• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$500 cans on, this is how you dream right - Official Headphone Thread

purg3

slept with Malkin
Need some advice, looking for a good set of headphones for not only music but other media and games. Condo living sucks for having any type of home theater, especially during the evening. Budget would be around $400 for the headphones, will be using a receiver to power them for now. So looking for something that would be good all around. Also, I wear glasses so comfort for extended periods is a must. Based on reading the thread, I've come down to these models, unless someone can recommend something better in that price range.

sennheiser HD 650
AKG 701/702
Denon AH-D2000

Recon

Banned
Got the Sony MDRV6's today(still waiting on the amp) and so far the biggest thing I've noticed from listening to both the V6 and the MDR7505, is that the volume for the V6 seems to be much lower than the 7505 and the bass seems to be less as well. At the same time the bass feels as if it's much more accurate to the source material, and I feel as if the highs are better on the V6 as well. Because of the volume reduction I feel like when I crank up the volume on the V6 everything sounds better and more up front, rather than the 7505 where it still sounds good, but slightly more muddy in comparison. Maybe I'm just crazy. Can anyone who has had experience with both confirm or deny this evaluation?

Oh and how much of an increase in quality can I expect with the E6 amp?

Is a amp even needed with MDRV6's? I use my MDR-7506 without one and its fine, sounds great.

Ashhong

You mean, if you want overblown, muddy, detail-less bass get the Beats.

Hey I said overwhelming...

I listened to the beats before I ever knew about anything regarding headphones. I was blown away by the bass. Got the M50s and have been let down by the bass ever since. Maybe its more detailed, but as a self proclaimed bass crackhead, more is better for me.

Headphone GAF, I like to lay in bed on my side with my headphones on late at night. Unfortunately this leads to my headsets (traditionally I bought headsets w/ microphone rather than just headphones, because I wanted them to use in gaming) not lasting very long. Now that I have some cash to spare, I'd like to invest in something that might actually last a while in this capacity.

Headphones, specifically, may not be ideal, but my PC tower sits a fair distance from my bed, so earphone cords have not reached far enough in my experience. I'd also like to spend under 100 AUD (AusGaf here). Sound quality is nice, but I'm a plebe who will put up with shit sound if it's reliable and not too pricey.

Any advice?

dmshaposv

Gaf, I need some good closed headphones for recording/checking sound levels for filming.

I'm thinking of Sennheiser HD380 pro (Looks nice and solid) or HD 25 (they seem to be highly recommended but felt flimsy to me)

What should I go with? My requirements are good sound isolation, flat sound (not too bass heavy), coiled replaceable cable (so HD280 is out of the question and the like).

[Other recommendations are also welcome suiting the above criteria]

1stStrike

Banned
Need some advice, looking for a good set of headphones for not only music but other media and games. Condo living sucks for having any type of home theater, especially during the evening. Budget would be around $400 for the headphones, will be using a receiver to power them for now. So looking for something that would be good all around. Also, I wear glasses so comfort for extended periods is a must. Based on reading the thread, I've come down to these models, unless someone can recommend something better in that price range.

sennheiser HD 650
AKG 701/702
Denon AH-D2000

Get the Denon D2000's. They're closed headphones, but I've used them for both gaming and music, and they work great. I upgraded to the D7000's just because of how awesome those headphones were (and also because I'm clumsy and kept dropping them by accident until they broke...)

LordCanti

Headphone GAF, I like to lay in bed on my side with my headphones on late at night. Unfortunately this leads to my headsets (traditionally I bought headsets w/ microphone rather than just headphones, because I wanted them to use in gaming) not lasting very long. Now that I have some cash to spare, I'd like to invest in something that might actually last a while in this capacity.

Headphones, specifically, may not be ideal, but my PC tower sits a fair distance from my bed, so earphone cords have not reached far enough in my experience. I'd also like to spend under 100 AUD (AusGaf here). Sound quality is nice, but I'm a plebe who will put up with shit sound if it's reliable and not too pricey.

Any advice?

I'd suggest a pair of IEM's, and a cable extension like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012MMW7E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you don't like things in your ears, a pair of earbuds could be in order, if they actually stay in your ears (some people have better luck with this than others).

I think you'd just keep breaking any additional sets of headphones.

1stStrike

Banned
I'd suggest a pair of IEM's, and a cable extension like this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012MMW7E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you don't like things in your ears, a pair of earbuds could be in order, if they actually stay in your ears (some people have better luck with this than others).

I suppose if he really wants a pair of headphones that will last he can just pick up these.

Get the Denon D2000's. They're closed headphones, but I've used them for both gaming and music, and they work great. I upgraded to the D7000's just because of how awesome those headphones were (and also because I'm clumsy and kept dropping them by accident until they broke...)

+1 on the D2000's. Just got my brother a pair for Christmas.

LordCanti

I suppose if he really wants a pair of headphones that will last he can just pick up these.

Silicone tips for a pair of IEM's would be perfect for his use scenario, but they don't fit his budget.

Those are pretty sexy though, I have to admit. I might get carbon fiber shells when I have my TF10's reshelled.

squidyj

So I've fallen behind in my research and tab-keeping on sweet cans. Any recommendations for an open set around $200 and another around $300? Go big or go home.

LordCanti

So I've fallen behind in my research and tab-keeping on sweet cans. Any recommendations for an open set around $200 and another around $300? Go big or go home.

AKG K701, Sennheiser HD600, Beyerdynamic DT-770/DT-880, the list goes on. What type of music?

(I'm in the process of abandoning full headphones for a pair of custom IEM's, as you'll surely remember from that night we played the mode that musn't be named :p)

It should have been so obvious, but it never even occurred to me that 3.5" extension cables existed. Regarding IEM's, what's the go? Would something like this be worth the price tag, or should I just get some el cheapo IEMs for 20 bucks? (Website chosen because it's a store close to me).

LordCanti

It should have been so obvious, but it never even occurred to me that 3.5" extension cables existed. Regarding IEM's, what's the go? Would something like this be worth the price tag, or should I just get some el cheapo IEMs for 20 bucks? (Website chosen because it's a store close to me).

Unless $90 Aussie dollars is like $30 American dollars, no. Honestly, I have no idea about what costs what in Australia.

An el cheapo might not be bad, just so you can make sure that IEM's won't be uncomfortable on your ears. Depends how el cheapo though.

Shaneus

Or you could go here and buy these which, after a shitload of research, seem to be pretty damn good. Moreso, considering the price. I have some on order as we speak.

RayStorm

I'd say you have a lot of acclimating to get used to [...] That's half of the equation, the other half is getting used to an entirely different sound signature.

[...]When I first put them on, I was grossly underwhelmed, I understood that they were polarizing upon first listen, but they shocked even me. How could phones costing $300+ sound so much worse than the $150 phones I was using before? I knew what I was in for, and it surprised even me. As time went on, I learned to appreciate the way the SM3 presented sound to me, and I honestly can not go back to any of the other phones I've got. [...] One thing is for sure, they FOR SURE do NOT sound ANYTHING like the EP-630. Just give it some time.

Thank you, you are probably right and it just takes some time getting used to the TF10. I kind of notice this with the AH-D5000 as well, I like them more and more each time I listen.
In fact it might be the first time in my life I really look forward to listening to my music and rue every second I’m away from home.
The clarity, the sound stage, it’s just phenomenal for me. If only I could wear them while lying down in bed without fear of falling asleep and doing harmful things to them.

It probably was foolish to expect similar sound projection from the TF10, wasn’t it? I understand that IEMs can’t provide the same roomlyness that closed headphones can, still I hoped for more than I can discern right now.

ElyrionX

Had an opportunity to do some quick auditions of the D2000, D5000 and D7000 over the past two days. Some quick impressions:

Very bassy. D7000 is a significant step up above the D2000 and the bass on it is a lot more refined and detailed. The bass comes through in layers unlike the D2000 which just pounds non-stop. D5000 sits in the middle and doesn't seem to offer enough to justify the price difference over the D2000. As for the D2000, it's great value but at that price point, I'd rather have the DT-990 where the bass is slightly more controlled and where the highs are that much more sparkly. On the whole, they're really good headphones but the bass dominates too much of the sound, IMO. I wouldn't mind owning the D7000 to diversify my collection a little down the road though.

LCfiner

Had an opportunity to do some quick auditions of the D2000, D5000 and D7000 over the past two days. Some quick impressions:

Very bassy. D7000 is a significant step up above the D2000 and the bass on it is a lot more refined and detailed. The bass comes through in layers unlike the D2000 which just pounds non-stop. D5000 sits in the middle and doesn't seem to offer enough to justify the price difference over the D2000. As for the D2000, it's great value but at that price point, I'd rather have the DT-990 where the bass is slightly more controlled and where the highs are that much more sparkly. On the whole, they're really good headphones but the bass dominates too much of the sound, IMO. I wouldn't mind owning the D7000 to diversify my collection a little down the road though.

if you do look into getting one of these down the road, seriously consider a "markl" modified D"X"000. I had a Markl modified D5000 a few months ago and the bass is really tight, but still with tons of impact and it brings out the mids a lot more than the stock D5000.

the mods puts some dynamat on the driver and cups to tone down resonances. it works wonders. there re other versions that replace the cups and add fancy-ass cabling but the dynamat alone is enough to shake up the sound and it won't cost a fortune.

3N16MA

Banned
Another one from slickdeals: Use coupon code ZKGYLEBT and use a MasterCard as payment to get $10 off $100 in electronics and a future $10 off $50 on Amazon. M50's are $114.99 right now (out of stock but can be ordered). Use the code and MasterCard and get the M50's for $104.99.

TheExodu5

Banned
Asus has a new DAC/Amp:

http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_Essence_One/

Very interesting, though too much of a gamble for me to consider (it's $600). Seems very solid, feature wise.

Anyone hear it yet?

sennheiser HD 650
AKG 701/702
Denon AH-D2000

It's all personal preference. I find the D2000 way too boomy, and the HD 650 veiled. I found the AKG K701 sounded amazing, but they're definitely not bassy headphones. The soundstage was incredible. Surprisingly, these have been my favorite gaming headphones. Although the headphones are very light and pretty comfortable overall, the silly tabs on the top band made them more uncomfortable than they shoudl have been. With a tiny bit of velour, they would have been great.

Asus has a new DAC/Amp:

Very interesting, though too much of a gamble for me to consider (it's $600). Seems very solid, feature wise.

Anyone hear it yet?

interesting. good size too. 10" wide, 2.6" tall? I might pick one up from Amazon to see how it is.

edit: energy doesn't seem to positive around it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/542563/asus-essence-one-headphone-amp-dac-cebit-2011/345

edit: more reading; may be good. I'll be looking for some pro reviews.

edit 2: even stronger review - http://soundnews.ro/2011/09/09/asus-xonar-essence-one-review-english-version/

I'll jump when Amazon themselves stock it. I like the safety of a good return policy if I'm not happy.

sennheiser HD 650
AKG 701/702
Denon AH-D2000

I have all 3 of these...I'll post some more detailed descriptions in a little bit but for comfort I would rank them.

1.Denon
2.Senns
3. AKG

For sound I would say

1. AKG
2. Senns
3.Denon

Clydefrog

Thinking about making my first 'expensive headphones' purchase: the Sennheiser HD 558. I'll use it on my computer mainly for gaming and listening to music. Only other place I'd use it would be on the plane, but if it's open ear then it might not be that useful on the plane to suppress outside noise, etc.

Plan to use this in conjunction with my Creative X-fi sound card and its neat CMSS-3D feature to emulate surround sound.

Sound good?

It's $143 on Amazon right now; I could take advantage of the $10 off $100 using my Mastercard.

3N16MA

Banned
Thinking about making my first 'expensive headphones' purchase: the Sennheiser HD 558. I'll use it on my computer mainly for gaming and listening to music. Only other place I'd use it would be on the plane, but if it's open ear then it might not be that useful on the plane to suppress outside noise, etc.

Plan to use this in conjunction with my Creative X-fi sound card and its neat CMSS-3D feature to emulate surround sound.

Sound good?

It's $143 on Amazon right now; I could take advantage of the $10 off $100 using my Mastercard.

The HD598 was around $178 not too long ago on Amazon and I believe the HD558 has been cheaper. Prices on Amazon fluctuate a lot when it comes to these two models as it did with the HD555 and HD595 before it.

I have all 3 of these...I'll post some more detailed descriptions in a little bit but for comfort I would rank them.

1.Denon
2.Senns
3. AKG

For sound I would say

1. AKG
2. Senns
3.Denon

Alright, back with a full review of each.

I haven't listened to the Denons in a while, and my room mate is currently borrowing them, so I'll be going from memory on those, but I remember exactly what my problems with them were.

I'll start with them, in any case.

D-2000

First off, these are the most luxurious feeling headphones of the three. They are extraordinarily comfortable and if you're looking for headphones that will "WOW" your non-audiophile friends when they try them, these are definitely the ones. They look and feel the part of a high end peice of audio equipment. They are however quite delicate, and many people break theirs by dropping them from only a couple feet.

Unfortunately the sound quality, while very good, falls short of the other two. They have problems in the bass, mids, and treble. The bass is plentiful. Probably too plentiful, but that is a matter of taste. Unfortunately it's a bit out of control. Thick bass lines on recorded music lack detail and bass hits in electronic music tends to crowd out the mids. The mids themselves are mostly okay, but recessed. They have an almost 'scooped' sound to them. This brings the bass out even more, and unfortunately brings the highs out as well. The highs are where the D-2000s struggle the most. They are quite sibilant. Shockingly so for such a bass heavy headphone. Vocals sound flat out artificial on them. Vocals are where they suffer the most.

Because of the scooped sound they are very 'fun' headphones though. This makes them great for games with lots of explosions. It also makes them more impressive to less discerning ears. They do one thing quite well though, especially for a closed headphone. Imaging. Not sound staging, they tend to sound fairly close, but sounds are quite well seperated within a fairly narrow sound stage.

All in all they're a very good headphone, they just dont stand up to the other two sonically.

HD650

These sit comfortably in the middle in terms of out of the box comfort (more on what i mean by that in the AKG section). They have the tightest squeeze of the three, but thats never bothered me much (I wear glasses as well). The ear cups are soft Velour and feel nice on the ears. These have very solid construnction, much more so than the D2000 and the AKG. These are the ones I worry least about breaking.

Sonically they seem similar to the D2000 at first but the more you listen the more you realise how much more control these have over the bass and how much less irritating the treble is. The highest frequencies are definitely rolled off, which some dislike, but to me it leads to a more laid back listening experience. They're not nonexistant at all, it just sounds sortof like someone pulled a tweeter a little farther away. The bass is not nearly as thick as the D2000, however it is *much* more detailed. Subtle textures in recorded basslines are actually audible on these, unlike the the D2000.

Soundstage is not large, though it's slightly larger than the D2000. Imaging is rather poor on these, however (compared to the D2000 and AKG). It's been described as "blobby", in that you have 3 regions around the head where all sounds seem to eminate from, and I would say that's fairly accurate. The controlled lows and rolled off highs make these ideal for heavy metal though. If that is your genre of choice, these are the headphones to get. They relax the typically over present highs of poorly recorded distorted guitars while providing enough detail to let sounds filter through the distortion as they should.

AKG K701

These are my go to headphones for most things. They have a VERY light squeeze, so they don't bother glasses. The earcups are less soft than the others though. The light squeeze tends to keep that from being a problem however. The only comfort problem they have is that the headband across the top tends to have a very small contact patch with your head, pressing down into a small space on the very top. Without addressing this, it means that after an hour or so the top of your head will itch. This is pretty easily fixed by stuffing a couple socks up there, but its a nuisance that could've and should've been easily remedied.

Sonically these are the most articulate and detailed headphones I've heard. You will hear EVERYTHING. They don't have the bass extension of the other two, however they often fool you in that regard because the bass is so clearly seperated from other frequencies that it feels like the bass impact is quite strong. I like Bass, and I don't find it lacking in these at all. Highs are very present but not sibilant. They have some of the sparkliest clearest highs I've ever heard. If you do any sort of mixing or audio editing, these are the headphones to use. You will hear every problem in your mix clear as day. Because of this, DO NOT get these if you're main genre of music is heavy metal. For shits and giggles I just tried loading up Children of Bodom's "Follow the Reaper" and almost immediately had to turn it off because the buzzing guitars were flat out painful to listen to. Turning down the volume helps some, but metal is just better on the Sennheisers. Where these shine most is in the imaging and soundstaging. You're just surrounded by sound when wearing them. The soundstage is huge, imaging is everywhere, and distance and location are easily discernable through them. Anything with subtlety (and a lack of poorly recorded 'metal' guitars) sounds substantially better through this than either of the other two. For my ears it's honestly not even close.

One 'issue' with the K701 is that the performance is surprisingly highly dependent on how you place them on your head. I find that I get the best staging and imaging with the headphones pushed somewhat forward so the speaker center is nearer the front of my ear.

So to sum it up:

D-2000
+Extraordinarily Comfortable
+Has a very high feel to it
+Very fun sound
+Did i mention how comfortable it is?
-Boomy, unrefined bass
-sucked out mids
-sibilant highs

HD650
+Good comfort
+Nice, pleasing, relaxed sound
+Excellent Bass detail
-rolled off highs mean subtle details can be hard to hear

AKG K701
+Most detailed
+Incredibly revealing sound
+Comfortable when modded
+Largest sound stage
+Best imaging
-Odd ergonomic issues without 'sock mod'
-most natural way to put on head is not the best sonically.
-some less well recorded albums are nearly unlistenable at anything other than low volume

I'll be happy to answer any questions on those as well as the ATH M50, Ultimate Ears Triple.FI 10, and the Klipsch X10, as I have all of them close at hand and can do comparisons if you need.

LordCanti

Asus has a new DAC/Amp:

Anyone hear it yet?

It's all personal preference. I find the D2000 way too boomy, and the HD 650 veiled. I found the AKG K701 sounded amazing, but they're definitely not bassy headphones. The soundstage was incredible. Surprisingly, these have been my favorite gaming headphones. Although the headphones are very light and pretty comfortable overall, the silly tabs on the top band made them more uncomfortable than they shoudl have been. With a tiny bit of velour, they would have been great.

My K701's hurt my head as well, and make me not want to wear them as often. It's a shame really, because they're fantastic sounding cans, but those bumps are so painful.

$600 seems like a good price for a balanced DAC/AMP combo, but I don't have the balanced headphones to test it out, or the $600 to buy it anyway :p That's kind of an odd market for Asus to try to get into, because it's a very high end luxury item from a company that is usually more mass market oriented.

Clydefrog

The HD598 was around $178 not too long ago on Amazon and I believe the HD558 has been cheaper. Prices on Amazon fluctuate a lot when it comes to these two models as it did with the HD555 and HD595 before it.

Woah, Newegg has the HD 598 for $181. I could use my $40 off coupon for Newegg and get it for $141 :O

edit: but it's currently out of stock. boo

is the 598 step up in quality worth the price increase from the 558?

Alucrid

Banned
Asus has a new DAC/Amp:

Anyone hear it yet?

Eh. Could probably do better, especially if you try shopping the used market.

My K701's hurt my head as well, and make me not want to wear them as often. It's a shame really, because they're fantastic sounding cans, but those bumps are so painful.

$600 seems like a good price for a balanced DAC/AMP combo, but I don't have the balanced headphones to test it out, or the $600 to buy it anyway :p That's kind of an odd market for Asus to try to get into, because it's a very high end luxury item from a company that is usually more mass market oriented.

Well they do make higher tiered soundcards (granted I don't think any of them really reach $600), but it doesn't seem too off base.

What's your source and amp when you reviewed the 3 (D2000, K701, HD650)?

Usually a Zero Amp/DAC, i've tried it with one of Fiio's amps though...cant remember which...i'd have to dig it out of my closet. I rip all of my music as lossless so either that or DVD audio for what I have in DVD-A form.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd totally consider Ultrasone Pro 900 as well (if you like nice punchy bass). I haven't personally heard them, but I adore my HFI 580. If only they were a bit more comfortable...

Ultrasones create nice spacious sound, and they are incredibly fun. Tons of energy and they do very well with gaming, electronic, and rock.

I wish there was somewhere I could audition the Pro 900 myself.

dmshaposv

Gaf, I need some good closed headphones for recording/checking sound levels for filming.

I'm thinking of Sennheiser HD380 pro (Looks nice and solid) or HD 25 (they seem to be highly recommended but felt flimsy to me)

What should I go with? My requirements are good sound isolation, flat sound (not too bass heavy), coiled replaceable cable (so HD280 is out of the question and the like).

Anyone?

Amazon has some Lightning Deals today that might be of interest:

10:15 AM EST Sennheiser IE6 Dynamic In-Ear Headphones
12:15 PM EST Sennheiser HD 600 Open Dynamic Hi-Fi Professional Stereo Headphones
1:15 PM EST Phiaton MS 400 Premium Headphones
3:15 PM EST Sennheiser CX 880 Noise-Isolating Premium Earbuds
4:15 PM EST Sennheiser PX 200 II
6:15 PM EST JBuds J4 Rugged Metal In-Ear Earbuds

You can check out more here. Just sort by Electronics

Malvolio

I personally use Shure SRH840's for my monitoring. They fit all of your requirements and are durable as hell which helps if you do a lot of on site recording. They also sound pretty good for casual music listening. They do take a while to break in though. Took me about a month of use before I could wear them for more than an hour or two. After two years I still love them and feel no need to look at anything else when it comes to closed cans.

dmshaposv

I personally use Shure SRH840's for my monitoring. They fit all of your requirements and are durable as hell which helps if you do a lot of on site recording. They also sound pretty good for casual music listening. They do take a while to break in though. Took me about a month of use before I could wear them for more than an hour or two. After two years I still love them and feel no need to look at anything else when it comes to closed cans.

Funny you mention them, I spotted these in my store today and they looked snazzy. Liked the detachable cable lock system going and the size/look/portability is exactly what I was looking for.

SRH440 or SRH840? 840s are double the price but are they really double the performance or I'm paying more for better design/build quality?

Also are both noise cancelling or just the 840s? They are both closed but I didn't see any specific mention of noise canceling on the 440s, unlike the 840s.

kevm3

Hey I said overwhelming...

I listened to the beats before I ever knew about anything regarding headphones. I was blown away by the bass. Got the M50s and have been let down by the bass ever since. Maybe its more detailed, but as a self proclaimed bass crackhead, more is better for me.

That's this thing about the whole sound thing. When it comes down, you have to get what YOU like. All of the audiophiles will dump on the beats, but if you love the sound signature, best thing to do is ignore what they say and go for it. A sound signature you like is the MOST important thing about headphones or speakers.

Stubo

Amazon has some Lightning Deals today that might be of interest:

10:15 AM EST Sennheiser IE6 Dynamic In-Ear Headphones
12:15 PM EST Sennheiser HD 600 Open Dynamic Hi-Fi Professional Stereo Headphones
1:15 PM EST Phiaton MS 400 Premium Headphones
3:15 PM EST Sennheiser CX 880 Noise-Isolating Premium Earbuds
4:15 PM EST Sennheiser PX 200 II
6:15 PM EST JBuds J4 Rugged Metal In-Ear Earbuds

You can check out more here. Just sort by Electronics
Why can't Amazon UK do sales on these things :(

TheExodu5

Banned
That's this thing about the whole sound thing. When it comes down, you have to get what YOU like. All of the audiophiles will dump on the beats, but if you love the sound signature, best thing to do is ignore what they say and go for it. A sound signature you like is the MOST important thing about headphones or speakers.

Pretty much.

But as for audiophile basshead headphones, I'd definitely recommend you check out the Ultrasone line. The HFI 580 are great on the cheap, but if you're spending some more cash, the Pro 900 are supposed to have amazing and powerful bass.

Malvolio

Funny you mention them, I spotted these in my store today and they looked snazzy. Liked the detachable cable lock system going and the size/look/portability is exactly what I was looking for.

SRH440 or SRH840? 840s are double the price but are they really double the performance or I'm paying more for better design/build quality?

Also are both noise cancelling or just the 840s? They are both closed but I didn't see any specific mention of noise canceling on the 440s, unlike the 840s.

The 440's and 840's are pretty similar. If you are just looking for solely monitoring I think you can get by with just the 440's. Although I would recommend picking up the ear pads that come with the 840's. They are available on Amazon for around $15. They are a bit more comfortable for extended use and will fit on the 440's. If you also plan on using the headphones for music listening I would suggest stepping up to the 840's. I found their midrange to be a noticeable upgrade from the 440's.

Neither set are noise cancelling, but both pairs have such a good fit that they suppress most outside noise. There is very little leakage either from incoming our outgoing noise. I will warn you though that they are big. I know you said you saw them, but they are not suitable for casual walking around listening, unless you don't mind the occasional stare. I personally use IEM's while on the go and turn to the 840's for monitoring and at home use.

Top Bottom