• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$500 cans on, this is how you dream right - Official Headphone Thread

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey guys--I'm in need of some help.

I've been sifting through this great thread as I'm looking to pick up a new pair of buds/iems to replace the stock ass apple ones I have now. I've kind of narrowed my choices down to either the Shure SE 215 or the Thinksound ms-01

Mainly, I'm looking for something super comfortable, as I'd use them all day at work and then at the gym at night. My price range is around 100 but a little more would be alright too, if they're quality.

Any other recommendations and any help would be much appreciated!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Hi Phone-GAF,

my AIAIAI TMA-1 cable seems to be on its way out and since they don't sell them separately I wondered if anyone can recommend something, preferably with iDevice compatible remote. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Contact AIAIAI directly, and they'll sell you a new cable.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The HiSoundAudio Crystal would also be awesome and are quite similar to the other two, but I think best them a tiny bit in clarity, but you'd have to get them off of ebay.

Edit: Actually you can find them here

Thanks for the suggestion, dude. It looks like that pair isn't available right now and the shipping's based out of Australia, so getting them to Brooklyn may be shitty. Think I'm gonna go with the Thinksounds!

I'm definitely a Beyer-man, so I guess I was predestined to go the T1 route. I pretty much just tried reading up on all I could find of 'versus comparisons', of which the 800 and T1 are often pitted against each other. With it being hard to find some place to try other headphones, it did sort of come down to 800 or T1. So I can't say I did an exhaustive search for headphones within the range. But it would also probably mean, if they were a smaller company, that it'd would've been hard to find in Tokyo.

I like neutral. My first priority is a transparent setup. The DAC and amp are very, very transparent, so then I'll know what that is. If I start by moving into a world of interharmonics and lots of distortion, like a tube-amp or otherwise perhaps "built by ear" would give certain biases on what to expect from a setup. This way, I'll get adjusted to what neutral is, and I can relate to the 'imperfections' in a different way.

The T1 seemed to be the perfect fit. I already trust Beyer to go for neutral, and it seems the field where the 800 has an advantage is soundstage. Maybe one day? Or maybe something completely different?

man, stop hyping up your setup. Your gonna make me jealous, and then make a wallet whip out, and then make a bank account suffer. Then when that man is old, he'll die of starvation because he didn't save up enough money. All because of you!

Looks like I'm going back to headphones again after months of using a pair of ear buds. Probably because it feels weird using ear buds when I don't have to in my room. I also miss how comfortable real cans are.

So, yep, suggestions time again.

• NO USB-ONLY HEADPHONES. I'm going to use this with my Nintendo 3DS as well as my laptop. Don't worry about my smartphone, as I'll be using my ear buds for that.
  • Try not to get the budget be over USD 160, and preferably under 120.
  • Give as many suggestions as you can, as I won't be importing this time around. It doesn't matter how good a set is if it's unobtainable.
  • Try to prioritize comfort and durability. A removable cord and/or a real carrying case is a great thing.
  • I'm not exactly looking for headphones with strong bass, but I probably wouldn't mind headphones that are bass-oriented if everything else doesn't suffer.

Nekrono

Ok GAF I need some help.

I'm about to step into the audiophile world, probably at an entry level but still. The main use that I will give the Headphones will be gaming and especially virtual surround gaming which if I understand correctly the best choice would be going with Dolby Headphone technology.

Now, the Headphone that I've set my eyes on right now is the Sennheiser HD598 followed closely by the Audio Technica ATH AD9000, the reasons behind these models is audio positioning, I want to be able to tell where the enemies are in my surrounding with just audio and these two paired up with Dolby Headphone seem to be fantastic at it without giving up much of the Bass, Mids, etc, which is good because I will also use them for music and movie playback. Any recommendation/advice regarding these Headphones or this setup is well appreciated.

Now this is were I start getting lost and could really use some help :(

I hear all this talk about DAC's, AMP's, Sound Cards, etc, and I'm not sure what I need exactly for what I primarly want to do which is audio positioning and great surround sound during games mainly, not just shooters or competitive but single player experiences as well.

I've read a bit and this is what I've found so far, please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) -DAC's: Mainly used to "clean up" the original signal, especially useful when there is noise, etc, during playback.

From the sound of it seems like I don't really need this to accomplish my goal, I have this motherboard and most modern motherboards already have a pretty decent DAC and with the optical output that has I shouldn't have any problems getting a "clean" signal output. Correct, yes, no?

2) -AMP's: Used to "amplify" the signal, also provides more voltage to be delivered to the Headphone for those that have high impediance (80 ohms+ ?). That's the main use from what I read but I'm confused as to If I need one or not, I see a lot of comments saying that most people won't even benefit at all, or that it doesn't change the sound but then I read others say that It really changes the sound of the headphone for the better especially the HD 598, again, really confused here and I don't know If I should get one or not.

3) -Sound Cards: I guess this is my main question since it seems to be the defining factor to my ultimate goal... virtual surround. From what I understand most DAC's or AMP's are useless for this since they do not have a DPS, which is the "processor" that handles the signal and has the ability to modify or change it's properties like transforming it into Dolby Headphone (assuming the sound card is certified). Now I've read that some AMP's do offer this "feature" like the Astro Mixamp or the JVC SU-DH1 (which doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere now), the great thing from these AMP's is that they are compatible with consoles which even though I'm a PC gamer would be a great benefit to have I must admit.

I'm not sure if I should get one of these (maybe you guys can recommend a better AMP with these features) or if I should get a soundcard. I saw a lot of people recommending the ASUS Xonar Essence STX which at $179.99 is over my budget for a soundcard/amp. I did notice that ASUS has other sound cards like the Xonar D1 or the Xonar DG which come at a lower price, my question is... would I be sacrificing a lot by going with these lower tier cards or will it not make a difference since my only interest is getting a device that's Dobly Headphone compatible and these cards all have it? Will I have the same virtual surround experience regarding the device as long as it's Dolby Headphone certified?

I know it's a long read but I tried to make it as clear as possible, again I'm new at this and this is what I've come up with before asking for help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

poweld

Ok GAF I need some help.
*snip*

Short response, but a DAC is a Digital to Analog Converter. It takes in a digital signal, usually via USB, and converts this into an analogue signal. This signal is then routed through an amplifier to boost the signal. Finally, the amplifier is given a load, such as headphones or speakers.

A sound card is simply a combination of a DAC and amplifier onto a single circuit board.

Hope this helps.

Septimius

Ok GAF I need some help.

I'm about to step into the audiophile world, probably at an entry level but still. The main use that I will give the Headphones will be gaming and especially virtual surround gaming which if I understand correctly the best choice would be going with Dolby Headphone technology.

Now, the Headphone that I've set my eyes on right now is the Sennheiser HD598 followed closely by the Audio Technica ATH AD9000, the reasons behind these models is audio positioning, I want to be able to tell where the enemies are in my surrounding with just audio and these two paired up with Dolby Headphone seem to be fantastic at it without giving up much of the Bass, Mids, etc, which is good because I will also use them for music and movie playback. Any recommendation/advice regarding these Headphones or this setup is well appreciated.

Now this is were I start getting lost and could really use some help :(

I hear all this talk about DAC's, AMP's, Sound Cards, etc, and I'm not sure what I need exactly for what I primarly want to do which is audio positioning and great surround sound during games mainly, not just shooters or competitive but single player experiences as well.

I've read a bit and this is what I've found so far, please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) -DAC's: Mainly used to "clean up" the original signal, especially useful when there is noise, etc, during playback.

From the sound of it seems like I don't really need this to accomplish my goal, I have this motherboard and most modern motherboards already have a pretty decent DAC and with the optical output that has I shouldn't have any problems getting a "clean" signal output. Correct, yes, no?

2) -AMP's: Used to "amplify" the signal, also provides more voltage to be delivered to the Headphone for those that have high impediance (80 ohms+ ?). That's the main use from what I read but I'm confused as to If I need one or not, I see a lot of comments saying that most people won't even benefit at all, or that it doesn't change the sound but then I read others say that It really changes the sound of the headphone for the better especially the HD 598, again, really confused here and I don't know If I should get one or not.

3) -Sound Cards: I guess this is my main question since it seems to be the defining factor to my ultimate goal... virtual surround. From what I understand most DAC's or AMP's are useless for this since they do not have a DPS, which is the "processor" that handles the signal and has the ability to modify or change it's properties like transforming it into Dolby Headphone (assuming the sound card is certified). Now I've read that some AMP's do offer this "feature" like the Astro Mixamp or the JVC SU-DH1 (which doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere now), the great thing from these AMP's is that they are compatible with consoles which even though I'm a PC gamer would be a great benefit to have I must admit.

I'm not sure if I should get one of these (maybe you guys can recommend a better AMP with these features) or if I should get a soundcard. I saw a lot of people recommending the ASUS Xonar Essence STX which at $179.99 is over my budget for a soundcard/amp. I did notice that ASUS has other sound cards like the Xonar D1 or the Xonar DG which come at a lower price, my question is... would I be sacrificing a lot by going with these lower tier cards or will it not make a difference since my only interest is getting a device that's Dobly Headphone compatible and these cards all have it? Will I have the same virtual surround experience regarding the device as long as it's Dolby Headphone certified?

I know it's a long read but I tried to make it as clear as possible, again I'm new at this and this is what I've come up with before asking for help.

First off, surround headsets are, in my eyes, simply a waste. The absolute minimal 'surround experience' you can get from placing more speakers into headphones is minimal. Trying to stay clear of the facts, let try and look at it from a different perspective. You only have two ears, yet you can 'hear surround'. Why shouldn't two speakers close to your ears be able to do the same? The fact is, they can. Absolutely perfectly, actually.

Of course, with movies, this requires a special recording technique, where you place two microphones where your ears would be, then you play back each microphone's recording to each ear. The subtle differences in timing are the cues your ears need to figure out where things are, and the brain does the rest of the calculations.

Most games can replicate this. A safe bet is when you can, like you can with the Source engine, choose what you're listening to. If you choose headphone here, you'll get that experience. I was a rather active CS player for a while, and I was often accused of cheating, because I had pretty much perfect spatial awareness, due to using headphones. Plain headphones.

That aside, if your game can't do it, surround - is it a step up? I have a hard time thinking so. 3 speakers so close, their magnetic fields might interfere with each other, and the sound will be pretty much merely blended. There are no subtle timing differences that gives your ear the impression it's happening around you.

As already covered, when we're talking about DACs and amplifiers, we're talking about dedicated boxes that does this. This can be a good step up from an onboard soundcard, because they will be subject to all the electrical noise from inside the cabinet. DACs can usually be connected via USB, and then you get that out of your computer.

A DAC can only reproduce sound perfectly. So it's sort of a negative scale, where more minus points means it's doing more bad things with the sound. An amplifier is, as you say, for more power. This does not always mean more voltage, but we're getting technical again. Also, impedance is not a measurement for how easy headphones are to drive. That means that 30 ohm headphones will sound louder than other 30 ohm headphones on the same volume setting, so there's no threshold for when you need an amplifier to get enough power.

But power isn't everything. A good amp has low input impedance and high output impedance. We're staying away from technicalities, still, but this means better control of the bass. And they can be better at simply the amplifying itself. The amplifier in an iPhone, as an example, is crap. So you'd like your own amp that can do the job for the iPhone, even if it's loud enough for you, because the music will sound better, once you pass that 150$ threshold.

All in all, I don't like surround headphones. I think it's a sort of misnomer, as surround means placing the speakers around you. Placing 6 speakers not even an inch from your ear can make things troublesome. Spatial awareness should come better from pure headphones, as they can emulate your ears in the game, and your head will do everything else. Believe me, I've tried a 6.1 headphone setup, and I sucked with it. Back to headphones, and it was "OMG, U WALLHACK"-ville

HiResDes

Looks like I'm going back to headphones again after months of using a pair of ear buds. Probably because it feels weird using ear buds when I don't have to in my room. I also miss how comfortable real cans are.

So, yep, suggestions time again.

• NO USB-ONLY HEADPHONES. I'm going to use this with my Nintendo 3DS as well as my laptop. Don't worry about my smartphone, as I'll be using my ear buds for that.
  • Try not to get the budget be over USD 160, and preferably under 120.
  • Give as many suggestions as you can, as I won't be importing this time around. It doesn't matter how good a set is if it's unobtainable.
  • Try to prioritize comfort and durability. A removable cord and/or a real carrying case is a great thing.
  • I'm not exactly looking for headphones with strong bass, but I probably wouldn't mind headphones that are bass-oriented if everything else doesn't suffer.
If you have a small amp try either the either the M-Audio Q40 or the Fischer FA-011

HiResDes

Hmm... I don't have any amps around.

If I should get an amp, where should I start? What's this about impedance?

What do you think of these headphones, by the way? Have you ever used them?

Yes, what would you like to know about them? Obviously I like them. Well the FA-011 are even more power hungry so maybe that would rule them out, though I've been in love with mine for about a year now.

Here's a good review of the Q40 - http://www.head-fi.org/t/275459/m-audio-q40-impressions-long-w-pics

HiResDes

Do you feel that they are there when you use it for a long time? How do they sound? Do you think that they're versatile enough for most kinds of sound?

They have great amounts of sub-bass, some of the best I've heard actually, but the mid-bass is conservative enough not to intrude into the mids much at all leaving a great amount of depth and detail. The treble doesn't extend too far, not as far as my FA-011, and the soundstage doesn't compare quite as well. Although this is an unfair comparison considering my FA-011 are open and the Q40 are closed. I owned the Beyerdynamic DT770 for two years and the M50 as well, and I like both of these headphones much more.

I'd probably grab an FiiO E6 to drive them though.

They have great amounts of sub-bass, some of the best I've heard actually, but the mid-bass is conservative enough not to intrude into the mids much at all leaving a great amount of depth and detail. The treble doesn't extend too far, not as far as my FA-011, and the soundstage doesn't compare quite as well. Although this is an unfair comparison considering my FA-011 are open and the Q40 are closed. I owned the Beyerdynamic DT770 for two years and the M50 as well, and I like both of these headphones much more.

I'd probably grab an FiiO E6 to drive them though.

Hmm... I think I should try some closed headphones some day.

By the way, what's the headphones' impedance?

Septimius

Hmm... I think I should try some closed headphones some day.

By the way, what's the headphones' impedance?

I'd like to remind us that impedance is in large pretty irrelevant. There are 30 ohm headphones that need more juice than 250 ohm headphones.

I've tried some of the FiiO E6, 7 and the cheaper models, but they sounded pretty much the same as the iPhone amp. It wasn't until trying the FiiO E17 that I realized there was a use for a dedicated amp, since it sounded pretty much better. I never felt the need for more power than most appliances have unless you get to some rather power-hungry headphones, so if you're to get something that just amplifies at the same quality, I'd recommend just trying them with your normal stuff and seeing if it's loud enough. And let's try to preserve our hearing :D

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is this a good place to ask about computer speakers?

Audio engine A2's are right in my price range, and have the look I prefer. Does anyone like the product at that price?

Anyone here have any experience with the MDR MA900's from Sony? I've heard they're really good if you plan on doing a variety of things (music, movies, gaming) and they're $190 on Amazon right now.

andylsun

The cable on my sennheiser PX 200 has just given out. Frayed at the left driver entry point. Hs anyone managed to take apart the driver in this model, or is it impossible? I can't see how to start getting into the driver.

They have had 8 years of hard use, and are now my gym headphones, but would like to see if I can fix them.

HiResDes

Anyone here have any experience with the MDR MA900's from Sony? I've heard they're really good if you plan on doing a variety of things (music, movies, gaming) and they're $190 on Amazon right now.
They're getting great reviews, and are fairly new garnering favorable comparisons to the Sennheiser HD598, which is no small feat.

Echo Six

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting new headphones for use with my PC/console. My usage is pretty general, games, movies, rock/electronic/orchestral music mostly. I'm in NZ so my choice is more or less limited to Sennheiser HD558, Grado SR225i, AKG K242HD, Audio Technica ATH-A700, AKG K 530 and 540, Audio Technica ATH-A500X, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and Audio Technica ATH-AD700. Secondly, I'm trying to figure out a solution that will let me switch between audio input from my 360 (or possibly PS4 in future) and my PC as well as driving the headphones. Not sure whether an internal/external soundcard for the PC or an amp/dac with usb and optical inputs would be the best solution here (the cheaper the better!). Cheers in advance for any input.

HiResDes

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting new headphones for use with my PC/console. My usage is pretty general, games, movies, rock/electronic/orchestral music mostly. I'm in NZ so my choice is more or less limited to Sennheiser HD558, Grado SR225i, AKG K242HD, Audio Technica ATH-A700, AKG K 530 and 540, Audio Technica ATH-A500X, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and Audio Technica ATH-AD700. Secondly, I'm trying to figure out a solution that will let me switch between audio input from my 360 (or possibly PS4 in future) and my PC as well as driving the headphones. Not sure whether an internal/external soundcard for the PC or an amp/dac with usb and optical inputs would be the best solution here (the cheaper the better!). Cheers in advance for any input.

Can you can get things from Australia?...There are also plenty of places that ship worldwide.

LegendX48

head-fi's a bit slow so I figure I'll ask here as well. I ended up picking up a pair of the sennheiser HD 558s and seeing as all I have is onboard audio I've been looking around for soundcards and/or dac/amps. Right now I'm thinking about picking up that Asus xonar essence stx soundcard or maybe the Aune T1 amp/dac but, while I want something primarily for music, I do want something that I can use for gaming as well. Any recommendations? I'd rather not spend too much but if its something around the price of either the essence or T1 then that's okay I guess lol

Colin.

My cheap Sony earphones died on me, so thought this would be the best place to come to for replacement advice. I'm looking for earphones that are preferably under £30 with clean balanced sound that doesn't go overkill with bass, and doesn't leak too much sound. In-line remote would be a big plus too, for easy controls on the go with my iPhone.

HiResDes

Exciting MEElectronics M-Duo Impressions:

Niyologist of Headfi said:
Early impressions (30 minutes Burn-In): The M-DUO definitely has the deep bass of the MEElec M6, but it's sooooo much clearer. It's like listening to a 2.1 and the clarity is around the same level as the GR06, with the help of the EQ/Fiio E11. With burn-in, I'm very sure it'll easily surpass the Clarity level of the VSonic GR06. Wow, but the bass detail is great. It really doesn't mess with the mid-range that much. Still the mid-range is slightly recessed. The dynamics is leaning towards slightly above average ATM. The treble is there but not edgy at all, it's more like shimmering (On the High Quality tracks).

Also, I should mention that the M-DUO has no driver flex AT ALL.

2nd Impressions (5 Hours Burn-In): Listening to "Tangiers" by Phaseone (FLAC). Excellent timbre. Great Instrument Separation. The Soundstage is above average (near the size of the FXT-90), although with slightly shallower depth, but in-trade of slightly more width. In other words, nice 3D Soundstage. The detail retrieval is certainly better than the A151 (The M-DUO sounds more Armature-like than the A151), but outpaces the FXT-90 barely on high quality sound tracks (MP3 320 kbps/FLAC/ALAC). The bass has definitely calmed down, the midrange is coming forward, which gives more of U-Shaped Sound Signature. The tone is more accurate than the FXT-90, which is very impressive for a Sub $100 IEM. Also, the bass is still deep, but very textured. It also attacks faster than the FXT-90, which makes me wonder, I think I found my lead IEM. BTW, the treble has tons of sparkle and nice detail, but the vocals sound more impressive with females than males (which proves that the Sound Sig is more U-Shaped than V-Shaped).

3rd Impression (7 Hours Burn-In): Listening to "The Limit" by Fonik (Genre: Dubstep) (MP3 320 kbps/48KHz). The bass is getting deeper and more refined. The Depth of the Soundstage is deeper as well, but only slightly.

4th Impression (15 Hours Burn-In): Listening to Mystify by Saving Abel (Genre: Rock) (WAV). The Bass Drum kick sounds natural. The Guitars are also natural. The strumming on the Guitar can actually be heard. The vocals are a bit distant, but very clean and the breathing can be heard, but as I said, the vocals are a bit distant. Overall, the presentation is pretty lively. I'm very impressed.

5th Impression (24 Hours Burn-In): Listening to Self Vs Self Feat. In Flames by Pendulum (Genre: Drums and Bass/Metal) (FLAC). The Guitars have a "Crunching Element" (2 KHz-3.5KHz). The voice of In Flames is distant, but the rest of the vocals on left and right are more forward. The sibilance (4KHz-10KHz) is there, but over time it calmed down a bit unless if you listen to the song above 65% (which you shouldn't because that's dangerous to your hearing). The Drums and the Bass kick are very clear and sound pretty natural.

6th Impression (30 Hours Burn-In): Never noticed how dark my FXT90 was until now. The M-DUO's enhanced is not really reverberating any more. It's very controlled and doesn't intrude the lower midrange as much anymore. Although there is still sibilance whenever the cymbals kick in or the vocals are high pitched. The treble has a rapid spike between the 7KHz-10KHz which explains the sibilance (based on OBS and tinyman392's FR Chart)

It's garnering favorable comparisons to the FXT90!

HiResDes

My cheap Sony earphones died on me, so thought this would be the best place to come to for replacement advice. I'm looking for earphones that are preferably under £30 with clean balanced sound that doesn't go overkill with bass, and doesn't leak too much sound. In-line remote would be a big plus too, for easy controls on the go with my iPhone.

Soundmagic E10 or Vsonic R02 Silver.

head-fi's a bit slow so I figure I'll ask here as well. I ended up picking up a pair of the sennheiser HD 558s and seeing as all I have is onboard audio I've been looking around for soundcards and/or dac/amps. Right now I'm thinking about picking up that Asus xonar essence stx soundcard or maybe the Aune T1 amp/dac but, while I want something primarily for music, I do want something that I can use for gaming as well. Any recommendations? I'd rather not spend too much but if its something around the price of either the essence or T1 then that's okay I guess lol

I'd go for the amp/dac. It's infinitely more portable/configurable/hassle-free than an internal soundcard.

DedValve

Banned
Hey guys I had a question and was hoping you could help me here. Recently my kinovo wireless headphones broke (paid $30 but those things lasted me almost a year, waaaay longer than any headphones before) and decided to increase my budget a little for some quality wireless headphones. I stress wireless because I'm just sick of moving around so much and having wires get in the way or get damaged.

I've been eying these sennheiser (heard good things about them) wireless that used to be $100 but is now $82 on Amazon. I'm not looking at anything over $100 for headphones so I obviously won't expect mindblowing quality but has anyone tried it. Is it good? Are there better wireless headphones in that pricerange I should watch out for?

EDIT: Also while I'll mainly use these for my phones is there any way to easily connect this to my TV for those late nights where I lower the volume?

Hmm...

I've been thinking about it, and I think, although it's nice to check these headphones out when I have the time, I think I'd also like some suggestions for headphones that don't (quite) need an amp.

Also... I think I'm also getting interested in headsets lately. If I end up getting a headset, I think I'll mostly use it on my laptop (which uses separate headphones and microphone jacks), but I think I'll be using it on other things, too. (No USB-only headsets, in other words. I don't mind dangling a microphone plug, even if it's not optimal, but if said headset comes bundled with a 2-to-1 adapter... yeah!) Any headsets that are versatile enough to be used in gaming and music without ending up with poor music reproduction?

HiResDes

Hmm...

I've been thinking about it, and I think, although it's nice to check these headphones out when I have the time, I think I'd also like some suggestions for headphones that don't (quite) need an amp.

Also... I think I'm also getting interested in headsets lately. If I end up getting a headset, I think I'll mostly use it on my laptop (which uses separate headphones and microphone jacks), but I think I'll be using it on other things, too. (No USB-only headsets, in other words. I don't mind dangling a microphone plug, even if it's not optimal, but if said headset comes bundled with a 2-to-1 adapter... yeah!) Any headsets that are versatile enough to be used in gaming and music without ending up with poor music reproduction?
Phiaton MS400 or House of Marley Exodus

HiResDes

It's cheaper which is good lol

Any idea how the sound quality is? Pricing aside its between this and the aune t1 and I'm looking for more info on both.

The Mixamp helps bring out the soundstage of headphones allowing for a greater scense of depth when watching films and playing games. It's a pretty good bang for buck, though I'm not sure music will sound as good as say on the T1 or even a Little Dot.

HiResDes

Hey guys I had a question and was hoping you could help me here. Recently my kinovo wireless headphones broke (paid $30 but those things lasted me almost a year, waaaay longer than any headphones before) and decided to increase my budget a little for some quality wireless headphones. I stress wireless because I'm just sick of moving around so much and having wires get in the way or get damaged.

I've been eying these sennheiser (heard good things about them) wireless that used to be $100 but is now $82 on Amazon. I'm not looking at anything over $100 for headphones so I obviously won't expect mindblowing quality but has anyone tried it. Is it good? Are there better wireless headphones in that pricerange I should watch out for?

EDIT: Also while I'll mainly use these for my phones is there any way to easily connect this to my TV for those late nights where I lower the volume?

Get some Air-Fi

DedValve

Banned
Terrible that's why I posted them.

Sarcasm is appreciated...still doesn't answer the question though.

God this hissing sound is terrible. I'm returning the sennheisers.

I had these kinovo $30 headphones before and they where fantastic for their price. I'll check out the air-fi's

Top Bottom