• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[3DS] Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Legacy |OT| Better than Ace Combat Assault Horizon

I finally found the level gauge HUD element about a minute ago. It's only available in HUD view. Lame!

I found using that absolutely necessary on the first level in the game that you fight at high altitude on -- there was that much cloud I kept losing track of my orientation

Veal

This game is constantly surprising me in its production values. It doesn't feel like a handheld bred title, yet it flows like one! It's amazing really. Did the game sell well enough to warrant another Ace game on 3DS? It'd be a shame to have such a good jumpoff with nothing to follow it.

sfried

Speaking about the soundtrack, this page has some interesting behind the scenes for the recording sessions.
This game is constantly surprising me in its production values. It doesn't feel like a handheld bred title, yet it flows like one! It's amazing really. Did the game sell well enough to warrant another Ace game on 3DS? It'd be a shame to have such a good jumpoff with nothing to follow it.
They should use it as an opportunity to remake Ace Combat 3.

Luigiv

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say no, absolutely not.

The game opened at only around 11k for it's first week and then dropped off the charts completely in Japan. Given that this thread is only 5 pages long, I can't imagine it did particularly well in The West either.

A terrible shame. I'd love to see the team do more on the platform.

Edit: Yep, I think the numbers speak for themselves.

jokkir

How does this game compare to DS Air for the DS (Or whatever that Jet game by Nintendo is called)? I loved that game and wanting another game like it

Luigiv

How does this game compare to DS Air for the DS (Or whatever that Jet game by Nintendo is called)? I loved that game and wanting another game like it

Hmm, never played DS Air but going by this trailer, I would say that Ace Combat is very similar to that. So yeah buy the game, I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I just found out the hard way that this game doesn't support the Circle Pad Pro in its PAL version.... DAMNIT!!!!

I kinda bought this game mainly because I heard it was compatible with the Frankenstick, and the same could be said for the Frankenstick as well, so... DAMNIT AGAIN!!!

I just finished the other day Ace Combat X2 on the PSP (loved it!) and there is NO WAY I'm playing through another Ace Combat without a left stick anytime soon!

They should use it as an opportunity to remake Ace Combat 3.

That would be simply wonderful! The game was horribly butchered in its western release.... I only discovered about it recently...

I just finished the other day Ace Combat X2 on the PSP (loved it!) and there is NO WAY I'm playing through another Ace Combat without a left stick anytime soon!

It doesn't really need it. Controls way better than the PSP games due to a few control tweaks, the new maneuver system, and using an analog pad that's non-insane.

Valkyr47

Banned
no free fly mode and no taking off/landing/refueling?

lol no thanks

just more arcadey garbage like Star Fox

we need a legit flight sim on 3ds

So I recently picked up Assault Horizon Legacy Plus, and I'm really enjoying this so far. Reminds me of a time when almost all third parties invested heavily in 3DS, as this has high production values and a lot of polish and thought in its design.

What's interesting is how much the New 3DS controls fit the game, as being able to use ZL and ZR simultaneously alongside L and R to control your aircraft's yaw makes the classic controls feel completely natural, and the C-Stick camera controls are liberating, especially when you've got it set to cockpit mode.

So I can see why Namco chose to reissue this instead of Ridge Racer 3D. Though it's a shame the N3DS's extra CPU cores and clock aren't utilised here - slowdown occurs in the same places as the original release.

Top Bottom