• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Stencil

Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing (I'm hooked), and the Mii Plaza games.

I put Fire Emblem down for a bit, I was getting bored, I hate to say. I'll come back to it... After LM probably.

Majestad

Banned
What is Senran Kagura about? I thought that game was some kind of joke, but a lot of people seem to be playing and enjoying it.

Owzers

Luigi's Mansion 2 still, i am getting fairly bored with the game at the end of the second mansion. It feels like a revolving door of fun, but definitely disappointing that the action is continually stopped and recycled by going back and forth into the same areas. There's no flow, it "feels" like a handheld game like they did to Valkyria Chronicles psp, everything is chopped up and the feeling of adventure is gone.

maxcriden

Luigi's Mansion 2 still, i am getting fairly bored with the game at the end of the second mansion. It feels like a revolving door of fun, but definitely disappointing that the action is continually stopped and recycled by going back and forth into the same areas. There's no flow, it "feels" like a handheld game like they did to Valkyria Chronicles psp, everything is chopped up and the feeling of adventure is gone.

It gets a lot better still, if you can get used to that choppy flow. There's some super-cool creative stuff coming up.

Bravely Default. I'm almost at the point where the dreaded filler starts and I'm
um...dreading it.

Replaying a bit of Kid Icarus Uprising on the side. Damn, I want a Wii U up-port
for that.

Always Animal Crossing and the Streetpass games. I never finished Pokemon X, but plan to get back to it eventually. Played the hell out of the BD Demo, and that's really what I'm waiting for next.

Kangi

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

I'm waiting for it to stop telling me that I use the circle pad to move. I think I've got that part down by now.

maxcriden

Steam World Dig. This game is fucking awesome.

There was a contest for this game not too long ago. It's over now, but if you want to give yourself an additional level of challenge once you beat it, you might want to check this out:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._enter_the_steamworld_dig_perfect_run_contest

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

I'm waiting for it to stop telling me that I use the circle pad to move. I think I've got that part down by now.

As you go on it's really not nearly as bad as some have said. I'm pretty far in at this point and there hasn't been much of any tutorializing in ages.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing Bravely Default, it's such a wonderful game!

Bravely Default...at Chapter 3, just bruteforced my way through the singer encounter (tough as shit if you don´t know the right way)
...and kinda lost my motivation (knowing the twist....and the semi "post game" stuff you have to do for the final ending)

Loved the 23 hours I spend with it though (No regrets about the LE)

decaf

basically these games

BcofNJRCQAANX97.jpg

Which Final Fantasy is the third game?

What is Senran Kagura about? I thought that game was some kind of joke, but a lot of people seem to be playing and enjoying it.
really fun brawler. its about two rival schools(hanzo the good girls fighting for the people and heijbo the bad girls fighting for the tge evil corporations and corrupt people) both striving to become full fledged ninja while trying to take out each other. the story can be played from either side and each character actually have decent backstories that help you understand them and set them apart.

boobs are just a plus not to mention there's alot of customization

I've been going back and forth between Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Just when AC starts to feel like sort of a chore, something new is introduced and I'm totally engrossed all over again. And Castlevania? Top 10 of all time for me. I can't put my finger on it but there's almost nothing more relaxing than sitting on the couch and grinding for souls.

cafemomo

Which Final Fantasy is the third game?

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light

It's a fantastic game, and imo, one of the best games SE has put on handhelds.

Bravely Default is the spiritual sequel to 4HoL.

If you are curious, you should try it out if you can get it for cheap. A little warning though, for some this game is a lot harder than your average FF title.

It kinda does get a bit unforgiving sometimes

mjc

Getting all the stars in Super Mario 3D Land then gonna move onto the Special Worlds. Then gonna work on my backlog of Fire Emblem: Awakening/SMTIV/Etrian Odyssey Untold.

Then Bravely Default next week!!

canocha

I was playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team... until i had to use the gyro for a Luigi battle
giant bird

The gyro stopped working 3 times in a row... and i stopped trying! That shit was frustrating!

Started Donkey Kong Returns 3D and Steam World Dig (awesome game btw!)

Deyleone

Just picked my 3ds up recently to continue down the neverending Moster Hunter 3 rabbit hole. Definitely looking forward to MH4 Ultimate next year. Also started Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (very fun and charming so far) and have Shin Megami Tensei IV on the way.

Xeno_V

Phoenix Wright DD which is getting better as I am moving on and also Animal Crossing NL (first AC game for me).

Regular Show. So far it's keeping with the licensed WayForward development tradition of completely falling apart after the first half an hour. Shit's a buggy mess with some awful level design and some of the worst hit detection I've seen in a game, ever.

But the music's amazing so I'm going to keep playing it. =3

Pushmo, every so often. I'm almost out of puzzles. I typically do 2 or 3 puzzles, then get stuck on the next, and put the system down. Then the next time i pick it up, that same puzzle becomes trivial.

Fire emlbem: I detoured from the story to create marriages and
meet/recruit all the kids.
I was at mission 21 before surrendering to completionism. When I'm done with this, I'll change games for a bit before coming back for a lunatic/no resetting run .

Hyunkel6

A Link Between Worlds.

I was a bit reticent at first, because I was never a fan of LTTP, but the game is indeed excellent. I started this weekend and have not stopped since.

Pokemon X - Been on this breeding kick since I've gotten a knack for it. It's actually kind good. Adds a layer of gameplay besides vanilla pokemon x/y. New found replay value.

Currently playing the "download waiting game" waiting for MH3U to finish downloading so I can't start playing it. I've been waiting for it to go on sale again and at $19.99 in the US eShop at the moment I figured I'd finally bite.

Having never played a MonHun game before I'm a bit nervous but I thought I'd just give it a go.

Senran Kagura Burst / Crimson Shroud

I'm going crazy waiting for Bravely Default, and Crimson Shroud scratched that turn-based itch. Except for getting stuck in Chapter 2 for 5 hours trying to get a necessary item to drop, it was a blast. I wish there were more bite sized turn-based RPGs on the 3DS eShop.

How is the fighting in Senran? It looks a little loose to me. I always compare beat-em ups to Streets of Rage 2 and the Power Rangers: Movie game for Game Gear (don't laugh, both the movie and game were awesome). If they're not as tight and "nice"-feeling as SoR2, it's hard for me to get into them, which is what happened with Code of Princess.

Matriox

Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millinium Girl and SMTIV currently on my 3ds.. After just finishing P4G I'm having a hard time playing these though because it doesn't show my characters in combat..

Rapture

Replaying through Kid Icarus: Uprising again, mostly due to all the hype floating around SmashGAF right now. Forgot how much i loved this game.

Also waiting for Bravely Default and resisting buying Fire Emblem Awakening, i want it because i hear its a good place to get into the series but i have enough to play right now.

jackal27

Banned
Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millinium Girl and SMTIV currently on my 3ds.. After just finishing P4G I'm having a hard time playing these though because it doesn't show my characters in combat..

I'm alright with SMT4 not showing my characters because of the variety of demons, sweet attack and death animations, plus the cool 3rd person exploration complete armor that shows up on your character.

In Entrian Odyssey I really struggle with it though. Even seeing your characters just a little bit would make things so much more exciting.

Protocol7

Finishing Zelda
PokemonX from time to time
And started Bravely Default, actually...
I'm only rebuilding the town... almost done then I'll start playing :p

And always have FF TheatRythm not far ^^

KarmaCow

I'm alright with SMT4 not showing my characters because of the variety of demons, sweet attack and death animations, plus the cool 3rd person exploration complete armor that shows up on your character.

In Entrian Odyssey I really struggle with it though. Even seeing your characters just a little bit would make things so much more exciting.

I love the EO games but the less you see the character designs the better. :p

newarrior

Finished Link Between Worlds last night, what an amazing game.

Pokemon X is sort of on hold, I need to pick it up and finish the main story still.

Starting the Bravely Default demo finally.

Touchdown

Banned
Just finished Pokemon X (gym leaders / champion) aand finally finished LOZ: Link Between 2 Worlds, Loved them both.
Now I can play hardmode zelda, woot woot

I just downloaded Animal Crossing about 10 minutes ago lol, so that's what I'm playing.

Top Bottom