• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A couple of hours into Future Redeemed, this DLC is amazing

SantaC

I was kinda lukewarm to Xenoblade 3, but holy shit did they redeemed themselves with this expansion. The fanservice is at max and I love it. Monolith, you fucking did it.

It might be the best DLC ever (until Elden Ring arrives)

NanaMiku

Yes. I think they tone down the fanservice in the main game in fear of confusing the newcomers. They went all out in the DLC because they were sure that the people who bought the DLC are the fans

I just finished it myself. I also had mixed feelings about the main game so this DLC provided some much needed context that I felt was missing. Doesn't quite fix every issue I had but they reveal enough to be excited for what's next. Good thing I went through most of the Xenos.

Mister Wolf

It's the best Xenoblade experience. The next Xenoblade game will be Monolith Soft's magnum opus I believe. Hopefully they reveal a trailer to coincide with the Super Switch announcement.

NanaMiku

It's the best Xenoblade experience. The next Xenoblade game will be Monolith Soft's magnum opus I believe. Hopefully they reveal a trailer to coincide with the Super Switch announcement.
I wonder how the next Xeno game will be. Since we have the Xenosaga things in the Future Redeemed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Monolith Soft are the very few JRPG devs who does DLC right….I already REALLY liked XC3, Future Redeemed made me appreciate entire Xenoblade series even more.

Last edited:
Easily the best thing I played in 2023. It should have been stand-alone and sold at retail.
Yes, in a freaking box!

I put it under "game that deserves a sequel" in the GotY voting thread

Last edited:

Hudo

I was kinda lukewarm to Xenoblade 3, but holy shit did they redeemed themselves with this expansion. The fanservice is at max and I love it. Monolith, you fucking did it.

It might be the best DLC ever (until Elden Ring arrives)
I agree. The DLC elevated Xenoblade 3 for me as well.

I am really curious what Monolith will do next (probably for the next Nintendo console).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Can you really not do this right now. When I've just made the thread about choice paralysis...lol

Glad to hear it's awesome.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This is why I don’t hate idea of DLC or expansion if they can deliver like Monolith Soft and FromSoftware.

These guys can announce season pass and I’m willing to get it because I know they will deliver.

NanaMiku

I thought so too but some people over at Famiboards said that this whole thing was apparently just an ad or so. But who knows.

I do wish they'd make a Xenoblade X2, though. I love me some mechas.
g_img_yanase01.jpg

It's a shame that they only made 1 plastic model from the game

completed-kotobukiya-formula-skell-from-xenoblade-v0-jt4nlt2pypc81.jpg

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is why I don’t hate idea of DLC or expansion if they can deliver like Monolith Soft and FromSoftware.

These guys can announce season pass and I’m willing to get it because I know they will deliver.
I’m conflicted about the season passes. The content is great, but if I buy the game at launch then I’m going to finish it before the content releases. And for a massive 120+ hour story-driven JRPG I MIGHT replay it once, several years later. I’m not just going to jump right back in.

I’m still disappointed I played XC2 at launch. They added a bunch of awesome blades and some sorely needed QoL updates that made the game better, but not enough where I want to go back for a second run.

XC3 for whatever reason didn’t click for me at first, so i waited a year and played after all the DLC and I’m glad I did, because the new characters are some of the best in the game. I’ll probably do the same with the next Xeno game and the waiting is going to suck. (BTW I believe XCX got new characters + skells after launch but they were included in the US version)

Top Bottom