• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Xyber

So I got my 3DS a few days ago now and I've been enjoying it so far.

5 hours of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Playing on easy because I'm not the best at these kinds of games, but damn, it gets quite tricky sometimes. I would not have lasted on normal. Almost fully voice acted is nice, not the best voice acting I've heard though. :p

4½ hours of Zelda: ALBW
Just recently got to Lorule, so I'm guessing the game really starts now? This will most likely be the first Zelda I will play to completion. Last one I had was Twilight Princess for Wii (and before that I had some game for SNES I think), but got bored of that one mostly because I didn't like the Wii controller and I sold the console. I'm enjoying the 3D effect in this game, it works well with the design of the game.

And then I have finished World 1 in Mario 3D Land, it's a Mario game so I know what I'm getting and will let that game sit for a while until I'm done with these other 2.

So my thoughts on my 3DS purchase can basically be summed up in one image.
tumblr_msytq1GxMU1qe3ctvo1_500.jpg

Sucks that most games for the system are so damn expensive even if they are old. Was hoping I could score some cheap games, I guess Steam has spoiled me a bit.

Camjo-Z

I've been getting back into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate! Currently grinding my way back towards the luxurious Lagiacrus armor set I rocked back in Tri and remembering just how much I hate Gigginox.

Jhoan

Animal Crossing: New Leaf-I'm getting bored of the game as I've only had it for 3 weeks but maybe it's because I don't have Wi-Fi at home and still haven't built a couple of venues. I usually do the daily cash grind, save and quit, and sometimes go to the island to farm bugs in the night. It's so rote.

Project X Zone-This is another boring rote/repetitive game but yet I keep playing it for some odd reason. I suppose it's the desire to see what characters I enlist in my ranks next. Up to Chapter 19. I usually skip the dialogue at this point because I don't care about the story.

I recently beat Attack of The Friday Monsters. Only missing 2 chapters. And I want to play SMTIV after getting a bunch of StreetPasses for it but I lost my cart in my bedroom; will have to look for it. Also StreetPass games as usual. I'm getting bored of my 3DS games. Can't wait for Bravely Default.

Matriox

I'm alright with SMT4 not showing my characters because of the variety of demons, sweet attack and death animations, plus the cool 3rd person exploration complete armor that shows up on your character.

In Entrian Odyssey I really struggle with it though. Even seeing your characters just a little bit would make things so much more exciting.

These two games are my first JRPG's without showing my characters and animations with every action, so its a little difficult to adjust. Especially since I loved how they represented it in P4G, playing EO and SMTIV make me just want to replay P4G. I will continue to play SMT4 and EO, just a little disappointed in the combat sequences is all.

Stoked for Bravely Default this friday... Going to be a good weekend..

colon

I'm playing a lot of Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder recently. It's really fun.

Also playing a bit of Animal Crossing New Leaf (at one point was really hooked on this game and am at nearly 1800 hours into it, but have been losing interest over the past couple of weeks).

I'm also trying to finish Pokemon Y which I bought on the eShop at launch and have been having a hard time getting into it. At this point I try to play for a couple hours every few days just so I can beat the game and get it over with.

And recently I bought Tokyo Crash Mobs but the game's weirdness is starting to wear off and I'm losing interest in it quickly.

Find Mii 2 - yes that is correct, and I'm having fun with it too. Several games I'm tempted to try out, but not ready to spend money on, yet. Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Ace Attorney are four I'm interested in playing or at least trying out. Bravely Default seems to be what a lot of people are getting excited about. Any suggestions on going with one of the above?

Majestad

Banned
Find Mii 2 - yes that is correct, and I'm having fun with it too. Several games I'm tempted to try out, but not ready to spend money on, yet. Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Ace Attorney are four I'm interested in playing or at least trying out. Bravely Default seems to be what a lot of people are getting excited about. Any suggestions on going with one of the above?

All of those are must have. My favorite is Kid Icarus, which is one of the finest games ever made.

Memles

I'm currently working my way through Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, which I'm really enjoying—compared to Paper Mario: Sticker Star, the game has a lot more momentum, and is succeeding more from a storytelling perspective. I understand some of the complaints with the constant tutorials, but I also sort of appreciate a game that is still giving you new tools fifteen hours in—that it comes with tutorials so consistently is annoying, but the series' dialogue has always been the star, and I've found the gameplay being over-explained to be solid enough to make the overall experience a lot of fun.

gix223

Neo Member
donkey kong : CR - it is so hard, but i`m working
also playing laytons mirracle mask - 1st one trying on the series.

Im currently wandering around in a Link Between Worlds and not wanting it to end... I only have 2 dungeons left.

Then I will most likely will be getting Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Tho I am eagerly waiting for 1001 Spikes for 3DS(coming to pretty much everything else as well-- Vita. PS4, WiiU, and Steam) That game needs to be released already :(

Just finished getting 100% on SM3DLand while playing through both Fire Emblem and Pokemon X, also just picked up Tales of the Abyss for a little more action-y game. After that probably looking for KH:3D or Kid Icarus next.

AmyS

Ridge Racer 3D.

Loving every second of it. Had no idea what I'd been missing all this time. I bought a 3DS about two weeks after its NA launch in 2011, cause I had to have Pilotwings Resort.

I avoided the 3DS entry cause I had wrongly assumed it wasn't worth having like Unbounded, RR Vita and F2P Driftopia.

Only just acquired Ridge Racer 3D on Monday afternoon.

Hip Hop

I think I've outgrown Animal Crossing sadly.

The Gamecube version is one of my favorite games of all time and this 3DS game is not cutting it for me. It's a great game and it's vastly superior to the GC, but I don't think the core gameplay is for me anymore. The waiting, the visiting everyday, the grinding for bells. It was fun back then but I'm just not into that anymore. I wish I would be. Just gonna sell it.

Pokemon Y was my first Pokemon game since Diamond and It was a good ride although I feel the 3D aspect still needs work. It's like the game is transitioning from 2D to 3D, but it is not quite there yet. The main city is really cumbersome to travel as you can't really tell where you are. Some towns looked and felt great though. I thought the game was okay, just nothing too great, and I've skipped a town of Pokemon games to get to this point.

My favorite game so far has to be Sticker Star for some reason. I love the graphics in that game and the gameplay too. I've heard a lot of people mentioning that it isn't a good game, but I'm quite the oppossite. I guess they are comparing it to the N64 version.

Mind you, this is the current game I am playing. Still early on so I don't have a definitive answer if the game is great or just okay.

Ordered Ocarina of Time and I am expecting greatness. (I would've ordered The new legend of zelda, but I am not the biggest Zelda fan at all).

I've always owned it from time to time but I just never got far on it. Very early levels on.

nikatapi

Ridge Racer 3D.

Loving every second of it. Had no idea what I'd been missing all this time. I bought a 3DS about two weeks after its NA launch in 2011, cause I had to have Pilotwings Resort.

I avoided the 3DS entry cause I had wrongly assumed it wasn't worth having like Unbounded, RR Vita and F2P Driftopia.

Only just acquired Ridge Racer 3D on Monday afternoon.

It is an enjoyable game, and i like the deep 3D effect it really immerses you. The framerate drops though break the immersion a little bit.
Good racing game overall.

I'm around 70 hours in Bravely default. Began it mid december and this week I have been grinding a lot.
I currently play SMB3 too.

next, I don't know, I still have Layton (miracle mask) untouched. And I might try Senran Kagura at the end of february.

Firebrand

crimsonshroud.jpg

Best game out in NA right now in terms of rpgs
Thought that very room in your screenshot wasn't perhaps too great. :p Should play through NG+ eventually.

Playing Mario Tennis (GBC) now. Quite liking it, though shame about the blurry filter on the VC. Also have to play with the circle pad as I just can't use the D-pad on the XL, makes me a bit wary of picking up something like Shantae.

Mario and Luigi Dream Team - pretty decent game, but it doesn't flow so well and there are too many tutorials and stoppages.

Want to get the new Zelda game soon as I think that will satisfy my handheld gaming needs.

Trying, unsuccessfully, to break my Picross addiction. Every time I get seventeen minutes into a Free mode puzzle and find I've totally screwed it up I think I'll finally be able to quit and never play it again, but then I get back to the menu and accidentally start a new one through sheer muscle memory, and the cycle starts all over again :p

Firebrand

Trying, unsuccessfully, to break my Picross addiction. Every time I get seventeen minutes into a Free mode puzzle and find I've totally screwed it up I think I'll finally be able to quit and never play it again, but then I get back to the menu and accidentally start a new one through sheer muscle memory, and the cycle starts all over again :p
Which Picross is the best one available on the 3DS?

Etrian Odyssey Untold - playing pretty slowly, on the tenth floor. Need a break after doing 3 and 4 back to back and getting this right away.

Devil Survivor Overclocked - Just hit day 2. Never played before.

Fire Emblem Awakening on hard with DLC. Already beat it on normal.

SMT IV - got the Law ending and going for Chaos.

Sticker Star - got instead of Dream Team and think made a mistake.

DKCR - stuck on the boss that is like a harder version of the first boss and refuse to skip him.

Animal Crossing. It's my first Animal Crossing game and to be honest, I've no idea what I'm doing.

I've played it for a few weeks and all I seem to do every day is farm some coins from a rock, smash a rock for a gem, talk to one or 2 people, give some fossils to a museum and.. thats it. Oh and I'm slowly repaying a loan and nobody can be bothered to help pay the new bridge that they wanted. Nobody has come into my town, and I can't seem to get into anyones online.

I'm sure it gets deeper but I've had more fun playing some farm games on my phone.

Somax

Being playing far too little because of RL chaos at the moment, but I'm going through Pokemon X (first game I bought from that series since Blue on the GBC) and sometimes doing a level of super mario 3d land that I got for free with the Christmas EU promotion.

I'm satisfied from my recent 3dsXl purchase, and now I'm thinking about something else to buy... maybe ALBW, or MH3U waiting for MH4...

Gvaz

Banned
SMTIV is considerably better, but Crimson Shroud is awesome too.

I haven't played SMT4 yet because it's fuckin expensive. Is it like Strange Journey? Because that sucked. I was hoping for a lot because it was smt, but it's basically etrian odyssey with grinding and map making. no thanks.

I have no patience for grinding anymore unless the game has something else going for it

Majestad

Banned
I haven't played SMT4 yet because it's fuckin expensive. Is it like Strange Journey? Because that sucked. I was hoping for a lot because it was smt, but it's basically etrian odyssey with grinding and map making. no thanks.

I have no patience for grinding anymore unless the game has something else going for it

Not really. Exploration and navigating the world in SMTIV is completely different than SJ.

Still playing ALBW and Phoenix Wright. Also my wife and I picked up the extra Streetpass titles over Christmas, so gardening & ghost house exploring are now part of the daily routine.

She's playing Picross 3 - I've resisted buying it because I know I will obsess over it until I have 100% completed it and I don't want to spend that much time on the toilet.

Amory

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I'm head over heels in love with this game. Completely blown away. This is how I want my zelda games from now on. Right from the start it was so refreshing to just be allowed to play and explore for myself without the game telling me exactly where to go next and what I'd need to do once I got there.

My 2nd favorite Zelda game of all time, just a hair behind Wind Waker.

Griss

Finished A Link Between Worlds (it was... good, I guess) and back to Phoenix Wright for the DLC case. Amazing case so far, why they cut out the best one for DLC is beyond me. I'm only a little bit in though.

Been trying to find the motivation to continue on in Shin Megami Tensai

Quick Question: Tales of Abyss or Bravery Default? I ask because the former is $23 on Namco's website this week. I enjoy the Tales series quite a bit, but Bravery Default sounds pretty great.

DirtyLarry

I just finally purchased a 3DS two weeks ago, so I have either purchased or rented the following games...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mario Kart 7

And I just keep switching between them all, although I have recently started favoring Mario Land 3D as I just rented it and believe there is probably no sense in keeping it once I beat it.

Love this system, and it is definitely filling a void since I sold my launch WiiU awhile back (I do regret it, but it was really collecting dust and I did pick up a PS4 & One).

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Just finished ALBW today, what a great, great game. A bit on the short side but understandable for a portable Zelda entry. The soundtrack is AMAZING. I think I will wait awhile before tackling Hero Mode, need to savor the experience.

Now to either finish Kid Icarus (stopped halfway) or to begin another playthrough of Fire Emblem.

Or maybe I will purchase a new game soon, don't know which one though:
Pokemon X/Y
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
SMT IV

<3 3DS <3

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm playing through Luigi's Mansion 2 at the moment. If I'm honest it's getting more than a little repetative now (I'm at the Treacherous Mansion) but I'm still enjoying it enough to finish it. Next up is Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Top Bottom