• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Ceros

Man , I went to the Circuit City in Catonsville, MD(the one on Route 40) and their selection sucked ass. As a matter of fact, they didn't even change the price labels on some of the games. I didn't even bother taking like 20 games to the counter and asking which ones were 4.99. I saw Rygar there, but the game isn't my style so I just left.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Yeah, the sale is valid... the CC here had a lousy selection, but I managed to grab:

GC - Red Faction II
GC - Home Run King
GC - Universal Studios (Hey, I'll take it for $5)
GC - Pac-Man Fever
GC - Top Gun
GC - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
GC - Kelly Slater Surfing
PS2 - Shrek Super Party
PS2 - R.E. Dead Aim
GC - Outlaw Golf
PS2 - Haunted Mansion

There are only a few of those that I actually want, but I figured someone would want something, or would want to trade. Heck, I'll swap the PS2 Haunted Mansion for a GC one...

rastex

Banned
Hey, if someone from the Toronto area wants me to pick them up anything, just let me know, I should be heading out soon (I'm calling now to see if they have MvC2 for Xbox)

all they had where I live for the GC was as follows:

1. Eternal Darkness
2. Micky's Magical Adventure (or what ever the fuck it's called)
3. Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
4. Smashing Drive
5. Big Air Freestyle

Already have ED, but was considering KSPS. Is it any good?

rastex

Banned
Just called, and nobody has anything. I should've figuerd. San Jose is nerd-kingdom :( I didn't stand a chance.

suck it down ladies! here is what i got:

disgagea (2 copies) - i don't even like or want this game, but guess what friends?

onimusha 2 - meh, for $5 i'm game

mega man x7 - plenty of copies still left

the thing is the lady looked at me like i was dumb when i asked for a price check on them. then she got pzowned when they came up $4.99. yes!

p.s. i wish i knew about eternal darkness before, because i saw it and i want that game but didn't realize it was $4.99

Meier

SHIT! I wish I had this full list when I went before.. I had to drive to 2 Circuit City's but I snagged 2 copies of Disgaea and an Ape Escape 2. Would have been on the lookout for a bunch of those later posted Xbox titles had I known =( Bought Disgaea at $50 so both are going on Ebay :)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
:(

Think of it this way, buddy.

In 2 years, the Tim Couch era of the Packers begins.

River. Of. Tears.

Priz

This is what I grabbed...

cc-receipt.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just scored disgaea and frequency for $5 each. fuggin ridiculous. walked out of there feeling like i stole something. and i was thiiis close to paying full price for disgaea a couple weeks ago.

last copies of both games, and there wasn't much else of interest. i might head to another circuit city to see what they've got.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Scored several games including a couple Disgaeas...

There were still several more copies there and more at another store. Very nice!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Check out my haul:

Super Monkey Ball Jr.
Roadkill
Spy Hunter 2
ESPN NHL Hockey
Gungrave
Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X2
Devil May Cry 2
Disgaea

And, the following which I'm planning on returning to Wal-Mart:

Simpsons Skateboarding
Street Fighter EX3

Rolio

wario, you honor me... *bows in reverence*

for $86.40 i got
xbox
futurama (2)
espn hockey (2)
crazy taxi 3
crimson sea
pro race driver
red faction 2
secret weapons over normandy
gunvalkyrie (yes, i've played it, and i'm in the minority who like it)
bloodrayne

ps2
robot alchemic drive
devil may cry 2 (for $5, what, me worry?)
chaos legion (see dmc 2)
ape escape 2
disgaea (she already spoken for, tho)
street fighter ex3

i had three of the workers there freaking, and one of them was so happy that i not only let him in on the good deals, he was happy that i gave him the list i printed out

Hero

Damn, some of you are greedy bastards. If it wasn't for Wario you probably wouldn't have known about the deal.

Wario, if I find an extra copy of Disgaea I'll hook you up, but I think some of the nicer GAFers have already offered for you.

If anyone can pick me up a copy of MvC2 (PS2 or Xbox), Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gunvalkyrie, ED, Disgaea or Gungrave I'll pay them for the game, S&H, and a little extra.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bune duggy said:
so I went over there anyways and there was no bargain bin. I would have had someone scan a game or something for me but the employees mysteriously stopped asking if I needed help and disappeared right when I found a game I wanted. So, I bought Bowies Scary Monsters and Let's Dance SACD's instead. All in all (considering the games they did have) I got the better deal.

Bargain bin or not, these prices are still effective at $4.99. All my $4.99 games I got last Circuit City clearance deal weren't in the 'bargain bin' at all. The bargain bin is usually full of shit games anyway

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rastex said:
Just called, and nobody has anything. I should've figuerd. San Jose is nerd-kingdom :( I didn't stand a chance.

The Circuit City on Blossom Hill has copies of Chaos Legion. It's the only game I could find that's actually worth getting at $4.99. They also have a copy of Frequency too if that's $4.99. That's probably the best game out of the bunch. There are totally CAG'ers in this area though. I remember last year when I went to get penny strategy guides at Best Buy, some dude from fatwallet.com was taking every strategy guide that was a penny and bought like 40 guides for 40 cents. Ugh.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
The Circuit City on Blossom Hill has copies of Chaos Legion. It's the only game I could find that's actually worth getting at $4.99. They also have a copy of Frequency too if that's $4.99. That's probably the best game out of the bunch. There are totally CAG'ers in this area though. I remember last year when I went to get penny strategy guides at Best Buy, some dude from fatwallet.com was taking every strategy guide that was a penny and bought like 40 guides for 40 cents. Ugh.

Wario, I live in Brooklyn. If you want something other than Disagea (as you appear to have the hookup already), let me know. Just send me S & H (Don't worry about the actual cost) and I will send you two games. Just a thanks for all the awesome deals you got me. PM me what you want and I'll get back to you after my CC trip

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
olubode said:
Wario, I live in Brooklyn. If you want something other than Disagea (as you appear to have the hookup already), let me know. Just send me S & H (Don't worry about the actual cost) and I will send you two games. Just a thanks for all the awesome deals you got me. PM me what you want and I'll get back to you after my CC trip

Guilty Gear X2 would be sweet, not really many games that I really want from the list besides Disgaea and GGX2. Thanks!

Glad to see that most of you guys benefitted from this deal. Circuit City is pretty sweet, 2 clearance sales within half a year. Crazy

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Just GGXX2? PS2 right? np. I'll let you know how my pickings go tomorrow. What time do they open? 9? 10? 12 cause of the holiday?

rastex

Banned
Wario64 said:

Ya.. it's ok though. I don't think I'd play those games much anyway, it's just such a damn good deal I'd kick myself for not even trying. In any event, I'd also like to express my appreciation for the awesome service you provide here, always welcomed!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah PS2. I'm not even sure if they open tomorrow, probably best to call them first before departing

Bog

Junior Ace
Disgaea's a good buy for $5, but I think I might've done one better... receipt scan coming in a sec.

B'z-chan

Banned
I feel bad cause i went and there were none of these games at all. I even know where the games are located and at what stores in california but they wont ship them here. How freaking stupid. I've spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get them, but no they are ass munches.

now i just want two games Disgea and ZOE2

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy crap Viewtiful Joe is confirmed at $4.99 too! I'm gonna post an updated list in the first post

B'z-chan

Banned
HOLY crap looks like i'm going back to the local store tommorrow. What the hell kind of clearance is this? Crap i know they'll have at least of a few of the updated titles. Wario you are a king among cheapasses.

Bog

Junior Ace
OK, here's what I got. Not a great set of games, but look for the diamond in the rough...

receipt.jpg

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Well I got powned. I went to the Circuit City in Santa Monica, CA and nothing was on sale. The titles in this thread were nowhere to be seen anywhere and we don't have a bargain bin. I suppose you have to go to some backwoods Circuit Cities to get deals. :(

If anyone can hook up with any of the following titles PM me! Thanks!

GC
PSO Episode I & II
Resident Evil Code Veronica X

PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh shit, someone find MGS2: Substance for me too!

Bog said:
OK, here's what I got. Not a great set of games, but look for the diamond in the rough...

receipt.jpg

REZ?!? This is madness!

And my Disgaea request has been fulfilled. If you were planning to get an extra copy, thanks anyway. If you can find a copy of GGX2 and MGS:2 Substance (PS2) however, that would be kick ass

Priz

Hero said:
Damn, some of you are greedy bastards. If it wasn't for Wario you probably wouldn't have known about the deal.

I got lucky. I read CAG as well so I headed down to my local CC only to find someone who used to be part of the local anime gang now working there. I mentioned I was picking up the $4.99 games and he said he already grabbed a bunch of stuff and put it aside for himself for later. He then grabbed a shopping cart and threw about 30-40 games in there, then we went to the computer and looked through the lists for each system to see if there's any games I recognized that I wanted and saw if any were still in stock. I put back most of the stuff in the basket so there's still quite a few good deals left there, but it was nice to find out about.

I was on the fence about the Fairy Oddparents xbox game (I'm sure it sucks, though...) and I wanted Futurama xbox and maybe ZOE GBA... but no stores had either.

EDIT: Nice find on Rez, there...

Top Bottom