• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

siege

Banned
Fuck, this deal is amazing. I don't have a CC anywhere near me, but I'm tempted to pick a direction and drive until I see one. I want PDO, Voodoo Vince, Crimson Sea, DOA:XVB, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Toe Jam & Earl 3, and Kung-Fu Chaos.

All for the total of $40. Sigh....

Meier

Damn that list for Xbox and GC is huge! I wish I'd known about them. Tomorrow I am going with a printed list to try and get Crimson Sea, DOA Volleyball (shitty but worth $4.99 heh), Burnout 2, ESPN Hockey, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, GUNVALKYRIE, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Voodoo Vince, Wakeboarding Unleashed for Xbox.. then maybe Def Jam Vendetta and PSO for Cube. Viewtiful JOE for $4.99 is a fucking STEAL btw.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Damn...I'm hoping to get a ride up there tomorrow but am not feeling very confident about what I will get. If anybody picked up/can pick up an extra copy of any of the following games, would you like to do a nice selfless deed for the day? :p

GC

Bomberman Generation
Ikaruga
PSO Episode I & II (GC)

PS2

BOF DQ
Dark Cloud 2
Frequency
Guilty Gear X2
Gungrave
ICO
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Maximo
Mega Man x7
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
PaRappa the Rapper 2
War of the Monsters
Wild Arms 3

Otaking

I must hit my circuit city tomorrow and score some of these games. Knowing my luck, everything I want will be sold out. Is this deal advertised around the store? I hope not, so I can have a better chance at scoring games. If I had done my reading before I left today, I could've investigated today. ARGH. I hope the Altoona Circuit City doesn't run outta games. Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere where people don't play many games, so hopefully I can score bigtime.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Otaking said:
I must hit my circuit city tomorrow and score some of these games. Knowing my luck, everything I want will be sold out. Is this deal advertised around the store? I hope not, so I can have a better chance at scoring games. If I had done my reading before I left today, I could've investigated today. ARGH. I hope the Altoona Circuit City doesn't run outta games. Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere where people don't play many games, so hopefully I can score bigtime.

What state do you live in?

I'm not entirely far from an altoona that's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, if they've got a decent selection I'll have no problem comandeering my roomate's vehicle for the trip there. :p

B'z-chan

Banned
Well that does it for talking to CC managers today. I even told them i was disabled and couldnt get there for any chance in hell. Too bad cause this would have been a great birthday present for my 19th which is coming around the corner.

Belfast

Good god let's hope they're open tomorrow. :( And that there's actually a few games still in stock worth getting. I was out watching Spider-Man 2 so I didn't see this thread before and the cruel irony of it all is that the Circuit City is right across from the theatre. :(

By the time I got home it was too late to go back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dammit! Tomorrow is the fourth! I forgot about that.

I'm going to kick the founding fathers' asses if I miss out on this deal because of them!

Dead

well not really...yet
Belfast said:
Good god let's hope they're open tomorrow. :( And that there's actually a few games still in stock worth getting. I was out watching Spider-Man 2 so I didn't see this thread before and the cruel irony of it all is that the Circuit City is right across from the theatre. :(

By the time I got home it was too late to go back.
Watching Spider Man 2 >>>> buying cheap games

you made the right choice

I will be going first thing tomorrow when they open(im pretty sure they will open tomorrow). If they have extra copies of the popular games I will be sure to buy them for fellow gafers. Hopefully there will still be some stock left.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, Disgaea is pretty good! I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far! Fun little game!

Didn't expect it to be so...low-res, though. :p Ah well...

B'z-chan

Banned
I can confirm from my few hours on the phone with various managers. That they will be open till 7pm tommorrow. They open at 10 am i believe.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Wario64 said:
I heard people say it's open tomorrow

Awesome. I was just in there Thursday and they had at least 5 or 6 copies of Rez in stock. I already own it, but hot damn - eBay here I come!!!!

Otaking

Archaix said:
What state do you live in?

I'm not entirely far from an altoona that's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, if they've got a decent selection I'll have no problem comandeering my roomate's vehicle for the trip there. :p
Pennsylvania. Altoona, Pennsylvania. I'm going tomorrow and hoping that they're open and snag me a ton of games.

B'z-chan

Banned
JC10001 said:
Awesome. I was just in there Thursday and they had at least 5 or 6 copies of Rez in stock. I already own it, but hot damn - eBay here I come!!!!

No damnit you come to gaf fool and you give one to Wario and then me out of good faith.

fart

Savant
san diego has been pretty much picked clean if you're unlucky enough to live here. don't even bother.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
You'd have to pay me to take most of those games. Because then they'd be free.

Have you seen gas prices?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
JC10001 said:

Mind saving a copy for me? :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Otaking said:
Pennsylvania. Altoona, Pennsylvania. I'm going tomorrow and hoping that they're open and snag me a ton of games.

Okay, let me know how you fare. Hopefully they'll have something I want here, but I'm not optimistic.

Wario64 said:
CONFIRMED DEAL, NATIONWIDE p.s if you can get an extra copy of Guilty Gear X2 and MGS2: Substance (PS2), and Rez, that would be awesome. I'll pay plus shipping and extra, of course

GC

Ikaruga
Megaman Network Transmission
Timesplitters 2

PS2

Disgaea
Dark Cloud2
ICO
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Onimusha 2
REZ
Rygar
Wild Arms 3
Wipeout Fusion
ZOE: 2nd Runner
Dragon Warrior VII (PSone)
[/b]

if anyone can get me the above. I'll do like Wario64 said, pay extra + shipping. Come on. MSN me... Whoever can do this for me: My MSN is TheGreenGiant702@hotmail.com

Alex

I finally snagged Network Transmission, thanks much for the updates Wario. I'm rather enjoying it

Sadly, outside of that, they didn't have much here, just a few stray ick titles. Although if GameStop is having any trade in dealies, I wouldnt mind scooping up stuff like GbtG to use as trade in fodder, hmm.

TheDiave

Banned
To anybody who can and wouldn't mind hooking me up, I'd like:

GC, Viewtiful Joe
PS2, Disgaea
PS2, Marvel vs Capcom 2

I'll even pay ya with interest... :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Also, this deal was suppose to take effect on the 11th, obviously it didn't. And it lasts until the 21st

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I was going to but wasn't really interested. Would have gotten Chaos Legion had I known it was $5

Limedust

There are two CC's in the 20 mile radius around me that I know of, so I'll print the list and do a little checking tomorrow.

B'z-chan

Banned
Prices have been in effect since second week of june. WTF how the heck could no one have noticed all of this time? Weird stuff. Well just remember us Gafers that have tried and tried. And only want a few games.

Damn you ebay.

MmmBeef

You know I was thinking that today was the day I would take the plunge and get a PS2. This was just the clincher. Got...

ICO
Megaman X7
Futurama (Hey, maybe the wife might like it, she loves Bender and for $4.99, who cares!)
Dynasty Warriors 4
Spy Hunter 2 (another WTF, it's $4.99 title)
Dark Cloud 2
and AC4: Shattered Skies at regular GH price since I've always wanted it.

Couldn't find Rygar, Disgaea or WildArms 3. There are two other CCs I could try tomorrow.
I've seen Armored Core 2 on the list above and Armored Core 3 on someones receipt. Anyone know if Silent Line is $4.99 as well?

God, I'm giddy.

B'z-chan said:
Prices have been in effect since second week of june. WTF how the heck could no one have noticed all of this time? Weird stuff. Well just remember us Gafers that have tried and tried. And only want a few games.

Damn you ebay.

Ebay is pretty ridiculous for more than one reason. I mean, Ape Escape 2, yeah I'm looking for the game, yeah I might pay $15 USD (triple markup over those CC prices), but then 10 bucks shipping to Canada?

It's like markup + markup.

since this deal is going on for so long, i dont suppose theyll be getting any more copies in once theyre sold out. this is a clearance , right?

Khaos

Hey, I can't get out to CC.. so if anyone can get an extra copy of Ikagura, Disgea, Code Veronica X (GC), Ty, PSO (gc), Rez, Gungrave, Mega Man X7, Dragon Warrior 7, DOA Beach Vollyball, Dino Crisis 3, Evil Dead, or Panzer Dragoon Orta, lemme know.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
B'z-chan said:

Damn you ebay.

Two weeks? I dont think so. There are CAGers who work for Circuit City and we would have known sooner if it was effective two weeks ago

B'z-chan

Banned
Wario64 said:
Two weeks? I dont think so. There are CAGers who work for Circuit City and we would have known sooner if it was effective two weeks ago

then maybe a few of the games were already on clearance? Cause a manager was telling me that they've had Chaos legion and Ape Escape on clearance for two weeks now. Interesting none the less. I wonder if they will advertise this??

Meier

Bog said:
I know a lot of people are finding copies of Ape Escape 2. C'mon.

I'd gather everyone's Circuit City's are closed by now dude. It's after 10 even on the West coast. I'm having a blast with it though, great pick up at $4.99!

Top Bottom