• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

I played a lot of SMT IV, but I finally started to burn out after 50ish hours so I took the
nothing ending
and moved on.

Currently playing Dillon's Rolling Western which is mediocre. I have TLOZ:ALBW but I think I'll save that for March.

Owzers

Luigi's Mansion 2, it borders between great to iffy. It is tiresome how the levels feel like recycled chopped up mini-levels. Instead of save points and one continuous exploration it's just back and forth.

maxcriden

Kind of using my 3DS to play DS classics I never go the chance to play like Kirby Mass Attack, 999 and Bangaio.

The 3DS library really, really peaked for me at SM3DL.

Awesome, how are you enjoying Mass Attack? I love that game, it's one of my favorites on DS and really under-appreciated.

Majestad

Banned
My Vita. I've had enough of the flimsy hinge, poor analog stick, and washed out display of the 3DS XL.

I hope to rekindle my relationship with it in the future, as I have yet to beat all the Shin Megami Tensei's I stupidly started at the same time. I recall being surprisingly disappointed by Pokemon X and Animal Crossing, though I'm still trying to decipher why.

Nobody asked you if you are playing a "Vita". Read the title dawg.

Heimbeck

Banned
Legend of Zelda, and I started playing Pokemon but eh
And I still play animal crossing from time to time, best game to get for the 3DS for the amount of time you can play it for.

Fucking Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and I hate it sooo much.

I bought it back it was released, but it got too hard after world 2 so I stopped playing it. Now I'm giving it another go because all the DKCTF previews got me in the mood.

I'm half way through world 7 now. I'm getting better but it's still a struggle, especially the rocket barrel levels, FUCK those levels. It's so stupidly hard considering it's target audience.

Though it is a pretty fantastic game to be fair. Can't wait to play tropical freeze.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Picross 3E

I have Animal Crossing but, to be completely honest, I got bored of the grind one month in. Game is great, but jesus christ.

I really want to play Mario 3D Land, but my Digital Purchases Only on 3DS (and everything else to be honest) prevents me from buying it. I know you can find the game for 18 bucks pretty much anywhere, but I don't live in the US and overseas shipping would be another 18 bucks, which would make the game cost as much as in the eshop. However, I don't want to reward high prices and I still have more games to play.

Azuran

Banned
I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Fire Emblem: Awakening with Zelda:ALBW, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Super Mario 3D Land next in my queue.

My 3DS is getting plenty of love from yours truly at the moment.

BraXzy

I don't know why but I've barely touched my 3DS recently. I'm technically in the process of finishing Pokemon Y.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is next on my list.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finished Zelda ALBW and have been playing EO1 Milennium Girl through story mode. About 2/3rds through, good game but EO4 is better.

Will either jump into SMTIV or Bravely Default next.

AEREC

Currently working on:

RE: Revelations
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lugi's Mansion Dark Moon
LoZ: OoT
SMTIV

Wish I could just focus on one game at a time.

I'm playing the VC release of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I really want Puyo Puyo x Tetris and this is helping and hurting and equal measure. Trying to find the DS Puyo Pop Fever but that is apparently in pretty short supply.

I hope the English version of Sayonara Umihara Kawaske makes it out in January like the say it will and looking forward to Bravely Default like everyone else.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just randomly picked up SFIV off the eShop and have been playing that a ton especially with some other GAFers that I hangout with in a Google Hangout.

We're all waiting for Bravely Default.

Zerojul

N9yY3Nw.jpg

Not as terrible as I had heard, pretty enjoyable, even. And an awesome OST.

big_erk

Just finished SMT4, then blazed through Dragon Quest 4 and am starting DQ5 (Both DQ's are DS games)

The DS DQ remakes were great. IV, V & VI ate a lot of my time. IX was awesome as well, I spent over 100 hours in that one. Back on topic, need to finish ALBW.

Fjordson

Finished Fire Emblem Awakening two weeks ago. Incredible game.

Now playing through Chrono Trigger DS. Also incredible. Still holds up.

toa95

Jumping back and forth between all my unfinished games, I hardly ever get around to finishing games but I am determined to finish up all the games in my 3DS collection.

Games I still need to finish:
Mario 3D Land (On the third special world now)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (Great game, other games took me away from it though)
Link Between Worlds (First real shot at finishing a Zelda game)
Pokemon X (Became Champion but still need to do end game stuff)
Dream Team (So many tutorials...)
Kid Icarus Uprising (Controls are so hard to go back to after a while)
2nd Playthrough of Fire Emblem Awakening (My favorite 3DS game so far)
Animal Crossing (I might restart my town since I haven't played in a while)
Others that I won't be touching for a while... (SMT4, OoT3D)

All that and then the games coming out this year... I have to many games and not enough time to play them all, but I guess that's not a bad problem to have.

Grizzo

Lately I've been spending some time on StarFox 64 3D.

starfox1.jpg

Still as good as it was many years ago. And I'm still checking up on my Animal Crossing town on a day-to-day basis.

There are so many games I want to play on 3DS that I don't even know what to get first. My choice is between Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

(I've already ruled out Paper Mario: Stick Star due to its bad reviews, unfortunately)

Yasumi

Banned
No need to get defensive dawg.

I've been playing some SMT IV, working through the neutral path, and playing Senran Kagura Burst for the first time. It's not great gameplay-wise, but I'm enjoying the story quite a lot. Can't wait for Shinovi Versus to be localized so I don't have to hover around my kanji dictionary.

Kyonashi

Well the only difference is, we don't even know if we're ever gonna get this :(

After the cancellation of Rune Factory 4, I don't get my hopes up about anything.

I'd like to think because of Neverland's status, it's a whole different issue. We did get to see a snippet of SMTIV in one of the EU Nintendo Directs a while back, so there's that.

I'm of the belief that they didn't want to crowd Bravely Default's release with it, and before that the european translations weren't done. I think we could see it in April/May.

SMT IV, but I'm starting to burn out on it. Switched to Persona 4 Golden and I believe it's a better game (however, I prefer the combat and fusing a little bit more in SMT IV)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I have Fire Emblem still unwrapped, saving it for a rainy day :)

I am super excited for Bravely Default though, that is a must buy for me.

Gazoinks

Working my way through SMTIV right now, although I'm thinking about dipping back into Soul Hackers for a while. I'm trying to clean up my 3DS backlog so I can justify some game purchases later on, but I have so many long games. :p

Fucking Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and I hate it sooo much.

I bought it back it was released, but it got too hard after world 2 so I stopped playing it. Now I'm giving it another go because all the DKCTF previews got me in the mood.

I'm half way through world 7 now. I'm getting better but it's still a struggle, especially the rocket barrel levels, FUCK those levels. It's so stupidly hard considering it's target audience.

Though it is a pretty fantastic game to be fair. Can't wait to play tropical freeze.

Good thing about this game is that it's not cheap. Some levels are hard the bonus levels are crazy but it's not cheating you.

Developers nailed the difficulty perfectly.

I clocked it gaining all the letters on every level.

Some bonus levels I just can't do though.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I played a lot of SMT IV, but I finally started to burn out after 50ish hours so I took the
nothing ending
and moved on.

Currently playing Dillon's Rolling Western which is mediocre. I have TLOZ:ALBW but I think I'll save that for March.
My god, you stole the words from me.

I would accept an ending of an HD video of my own conception and death if it meant I could just move on!

SmokyDave

Dude answered your title perfectly. I would've been more succinct though:

'My Vita'.

(On 3DS, I was last playing Luigi's Mansion 2, put I put it down and can't be arsed to pick it back up).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rune Factory IV.

My first experience with the series and it is amazing.

Just NSMB2 and Dark Mansion. It's the only two games I have! I bought the 3DSXL specifically for my UK trip, and the only game I wanted was Fire Emblem. I can't find a new or used copy of this in the Ottawa area to save my life! East end, West end, doesn't matter... web sites say it is in stock, but it's not at the store. The flight leaves tonight so I'm out of time to find it... and thanks to Nintendos region locking, I can't even buy a copy in the UK to play for the flight back! I believe I can buy it on the eShop, but I really prefer to have the physical version, so I guess Mario will have to do.

Just finished through Steamworld Dig (really cool indie game) and I downloaded Gunman Clive so I'll be on that soon-ish.

But I'm back in the Animal Crossing swing, and I'm also playing Pokemon X again. I've been playing lots of intense games so I kinda want to relax a little atm.

Dambrosi

Banned
Super Mario 3D Land (awesome) and some acorn-collecting game I got for a quid that's surprisingly good.

Next on my list is either Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus, whichever I can find the cheapest.

Top Bottom