• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished A Link between Worlds and now back to Pokemon Y. Just got the fourth gym badge.

Kimppis

Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Picross 3E

I have Animal Crossing but, to be completely honest, I got bored of the grind one month in. Game is great, but jesus christ.

I really want to play Mario 3D Land, but my Digital Purchases Only on 3DS (and everything else to be honest) prevents me from buying it. I know you can find the game for 18 bucks pretty much anywhere, but I don't live in the US and overseas shipping would be another 18 bucks, which would make the game cost as much as in the eshop. However, I don't want to reward high prices and I still have more games to play.

Where do you live? Shipping shouldn't be more than 4-5 €/$ at most.

SmokyDave

Luigi's Mansion 2 and I like it, but I can't look past its massive flaws...which are...I'll just quote an earlier post:

So yeah. It is easily the worst 3DS game I've ever played, but that doesn't mean much considering I'm new to the 3ds and only bought some of the well established good games (Awakening, Zelda, PW:DD, Kid Icarus, MH3 et cetera.)
I think you nailed my issues with LM2. I absolutely adored the original, but I can take or leave the sequel. They definitely changed the structure for the worse.

RE:Revelations, Mario Kart 7, OoT 3D, Phoenix Wright (First one), and occasionally Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars.

Got my 3DS over xmas... love it

Platy

A mix of the post game sidequests of Pokemon X, the last dungeuns of LBW and starting Revelaitons.

Also, LOTS of streetpassing games since I own all the plaza games

Ultratech

Still playing through SMT IV.

Almost to the end though.

Then I might play through ALBW again on Hero mode.

Not sure what after that.

I'm busy replaying Chrono Trigger on DS, but I have to finish Ace Attorney 5 and Pokemon Y on my DS. I'll most likely buy Mario & Luigi Dream Team once I'll be done with these two games.

This thread couldn't be more timely: need something new to play until Bravely Default. But it seems I've played everything worth playing on 3DS. Maybe Castlevania, what's the consensus on it? What's the game length? The demo didn't do much for me.

maxcriden

Lately I've been spending some time on StarFox 64 3D.

starfox1.jpg

Still as good as it was many years ago. And I'm still checking up on my Animal Crossing town on a day-to-day basis.

There are so many games I want to play on 3DS that I don't even know what to get first. My choice is between Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

(I've already ruled out Paper Mario: Stick Star due to its bad reviews, unfortunately)

I never got into Star Fox, I'd like to check it out though if you recommend it. I've played SFA for GCN and always felt it was one of the worst Rare games and a pale imitation of a good Zelda.

(BTW, DKCR 3D is incredible, packed with content, and was my GOTY pick for last year. It's especially recommended if you did not play the original.)

This thread couldn't be more timely: need something new to play until Bravely Default. But it seems I've played everything worth playing on 3DS. Maybe Castlevania, what's the consensus on it? What's the game length? The demo didn't do much for me.

I haven't played Castlevania, but have you considered an eShop game like Steamworld Dig or Mutant Mudds?

Wensih

I haven't played it at all this month. My girlfriend kind of took it from me when I gifted her Rune Factory 4. I'll probably rescue it when Bravely Default comes out.

Majestad

Banned

Have you played Crimson Shroud? If not, that's a must!

Animal Crossing New Leaf (daily)
Q2FZuOG.png

Galaxy Force 2 3D
Ohxesgi.jpg

Castlevania: The Adventure (gameboy)
W9AfoDQ.gif

Recca (NES/Famicom)
ovkIsDV.png

3D Space Tank (Dsiware)
eYkf0Dr.jpg

Liberation Maiden
LhYnJXe.jpg

zychi

Banned
Working on Pokemon Y, debating on rebuying NSMB2 via eshop after I beat M&L and Pokemon Y. Need to get through ALBW on Hero mode. I'm trying to finish of my 3ds backlog before Diablo expansion and MLB The Show comes out.

Supposed to be getting sunk into Bravely Default, but Witch & Hero is way too addictive - it's not very varied but it has that "just one more go" quality about it. I would love to see it fleshed out more with variety in weapons, enemies, locations etc.

yft9f3jSHCCmDjlf4UVuwtnJvs_Y-asw.jpg

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I never got into Star Fox, I'd like to check it out though if you recommend it. I've played SFA for GCN and always felt it was one of the worst Rare games and a pale imitation of a good Zelda.

(BTW, DKCR 3D is incredible, packed with content, and was my GOTY pick for last year. It's especially recommended if you did not play the original.)

I haven't played Castlevania, but have you considered an eShop game like Steamworld Dig or Mutant Mudds?

Star fox, good mostly for it's ridiculous amounts of cheese that just sticks with you hence the many memes it formed. But granted I played it when I was younger so you make not find it as funny.

It's quite short but remember there's two paths which you can go through the game depend ending on your competence.

Ruze789

I've been working on ALBW, and mixing in some Star Fox 3d when I'm in the mood for some short mindless fun. I've got OoT waiting once I finish ALBW.

maxcriden

Good thing about this game is that it's not cheap. Some levels are hard the bonus levels are crazy but it's not cheating you.

Developers nailed the difficulty perfectly.

I clocked it gaining all the letters on every level.

Some bonus levels I just can't do though.

Yeah, it's an amazing game. Some of the bonus levels are obscenely difficult, and the game has even more and harder challenges in store thereafter.

Luigi's Mansion 2 and I like it, but I can't look past its massive flaws...which are...I'll just quote an earlier post:

So yeah. It is easily the worst 3DS game I've ever played, but that doesn't mean much considering I'm new to the 3ds and only bought some of the well established good games (Awakening, Zelda, PW:DD, Kid Icarus, MH3 et cetera.)

Personally I loved the game, but I do agree that having to

replay a mission to get a Boo you missed
instead of

being able to replay an entire Mansion in a free-roam mode to get any Boos you missed, does not make for a fun replay and resulted in me not bothering with finding all of the Boos.

Conezays

Gone back to SMT IV after putting it down at the end of last summer. I'm about 20 hours in with my Main Character at Level 41....how long did you guys take to beat it?
Just about to fight a monster Toryama wants killed in Club Milton

I think you nailed my issues with LM2. I absolutely adored the original, but I can take or leave the sequel. They definitely changed the structure for the worse.

I think the problems are overstated, personally. I think once you understand the mission structure you'd usually know which mission each missing gem is likely to be in. Same for the Boos too, because, well, you have an icon that let's you know. I thought it'd be a pain initially but I finished the game with almost every gem and boo without much of a fuss and I didn't think exploration took a back seat at all -- if anything there's arguably much more to find in the sequel. The first game also took you back to Professor E.Gadd after clearing an "Area" anyway which isn't too different from the structure here. It's just less visible.

Personally I loved the game, but I do agree that having to

replay a mission to get a Boo you missed
instead of

being able to replay an entire Mansion in a free-roam mode to get any Boos you missed, does not make for a fun replay and resulted in me not bothering with finding all of the Boos.
This I'd agree with. Though I guess they had to justify the mission structure and have something unique about them, afterall. It didn't bother me since I didn't have to play a guessing game. I knew which mission had the missing boo.

butman

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies.

Not very into it with the opening case and didn't like at first shot the new mood detector from Athena. I will keep on going...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My 3DS has been sitting in a drawer since Zelda. I think I'm gonna sell it soon. There's nothing on the horizon that interests me and I could use the money. I'll just buy another one if any must have games are released.

Plasmid

Animal Crossing when I can remember to do my daily fortune cookies and fruit selling.

Trying to finish Pokemon Y, currently at the Elite 4.

Luigis Mansion too, very fun game much like the original.

Yort

I just finished Mega Man 3 on the VC, and am now going through Crimson Shroud. After that I'm going to try to finish Fire Emblem and SMT IV, both of which I'm in the middle of. Might break up all the RPGs with trying to get the Expert medals in Star Fox.

maxcriden

This I'd agree with. Though I guess they had to justify the mission structure and have something unique about them, afterall. It didn't bother me since I didn't have to play a guessing game. I knew which mission had the missing boo.

I agree with you, and I did love the game. I think I just missed so many of the Boos (for shame) that it wasn't worth it to me at that time to re-play so much of the game. It also feels weird to me in a narrative-driven game like this to go back to specific points along the game timeline and replay them. But that's a much more minor issue.

gemoran4

Haven't played my 3DS much lately (been busy and my attention has been more towards the gaming PC i just built last month). But right now FE:Awakening, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokemon Y are the three games that i'm still playing through on it. Might revisit RE: Revelations and KI: Uprising and finish beating those games as well.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing. I started Luigi's Mansion 2 and Soul Hackers but they're both kinda meh.

Pingween

a lot, to be honest, since I'm traveling my Vita and 3DS have become my main consoles...
I have to finish Pokemon Y, Zelda ALBW and Ace Attorney.
I also downloaded the demo for Bravely Default, and should check my town isn't in fire in AC:NL.

I agree with you, and I did love the game. I think I just missed so many of the Boos (for shame) that it wasn't worth it to me at that time to re-play so much of the game. It also feels weird to me in a narrative-driven game like this to go back to specific points along the game timeline and replay them. But that's a much more minor issue.
Yeah, yeah...at least they let you skip all the pesky dialogue and cutscenes.

Star Fox 64 is great but the 3DS version is a hard sell these days because it's extremely short. You can finish it in one sitting. Though there are branching paths so you'd want to try for all of those which would essentially double or triple playtime, but even then...I guess it's much less of an issue if you haven't played the original, though.

maxcriden

Yeah, yeah...at least they let you skip all the pesky dialogue and cutscenes.

Very true. And, it is an amazing game. One day I'm sure I'll go back to it and even the original which I haven't played in a long time. (I still hum the theme music from the original all the time. Maaaariooooo....)

ito007

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

this game is fantastic. The gameplay is superb and there's a lot of attention to detail in this one. I dont know why but im fascinated by the effect that happens when luigi points the flashlight at you.

Soul Hackers, Project X Zone, and Mercenaries 3D are my main time wasters on my system at the moment, though I do have some virtual console games and a couple sega 3d games too. But yeah those three get the most time. Counting DS as well there's also Dawn of Sorrow.

Top Bottom