• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$50 PSN cards for $40 on Ebay, limited quantities

dotdotdot

Neo Member
I am not able to pay this auction using paypal. I am in the US and keep getting the same error. Paypal is of no help either. They keep telling me I need to email them from a confirmed email address, even though I am. This is fucking frustrating!

Not sure why, but I got logged into the UK version of paypal. I was able to work with Paypal customer service and they fixed my account, and I was able to order 2 cards. Apparently their security system blocked my credit card, but they cleared that up.

WarWolf

I got a code successfully on the 18th but I've been getting this every attempt since then trying to get a second.

m4bdFN4.png

I would buy 2 but I've been trying for like 3 days now. I've tried on iOS, Safari (OSX), chrome on Mac, IE9 and 11, Firefox and android devices. I've tried various different networks including Wifi, LTE, airport wifi, work, etc.

It's not us, there is just something wrong on the distant end.

Buying 2 for 80 is like getting 35 dollars for free right now.

Corpekata

Banned
Working on mobile for me (safari on Iphone 4s), but not desktop. At least, it went through on mobile a second ago, haven't gotten the code just yet.

2Shea

Thanks for the heads up on this. Missed out on it during the holidays. The $15 extra from PSN is a nice little gift as well.

Fisty

Go into safe mode and rebuild the library. I've had to do that about 6 times since the last stability update. It's getting ridiculous.

Thanks, worked. Never had that problem before... now I know why everyones been talking about having to do that. Cheers.

ksdixon

nope they don't
Terrms and Conditions state that you only get a max of $15 back

Thanks man. I guess that was greedy of me to hope for.

Still... I'm still making a killer saving on the ebay side of things by paying $40 for $50 psn credit, and $40 is only £25.90. So I'm still getting $50 psn credit for £26 money; or £100 psn credit for £52 money, since I'll be getting 2 cards.

Torraz

Can I buy this from outside the US? I actually use a US account as my main one on the PS4.

:edit: says invalid address.

Can I use any random US address?

Torraz

Adding a fake US address to the ebay account seems to work!

Can anyone confirm that these codes are indeed sent only via email?

-griffy-

Banned
I got a code successfully on the 18th but I've been getting this every attempt since then trying to get a second.

Same with me. Made sure all my info on Paypal was correct, same e-mails for Ebay and Paypal, tried mobile vs. desktop, etc. Just wouldn't go through. Frustrating.

prateeko

Man, that was super easy and then I turn around and spend a all of it to get 15 credit, that's like 35% off sale items!

yes i have bought 5 (2 last nov 3 this month) and they are all sent via email. They send you a link to the ebay website which shows the 12 digit PSN code. It doesn't mention an expiration date but all PSN codes do have them, so don't hang onto the $50 code forever.

I do wish Sony would up the wallet limit though, $150 max in your wallet sucks.

ksdixon

My buddy says that "No, I went to that link, and when I try to buy it, it gives me an error. It says the items are not availabele"?

ksdixon

what the hell the option to check-out using credit card has disappeared, leaving only the non-working paypal checkout options.

ekgrey

dammit, same here. i was trying to grab some for a non-US GAFfer. so do we think they're just sold out but haven't pulled the page or something? any other ideas?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Anyone received their code yet? I just completed a purchase but it says it'll arrive in a week. For a digital code. Via email.

WarWolf

I was finally successful buying my second code. The issue seems to be an automated security measure and if you talk to customer service they should be able to fix it for you.

I contacted the seller first, then he directed me to PayPal. PayPal customer service responded within minutes of each e-mail I sent.

Thanks, contacted Paypal and they fixed it so I was able to purchase. Just checked on that $15 back promo though and it ended yesterday :(.

So I bought two, then clicked on the link in the email they sent, but the webpage is really disjointed and crazy looking and I can't get my code. This is also the case with the entire Paypal Gifts site, anyone know this issue?

Edit: I was able to get the code by viewing the page's source code. That was weird.

Top Bottom