• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 people dead in rural Mississippi mass shooting including sheriffs deputy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My whole point is that our country obsesses over "ISLAMIC TERRORISM!" when we have tragedies like this happening in our country every day. We have so much of our politics invested in sacred gun rights never being touched while ignoring the severe mental health issues that get mixed in with gun violence. But that's all okay because "ISLAMIC TERRORISM!" is the true enemy!

Islamic terrorism is a real problem. You're acting like this happening negates that. Its very clear what your agenda is.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Please tell me what my agenda is.

Your agenda is to prove that Islam doesn't have a problem with terrorism and jihadists. This man is a murderer, but there is a major difference between him and the Manchester attacker or the Boston bombers etc.

Two Words

Your agenda is to prove that Islam doesn't have a problem with terrorism and jihadists. This man is a murderer, but there is a major difference between him and the Manchester attacker or the Boston bombers etc.

And you gathered that from

My whole point is that our country obsesses over "ISLAMIC TERRORISM!" when we have tragedies like this happening in our country every day. We have so much of our politics invested in sacred gun rights never being touched while ignoring the severe mental health issues that get mixed in with gun violence. But that's all okay because "ISLAMIC TERRORISM!" is the true enemy!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
And you gathered that from

Jumping to complain that this guy is not called a religious terrorist is stupid. They are 2 dramatically different things. Not everybody who believes in Islamic terrorism is handwaving this for the color of his skin.

Armaros

Jumping to complain that this guy is not called a religious terrorist is stupid. They are 2 dramatically different things. Not everybody who believes in Islamic terrorism is handwaving this for the color of his skin.

So that's why the Trump's administration has told federal authorities to stop cataloging national white terroism in the country?
Because he believes it's a real problem?

Aselith

He was a scumbag but he wasn't religiously motivated. Nobody has trouble hating the guy, it just has nothing to do with religion.

So the only terrorism we should worry about is religious terrorism? Speaking of handwaving, he was a scumbag but.........

R0ckman

And this is the main problem that I see with some religious people

I once heard someone saying "I can do whatever I want, it's God's job to forgive me" which is disgusting

The qoute basically is an oxymoron. "I can do whatever I want" implies he takes no account to the choices he makes, whether they be good or evil. Then he asks for forgiveness. But his character and disposition remain unchanged in the grand scheme of things so it already shows that he takes zero account fot his actions (as mentioned prior), so it nulls any reason to forgive his actions.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Does God forgive you for being gay? Or is forgiveness reserved for murderers?

Only if you're actually sorry. (not specifically about being gay, but in general for what is considered a sin)

I'm not an expert on Christianity as a whole, but I was raised catholic. From what I understand, if you are truly sorry and seek forgiveness, then you're fine, no matter what you do. The whole reason suicide is such a big deal is because you CAN'T ask for forgiveness before you die, thus you are fucked.

Aselith

Does God forgive you for being gay? Or is forgiveness reserved for murderers?

Well, if you want the real answer, most religious scholars would say you can be forgiven for that "sin" if you are truly repentant which means you need to change also.

And I think most would say this guy will not be forgiven unless he has a true change of heart as he is not really repentant currently.

Not my feelings on homosexuality but I think that's what you'd get

Forgiveness doesn't come with zero strings

R0ckman

That's one of my main beefs with religion. That little forgiveness loop that everyone uses to do evil shit. It's why the extremely religious get caught doing things they aren't suppose to. Because they think there's a loop hole and they will get to heaven anyway. If there was a god it wouldn't be that stupid.

There is no loop hole for them, they are just morons, in Christain theology the animal sacrifices to the Hebrew God in the old testament are equated to a person's thoughts and actions in the new testament; the actions of a person being a sacrfice to the Hebrew God. In the old testament an evil person doing an animal sacrfice for forgiveness of his sins, has his sacrifice rejected (if he is just going through the motions for the outwardly display of forgiveness). A person like in the story is not willing to change the foundation of his thinking, which effects his overall thoughts and actions, so him asking for forgiveness is already rejected.

Maligna

Banned
And this is the main problem that I see with some religious people

I once heard someone saying "I can do whatever I want, it's God's job to forgive me" which is disgusting

When you think about this mindset it can be really gross. For instance, if Hitler was Catholic and truly asked for forgiveness, according to the doctrine he'd get it while all of his Jewish victims would end up in hell for believing in the wrong god.

Top Bottom