well he was a a non factor precisely because of the player that you would have given (and overpaid) for him. I went into the game not even attempting to throw to him, as Nmadi would have just led to INTs. Anyway, that game wasn't a true test of the trade. You'd beat me if I had a pro bowl team out there.

Matrix

haha Dm now offers me a Derrick Ward 85 rated hb, another player and a draft pick for Bowe :lol

I feel like crying.

Why couldn't you have given me Ward for LJ.... huh DM!?

DMczaf

Matrix said:
haha Dm now offers me a Derrick Ward 85 rated hb, another player and a draft pick for Bowe :lol

I feel like crying.

Why couldn't you have given me Ward for LJ.... huh DM!?

I didn't want LJ! He's a cancer, a racist, a homophobe, and uses Twitter!

Let's do this, Matrix. We'll work out the details overnight. I'll turn on the coffee maker!

Matrix

p1_bowe.jpg

" What.... I'm going to Baltimore!?"

DMczaf

Matrix, don't do this. You don't burn bridges like this. We have history, you don't mess with history.

We are making this happen.

Matrix

DMczaf

It's a fair deal, Matrix! You know this, I know this! If you decline it, then I will jump back on the Rockets bandwagon on Nov 18th!

Matrix

Not if I hire someone Tonya Harding style to take out T-macs other knee! and with that DM finally stays away from the Rockets for good.

Look what Rors has started, I was never even offering Bowe for trade this early :lol It was all depending on how the rest of my season goes. Ive only played 3 games.

Fifty

Matrix doesn't need an extra RB, it's too late! The only option is for LJ to go with Bowe to TB and for Matrix to offer me a compensatory draft pick, in return for him backing out of the deal! :lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Look what Rors has started, I was never even offering Bowe for trade this early :lol It was all depending on how the rest of my season goes. Ive only played 3 games.
Yeah, I should keep my mouth shut!

First round, second round, Kelly, and Higgins.

DMczaf

Bowe wants to be in Tampa. He needs to be in Tampa.

If I don't get this deal done, Freeman said he would hurt my family :(

Matrix

Bowe would have gone to Oakland, but Rors made a mistake...
nfl_g_russel_bowe_600.jpg

Rorschach

I'm willing to relinquish my first and second for a badass WR or RT.

Btw- Everyone needs to remember the trade deadline is week 6.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
I'm willing to relinquish my first and second for a badass WR or RT.

Btw- Everyone needs to remember the trade deadline is week 6.

First AND second? I've got a few RTs I could part with... :D

Fifty

I don't think Rors would be stupid enough to trade his 1st and 2nd for Kareem Mckenzie, but hey, continue with the proud tradition of the Redskins overvaluing their players!

LiveWire

Fifty said:
I don't think Rors would be stupid enough to trade his 1st and 2nd for Kareem Mckenzie, but hey, continue with the proud tradition of the Redskins overvaluing their players!

Considering he's the 6th highest ranked RT in the league, and looking at the other RTs and their importance to their teams, I have the best RT that's available for trade. But clearly, I'm overvaluing my players.

Top Bottom