• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Drafts of Trump White House Exec. Orders Leak: 'Muslim Ban' and end of 'DREAMer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oh, how time flies:

axJStnX.png

https://twitter.com/GovPenceIN/status/674249808610066433

roknin

"Both sides are the same."

"My Vote doesn't matter. "

"I'll just lay low and focus on my issues right now."

Pick your apathy poison. It makes me sick to my stomach that people think this way.

Know what makes me even more sick?

Even after all this, there's people right now STILL thinking that way.

Is there not a limit to what an Executive Order can actually do? I always thought there were certain areas were a EO couldn't actually touch without Congress.

Illucio

Banned
Yep. That's the only way I can figure it out.
The college I went to ( a Southern Baptist university) just posted a thing today about how abortion is the most important social issue there is. I have my own opinions on it, but I believe that taking care of the poor and oppressed is way more important. We're called to serve and love, not to judge. They're so focused on stopping abortion, but don't give a crap about the child or mother after it's born.

Sigh. I think that's why I find myself doing more volunteer work outside of the church lately. I just want to help, not be a huge hateful jerk to everyone who's not a straight white christian person. :(

Literally this.

I live with people who believe this and when I question how they feel about when the child is born, they just say it's the parents job to raise them.

I understand their point of view, but it's super easy to point out the flaws with that statement.

UberTag

I honestly thought the same for a long time, but I can't deny that Trump is making a hell of an argument for being worse.
Trump is volatile... and Bannon can easily manipulate him. That makes Trump worse than Pence in my mind.
Pence is easily more sinister but he's also politically savvy and would not let Bannon and Breitbart monopolize the policy direction.
That said, the Republicans are far more likely to get re-elected in 2020 under Pence than they are under Trump.

So my perspective is this... in the short-term, Trump is more dangerous.
In the long-term, Pence is more dangerous.
Bannon is arguably more dangerous than either one.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Welcome to anti-foreigner America.

Think of the optics of the Department of Homeland Security making 'site visits' to companies that legally employ foreign workers without any prior cause. Sheesh.

The message underlying all of this is that all foreigners - legal or otherwise - are either a physical or economic threat.

Ishan

Yep. That's the only way I can figure it out.
The college I went to ( a Southern Baptist university) just posted a thing today about how abortion is the most important social issue there is. I have my own opinions on it, but I believe that taking care of the poor and oppressed is way more important. We're called to serve and love, not to judge. They're so focused on stopping abortion, but don't give a crap about the child or mother after it's born.

Sigh. I think that's why I find myself doing more volunteer work outside of the church lately. I just want to help, not be a huge hateful jerk to everyone who's not a straight white christian person. :(
It's a hot button issue , ppl are emotional about it . They won't be logical about it . I mean welcome to planet earth if we were logical ppl you think all the crap over the centuries would have happened ? Were better now than at 1500 but not perfect and while I agree with you a pro lifer will just ignore everything you said and focus on the fact that you questioned pro life , similarly as many gaffers are single issue ppl on money in politics etc. I solidly believe a solid segment of the liberals and gaf are just unwilling to listen or reach out .i hope both these extreme left and the extreme right find peace with the world .

Piggus

Muslim majority country? So like, Indonesians will not be allowed to enter the US?

Edit: actually scratch that, it seems like we are not on the "list" for whatever reason.

My fiancée is Indonesian and my visa petition for her was approved recently. We're waiting nervously as the process continues. All it would take is one big attack from someone who originated there for our plans to be completely ruined. Thankfully Indonesia seems to be doing a pretty good job of preventing that sort of thing from happening. Knock on wood.

"Both sides are the same."

"My Vote doesn't matter. "

"I'll just lay low and focus on my issues right now."

Pick your apathy poison. It makes me sick to my stomach that people think this way.

Let's not act like the problem isnt the people who actually voted for him. If people dont want to vote, maybe that's because when you reach such a laughable level of politicians offer, you dont want to vote anymore.

That doesn't matter to what I'm asking, though. Can he give an executive order to do anything? I thought their were limits to it, or am I wrong there

I'm sure there are limits, but DACA was created in an executive order.

Don't forget. 120k people were imprisoned on an executive order. It's powert is far reaching

Know what makes me even more sick?

Even after all this, there's people right now STILL thinking that way.

People are also ignorant a didnt vote Clinton because she wasn't their ideal candidate. Instead they didn't vote or went third party. These people are just as terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom