• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Finished A Link Between Worlds recently. I've been playing some of the classic game boy Zelda since to bide my time while I wait for Bravely Default.

Very true. And, it is an amazing game. One day I'm sure I'll go back to it and even the original which I haven't played in a long time. (I still hum the theme music from the original all the time. Maaaariooooo....)
It was the surprise software for me last year. I liked the original too, but it more like a novelty launch title that made the GC interesting for a while. I think the sequel blows it away personally. There's just much more to it here IMO. And speaking of music, the title screen music is sooooogooooood. I spent a long time listening to it before starting a session :p

Azriell

Still playing the Bravely Default demo. It's nice because usually I play demos for 10 minutes and then make a purchasing decision and turn the demo off, but since the Bravely Default demo unlocks stuff in the real game, and since apparently the demo stuff was made just for the demo and won't be in the real game, I'm playing through the full thing. My save file says I've been playing it for 13 hours, but I think I probably left it idling a few times for a few hours.

I'll be finished with that in a day or two, and then I'll either start playing Pokemon again (which sounds kinda boring to me right now), or maybe I'll pick up SMT IV or DKCR.

ssjali

Currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening and doing some stuff in my town in ACNL.

I have DK as a DL on my 3DS since months, Kid Icarus is in my shelf aswell since may and I just got Zelda ALBW. No idea what to start next. An untouched Pesona 4 is waiting on my vita too btw...

Still playing the Bravely Default demo. It's nice because usually I play demos for 10 minutes and then make a purchasing decision and turn the demo off, but since the Bravely Default demo unlocks stuff in the real game, and since apparently the demo stuff was made just for the demo and won't be in the real game, I'm playing through the full thing. My save file says I've been playing it for 13 hours, but I think I probably left it idling a few times for a few hours.

I'll be finished with that in a day or two, and then I'll either start playing Pokemon again (which sounds kinda boring to me right now), or maybe I'll pick up SMT IV or DKCR.

I still need to get into the Bravely Default demo but the damn 30 tries limit makes it very hard for me to actually play it since I tend to jump around games so often.

I think this system is my least played handheld. That second year was great with Mario 3D, Revelations and MK7 but I'm not seeing much I like recently. I'd prefer more action/adventure games rather than the jrpg-centric affair.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I think this system is my least played handheld. That second year was great with Mario 3D, Revelations and MK7 but I'm not seeing much I like recently. I'd prefer more action/adventure games rather than the jrpg-centric affair.
Zelda is action/adventure. Last year was the 3DS's best year by far.

Rizific

I've got a $55 best buy gift card and I'm really torn between...

OoT
Starfox
Monster Hunter
Pokemon Y
Kid icarus

Already have ALBW, awakening, and 3d land. Is OoT 60fps? Never played a monster Hunter game and haven't played a Pokemon since blue. Really leaning more towards those two.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member

OoT
Starfox
Monster Hunter
Pokemon Y
Kid icarus

Already have ALBW, awakening, and 3d land. Is OoT 60fps? Never played a monster Hunter game and haven't played a Pokemon since blue. Really leaning more towards those two.
OoT is a smooth 30fps. I'd recommend MH3U since it sounds like they'll continue to support that series in the west.

zigg

I was playing Ace Attorney 5, but I just finished it a bit ago.

Now I want to go back and replay all my other AA games…

Yeezus

Pokemon Y. I also picked up Dream Team and Dream Drop Distance for cheap after Christmas so I've started to slowly plug away at those too.

ffdgh

Pokemon X. Got bored with it last year late november but I can't put it down now.
KuGsj.gif

Regiruler

OoT
Starfox
Monster Hunter
Pokemon Y
Kid icarus

Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus.

Kid Icarus.

Far and away my game of all time, as well as the most original Nintendo game on the platform.
The multiplayer is also fairly good and there are still a decent number of people playing it, as well as occasional GAF matches.

Rocky

Banned
Currently playing Pokemon X and Y, and switching back and forth. Rounding out the Pokedex in both games before taking on the E4.

Actually playing Y this very minute lol. Fishing for a Crawdaunt on Route 3.

BasilZero

Pokemon X

7 badges out of 8

Team Flare Headquarters in Geosenge Town

Gonna play Bravely Default demo until my copy of the collector's edition comes :)

I've been lost in SMTIV for a long time so I quit. In the meantime I played and finished Link Between Worlds and Starfox 64 3D. Both fantastic.

Now I'm back into SMTIV. Got unlost. Still not sure if I love or dislike this game.

Rizific

OoT is a smooth 30fps. I'd recommend MH3U since it sounds like they'll continue to support that series in the west.
Just checked the stock of all the best buys around me and none have MH in stock. It's a sign... Did this go out of print or something?

Finished ALBW about a week ago (loved it!) and I figured I should continue on with Zelda and finally go back to OoT 3D. Only at the Forest Temple, so I have some time still

Majestad

Banned
So KI:U is really that good? 'cause I vaguely remember a fairly lukewarm reception on release.

Really? Tons of people here think is a GOAT caliber game.

And yes, it is that good. The best visuals, music, and gameplay depth of any 3DS game in my opinion. Top 3 portable game of all time.

gerudoman

Nothing specific at the moment aside from my daily routine in New Leaf. I'm going to trade my Mario & Luigi Dream Team for Pokémon X, but I'm not that interested in it to be honest. If it doesn't click in a few hours I'll trade it for Zelda ALBW.

Waveset

Picked up the 3DS for the first time in ages and have started New Super Mario Bros 2.

Feel guilty for neglecting it for so long.

Air

Banned
Luigi's mansion and I love it. I'll be buying bravely default next and maybe a link between worlds in march if I have time.

decaf

Finally decided to break out of the digital hovel I'd limited myself to and bought a few games that aren't available digitally: Theatrhythm, Puzzle Bobble and Dead or Alive.

Really enjoying Theatrhythm. Any must-have DLC tracks for it?

Anyone recommend Kingdom Hearts? I've only played KH and KH2 on PS2.

maxcriden

It was the surprise software for me last year. I liked the original too, but it more like a novelty launch title that made the GC interesting for a while. I think the sequel blows it away personally. There's just much more to it here IMO. And speaking of music, the title screen music is sooooogooooood. I spent a long time listening to it before starting a session :p

Oh yeah, I totally agree on all counts. I remember how disappointed I was that the original LM was so short when it was a GCN launch game. The new game has an amazing soundtrack, and the original's main theme is still just so iconic to me, too.

mothball

Nothing. Last game I played was Pokemon X for a week or two after release, but I got bored shortly after the fourth gym. Don't see anything worthwhile on the horizon, either. The Bravely Default demo interested me a little but there are too many other good games coming out in February that need my money first.

maxcriden

FWIW, all three of these games came out within a year of the 3DS's release.

Qblivion

Dark Souls.

There is a bunch of 3DS stuff I want to get back to though, mainly SMT4 and MH3. Just haven't been in the mood for handheld gaming lately.

Switching between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time 3D. I really want to finish OOT so my girlfriend can play it, but I want to finish ALTTP to get the story of A Link Between Worlds.

Too much Zelda. lol

Skelter

Banned

OoT
Starfox
Monster Hunter
Pokemon Y
Kid icarus

My suggestions based on how long they last.

Pokémon Y
Monster Hunter
Kid Icarus
Ocarina of Time
Starfox

Top Bottom