• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Drafts of Trump White House Exec. Orders Leak: 'Muslim Ban' and end of 'DREAMer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
As a white Christian I can't believe the things my fellow Christians are ok with. Trump is pretty much the opposite of everything I believe. It dumbfounds me to see people that I respected while growing up talk about Trump as if he's this amazing moral man.

I'm sorry to say this, but they have lost the message. They are Christians in name only, if they are okay or in favor of Trump and what he does/says. I've spent a lot of time in the presence of folks like this, who have become entrenched in the ritual and the religion of Christianity. But in most cases, they've lost or forgotten the entire point.

If Jesus were here, many "Christians" and conservatives would shun him. "Wait what, I'm supposed to give all of my money away? I'm supposed to love my neighbor? Uh..."

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm sorry to say this, but they have lost the message. They are Christians in name only, if they are okay or in favor of Trump and what he does/says. I've spent a lot of time in the presence of folks like this, who have become entrenched in the ritual and the religion of Christianity. But in most cases, they've lost or forgotten the entire point.

If Jesus were here, many "Christians" and conservatives would shun him. "Wait what, I'm supposed to give all of my money away? I'm supposed to love my neighbor? Uh..."

We should start calling 'em Chinos. Christians In Name Only :p

Ah, yes, the same visa Trump abuses in his hotels.

I didn't comment on who abuses the programs and who does not: I challenged this ridiculous idea that one can dismiss these abuses as exclusively impacting low-skill, low-wage jobs. The abuses of these programs are having a negative effect on millions of Americans if not directly then indirectly through wage suppression.

Darknight

Well that was that :(

When will Trump enact these? Damn this is horrible. I had people tell me at work that major dick wasnt gonna do such a thing back when he won and here we are.

Muslim majority country? So like, Indonesians will not be allowed to enter the US?

Edit: actually scratch that, it seems like we are not on the "list" for whatever reason.

So, can somebody explain to me why somebody who benefited from programs like DACA wouldn't pursue a path to citizenship? I'm obviously unfamiliar with things such as this, so I feel like I'm missing something that should be obvious. I just don't quite understand somebody living in this country for 27 years without becoming a permanent citizen in a way that potential legislation or executive orders like this would affect them.

By NO MEANS am I trying to defend or justify this. I'm legitimately trying to understand the situation.

ErichWK

So I'm American and my sister is Canadian and dad is mexican. She is currently living with me going to college here. Does this effect her?

UberTag

Well that was that :(

When will Trump enact these? Damn this is horrible. I had people tell me at work that major dick wasnt gonna do such a thing back when he won and here we are.
”Protecting the Nation From Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals"
”Protecting American Jobs and Workers by Strengthening the Integrity of Foreign Worker Visa Programs"
”Protecting Taxpayer Resources by Ensuring Our Immigration Laws Promote Accountability and Responsibility"

We will probably see these materialize shortly.

If that White House leaker Twitter account is to be believed... and that remains to be seen... there's an internal debate on ending DACA between Bannon (who is pushing for it) and the establishment. Bannon drafted the order but that's no guarantee Trump will sign it.

b5B2dxU.png

cant see Saudi Arabia on the list of barred countries.. isn't it the most radical muslim country there is? and werent most of the 9/11 hijackers Saudis? seems like they should be on Trump's list.. hmm i wonder why not?

UberTag

cant see Saudi Arabia on the list of barred countries.. isn't it the most radical muslim country there is? and werent most of the 9/11 hijackers Saudis? seems like they should be on Trump's list.. hmm i wonder why not?
Trump has no shortage of conflicts of interest.
Nobody will call him on it, though.

“Protecting the Nation From Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals”
“Protecting American Jobs and Workers by Strengthening the Integrity of Foreign Worker Visa Programs”
“Protecting Taxpayer Resources by Ensuring Our Immigration Laws Promote Accountability and Responsibility”

If that White House leaker Twitter account is to be believed... and that remains to be seen... there's an internal debate on ending DACA between Bannon (who is pushing for it) and the establishment. Bannon drafted the order but that's no guarantee Trump will sign it.

We all know Bannon is in control of the white house. The others don't have any real power over him.

Muslim majority country? So like, Indonesians will not be allowed to enter the US?

Edit: actually scratch that, it seems like we are not on the "list" for whatever reason.

Due to the previous colonial history, Indonesia tends to be registered as a Western country in most government statistics (I don't the exact details of why, I just know that this is the case). Good chance most people don't even know it's currently the largest Muslim majority country on the planet.

"but they're not Arabs!"
Sigh.
But that's the kind of shit Trump watches on Fox News, I bet.

Ekai

I'm hoping that Cali will stay strong during this and come up with a plan, I have a few friends in the DACA program and I'm worried what they'll do.

Let's be honest, those are the ones that Republicans want to see gone the most. Those are the people who would least likely vote for them.

It's scary to me how people don't see that they're putting party over country. They should be tried as traitors, not have ultimate power.

Republicans have been traitors for decades. They care more about their party than the fact that they're fucking fascists who are actively attacking millions in the nation. To them it's all about profit and power for themselves. They will do whatever they can to kick out as many Democrat leaning voters as possible. Or suppress their vote. Or etc. etc. etc.

BasicMath

”Protecting the Nation From Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals"
”Protecting American Jobs and Workers by Strengthening the Integrity of Foreign Worker Visa Programs"
”Protecting Taxpayer Resources by Ensuring Our Immigration Laws Promote Accountability and Responsibility"

Please guide Trump through this, Bannon. Please. Make it happen.

I know this is going to be awful for a small portion of people initially but in the long term it'll turn out to be good. Great even. The Trump admin/Reps have so much to lose here. I think Pence and Priebus know this and that's why they're against it.

What the fuck.
I think it'll accelerate immigration reform for the better before most of the permits if any expire. That's my hope at least.

Toxi

Banned

I know this is going to be awful for a small portion of people initially but in the long term it'll turn out to be good. Great even. The Trump admin/Reps have so much to lose here. The establishment knows this and that's why they're against it.
What the fuck.

The callousness in this post just pisses me off.

Nazi fuck in the white house,

White families got ww2 vet grandpappy rolling the goddamn grave

Edit: You can get banned on this forum for ad hominums, but wishing and hoping gleefully for people to lose their lively hoods is A-OK!

Sai-kun

Banned

I know this is going to be awful for a small portion of people initially but in the long term it'll turn out to be good. Great even. The Trump admin/Reps have so much to lose here. I think Pence and Priebus know this and that's why they're against it.

I think it'll accelerate immigration reform for the better before most of the permits if any expire. That's my hope at least.

how

Pau

So, can somebody explain to me why somebody who benefited from programs like DACA wouldn't pursue a path to citizenship? I'm obviously unfamiliar with things such as this, so I feel like I'm missing something that should be obvious. I just don't quite understand somebody living in this country for 27 years without becoming a permanent citizen in a way that potential legislation or executive orders like this would affect them.

By NO MEANS am I trying to defend or justify this. I'm legitimately trying to understand the situation.
It is pretty much impossible under DACA to pursue a path to legal residency if they entered the country unlawfully.

Tagyhag

Come on, really?

REALLY?

The only immigration reform these guys want is "Straight whites only"

How do you not see this?

zethren

Banned

Please elaborate in how this will be great eventually?

Please elaborate in how that at all justifies causing things to be awful for any percentage of the population?

Please elaborate in how fucking BANNON is at all qualified to guide anyone in any position of power.

Please for once, can a trump supporter just fucking elaborate?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
MAB128, immigration reform is never happening, why would it? All this does is ruin the lives of millions of people, including myself and many of the people posting in this very thread.

There is zero to be gained by removing DACA.

It is pretty much impossible under DACA to pursue a path to legal residency if they entered the country unlawfully.
Indeed. It's not that people don't attempt to pursue a path anyway--most do aytempt to give it everything they've got and then some. It's just unfortunately all but impossible to actually successfully do so without an immense amount of luck and resources that most people just don't have.

jett

D-Member

The TOS needs to be amended, because I need certain WORDS to address this.

the FUCK

Turns out that dumbass racists are terrible at geography. All they know is "Arab = Muslim" and so they assume all Muslims are Middle Eastern.

Bgamer90

Banned
Hey, let's unfairly target this LARGE demographic! Yeah! That won't cause actual dangerous people from other demographics to feel more confident! It's not like dangerous people come from various backgrounds or anything like that!

It's not like this will cause dangerous people that aren't from Muslim and/or immigrant backgrounds to say, "Yeah -- they are too busy focusing on this group. They'll never expect this crime from us!"

::faceplam::

I know this is going to be awful for a small portion of people initially but in the long term it'll turn out to be good. Great even. The Trump admin/Reps have so much to lose here. I think the establishment knows this and that's why they're against it.

Wait, do think that people who can do a university education can be replaced by people with no college education? Because those jobs are not there for the uneducated.
All that will happen is that companies will get their qualified workers through legal or non-problematic migration. Not a single job will be created or shifted to entitled whites.

In fact, if America is going to be too much trouble, those jobs will move elsewhere.
There is no 'win' here in terms of policy or real-world behaviors. It's just dumb and spiteful to people with lives in the US.

edit: withdrawn

Unless you meant to imply that this should be removed in favor of something that does:

That seems like a really big oversight.

Toxi

Banned
Please for once, can a trump supporter just fucking elaborate?
*checks post history*
oh. So I guess you hang out on reddit then? Going from "the election is over", "fuck trump" to what you're posting now is kind of a really sharp turn.
The poster isn't a Trump supporter. They're saying Trump should do this because it would destroy the Republicans' reputation.

Which is still a horribly callous thing to say.

Darknight

What??! Dude no this is gonna like destroy some many people's livelihoods in the US. We have been here out of trouble, paying taxes and out of people's business. To take what he have worked for, for the past few years is fucking sickening.

I dont think you realize but chances of Rep admin to get immigration fixed is unlikely. The right would try to sell the "Lets close the border, deport everyone and then we can begin" rhetoric. You know behind the curtain they dont mean it. They should keep DACA, fix the immigration system, then get system fixed.

I mean we are contributing to the US, its not like we are a burden on tax payers. The right thing to do would be to keep it.

UberTag

How can those president's executive orders documents got leaked in the first place?
White House staffers think he's just as nuts as we do.
Hell, they probably think WORSE of him than we do because they have to deal with him personally.

Trump is clearly not respected by anyone. However, he is still valued as a tool, a distraction and a shield... so long as he can be controlled, that is.

Rayis

The only way they could pursue a path to citizenship is through marriage to a citizen, DACA is the only thing Obama could do with the obstructive congress uninterested in passing immigration reform and through executive action and is technically not a legal status but a "protected" unlawful status.

That seems like a really big oversight.

Is the only thing that could have gotten done with Republican obstruction who would have cried amnesty if it provided a path to citizenship

Getting rid of OPT extension is absolute horse shit

Yeah this. A lot of PhD students are relying on OPT to compete their research and as a nature of research sometime shits happen and they require extension to finish their job.

First they target the illegal immigrants and now they're aiming at every immigrant. As an H1B holder, this is horseshit. We try hard to get our higher degree and compete with Americans fair and square for a job. We're already getting paid less than what Americans workers normally get and now they're trying to make it harder for us to make a living.

Exile20

Yeah this. A lot of PhD students are relying on OPT to compete their research and as a nature of research sometime shits happen and they require extension to finish their job.

First they target the illegal immigrants and now they're aiming at every immigrant. As an H1B holder, this is horseshit. We try hard to get our higher degree and compete with Americans fair and square for a job. We're already getting paid less than what Americans workers normally get and now they're trying to make it harder for us to make a living.
That is the point, you are using american's education to take jobs away from Americans. That is what trump thinks.

That is the point, you are using american's education to take jobs away from Americans. That is what trump thinks.

Trump makes it sound like Americans don't go find works in other countries. If that what he thinks then maybe he should just close down the country and not allow any foreigner to come in. Legal immigrants pay higher tuitions than American for no reason and we pay the same tax even though we're not a citizen. We give back to this country as much as an American worker.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

I'm not well versed on it so I might be completely off base, but my understanding is that DACA doesn't provide a direct path to citizenship. It was a stopgap measure created after congress failed to pass immigration reform/the DREAM Act. DACA was then implemented to temporarily allow eligible immigrants who came into the US as kids and have grown up here a way to work or go to school legally while congress got its shit together.

Without immigration reform DACA recipients are stuck with current immigration law that requires most of them to travel back to home countries which most of them know nothing about and wait anywhere from 3 - 10 years before being able to even apply for legal reentry to the US.

Jazz573

Not sure if this was already noted in here, but the links to the drafts are now set to private.

Actually, seems to be just the mobile site. If I change my user agent to desktop it works fine. Weird.

Oh a burner account. I was actually gonna respond but you're not worth my time.

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom