• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$50 PSN cards for $40 on Ebay, limited quantities

Sanke__

SWEET
Can't believe they came back
Just bought 2
Shame the max isn't 3 to get the full 150 max PSN wallet
Love that going all digital makes these such an easy buy

Thanks for the tip! Just got two with no issues.

Now, I already bought Life is Strange and $30 in Rocksmith DLC I'm the last few days (before the deal eligibility, lucky me) and I have everything else I could think of that I'd want... I don't want to miss out on the extra $15, but I don't want to spend even more money for a negligible amount like that.

If only they would go back to the free $10 for spending $50 or even $60 days.

micah

Yeah there is something a bit janky with it; it kept giving me errors when attempting to purchase till I created a whole new paypal account.

KingV

i haven't ordered any though...

huh...can you explain this part?

Sure. I bought two cards at a discount around Black Friday/Cyber Monday in one transaction. Then I bought one Card at a discount yesterday. I would like to buy 1-2 more, but now it won't let me, presumably because of the two past transactions. I sent a seller question to see if they can lift the limit. It might be fraud prevention

Holy shit the code showed up already.

Much improvement from how it was back in November.

Only weird thing is I only bought one back then, and I can't buy my second one with my original account, had to use a friends to get this one.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Seems sold out, won't let me buy 1 (or 2 for that matter).

I haven't bought anything from them previously.

think there is something wrong with paypal at the moment. people on CAG keep posting they are able to buy...while some of us keep getting errors when trying to complete the transaction...ugh

ebay - why you suck so much?

otOjP2v.png

Awesome, I was just about to order one with my original account using the Paypal app.

Everything worked fine, no errors, so if you've got an Android phone give it a shot!

Hypron

I preordered Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 for a total of NZ$128 thanks to this promotion.

Meanwhile, at EB games:
1424418045-bb.png

1424418045-tw3.png

Considering I'll also get a US$15 voucher for spending $100 on the PSN store it's a pretty good deal I reckon.

Normally I'd pass, but ten free dollars is good. I'll probably buy Sweet Fuse, and save the rest. That way I won't have to buy store cards whenever a good sale occurs. Plus, I'll probably have enough for Project Scissors: Nightcry provided I don't buy a lot until then.

nOoblet16

I just created a US paypal account a couple of months ago because of that. I can use my NZ credit card with it, it's really handy.

Not possible to do because it needs a US billing address while linking your card, as well as a U|s phone number to activate your account. I tried to use one but because that's not my card's billing address it was rejected.

Derpyduck

Banned
My PSN account has too much credit in already to add more to it. If someone who can't get anymore codes wants my two, I'll trade them for 90 in Amazon US credit.

zychi

Banned
can't get it to work. paypal says it can't use paypal for this merchant. won't let me add a credit card either. what the fuck

Demoskinos

isn't the get 15 back for 100 spent bonus only on paypal purchase directly through the store?

Its any funds spent from your wallet. Even when you purchase stuff directly with a credit card it funds your wallet the amount of your purchase then removes it from your wallet. If you have e-mail notifications turned on you'll actually get two confirmation emails when you use a CC on PSN. One for the actual purchase and one for funding your wallet for said amount of purchase.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yuck i sent 40 bucks to my US paypal account and i got like 38$ thanks to the fucking paypal fees, i issued a full refund because fuck that shit :/ Damn is there no other way?

DeMeester

I'm really interested in this deal as well, but since I'm from Europe I can't buy the cards myself. I could transfer money from my EU paypal account in exchange for 2 50$ codes if someone is up for it?

Scratch that. I've already found someone selling US PSN credit via BST thread :).

Yuck i sent 40 bucks to my US paypal account and i got like 38$ thanks to the fucking paypal fees, i issued a full refund because fuck that shit :/ Damn is there no other way?

Yes this is the only problem with the Europeans making a US Paypal method. Sorry I didn't mention it.

But hey if you go through with it you'll still end up making a decent saving.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yes this is the only problem with the Europeans making a US Paypal method. Sorry I didn't mention it.

But hey if you go through with it you'll still end up making a decent saving.

Yeah you can save but I have to fucking calculate the paypal fees so that i can end up at exactly 40 bucks, fuck that shit man. I really hate not knowing someone trustworthy from the USA so that they could help me, i can pay with amazon gift cards because screw paypal.

wilflare

you can try buying an eBay gift card from Gyft.com and redeem it while trying to check out with your US PayPal I think.

I'm trying to purchase one to see how it goes... but it seems like it takes forever...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
you can try buying an eBay gift card from Gyft.com and redeem it while trying to check out with your US PayPal I think.

I'm trying to purchase one to see how it goes... but it seems like it takes forever...

That's interesting i knew about that sit but i didn't the know the paypal interaction, thanks. I'm going to work now let me know if it that works,

zychi

Banned
Try it on the eBay app or your phone's web browser, people have been having more luck that way.

no payment methods show up on the app or web browser. its weird.

mobile browsers freeze when i login to paypal at checkout. wtf

e: refresh refresh got it to go through. used safari on an iPhone 6+ if this ends up helping anyone.

Yeah you can save but I have to fucking calculate the paypal fees so that i can end up at exactly 40 bucks, fuck that shit man. I really hate not knowing someone trustworthy from the USA so that they could help me, i can pay with amazon gift cards because screw paypal.

What do you mean by calculate the fees?

You just put the figure you want to send in and then Paypal spits out how much it will cost on top right? So for example you put in $40 and it tells you it'll cost $42 to send?

Shai-Tan

Banned
It won't let me buy it because I have a Canadian address :( My PSN account is US damnit. Can I just make up an address for this purchase?

edit: oh, nevermind "This recipient does not accept payments from non-U.S. PayPal accounts." if I had one of those I'd just be loading money on psn directly :/

I preordered Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 for a total of NZ$128 thanks to this promotion.

Meanwhile, at EB games:
1424418045-bb.png

1424418045-tw3.png

Considering I'll also get a US$15 voucher for spending $100 on the PSN store it's a pretty good deal I reckon.

Same games I pre ordered. I didn't particularly want Witcher 3 but my brother does (we share an account) and I'm sure I'll like it if I ever get around to putting the time into it. Plus it's 10% off currently to begin with so kind of hard to pass it up.

Good deal.

Dingotech

Can I get some help from an expert on Paypal.
I've setup a US Paypal account and sent $80US to it to purchase a couple of these codes.

On checkout from eBay I try to login to my Paypal but it wants to Verify the Security on my account via a mobile phone...
Now the website doesn't recognise my Australian mobile number so I can't get a text... How can I skip this step so I can send the payment?

EDIT - Stuff it, just transferred the funds directly to my PSN account instead.

Top Bottom