• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Couple of Weird Famicom/NES Games

snapty00

Banned
Some of these were released on other systems, such as Knight Lore.

Bird Week
Bird Week 1.png
Bird Week 2.png

Play as a mother bird who must get food for its children.

Knight Lore
Knight Lore 2.png
Knight Lore 1.png

Play in an isometric world as a man, who turns into an animal at night.

Jaws
Jaws 1.png
Jaws 2.png

Kill Jaws. Just do it.

Meikyuu Jiin Dababa
Meikyuu Jiin Dababa 1.png
Meikyuu Jiin Dababa 2.png

Play as a ninja-samarai person who can't walk but can jump.

Moero Yakyuuken
Moero Yakyuuken 1.png
Moero Yakyuuken 2.png

Play games with a girl so she'll take her clothes off.

Game Tengoku
Game Tengoku 1.png
Game Tengoku 2.png

Abuse farm animals to play a nice round of Bingo.

The Adventures of Chatran
ad1.png
ad2.png

Play as a cat in a world where no physics are realistc except those for branches of trees and those for the sun in the sky.

Kobayashi Hitome no Hold Up
6.png
5.png

Hold up a girl with a watergun...I'm guessing in an effort to get her clothes off, but who knows?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
5.png

More like an effort to make them look like they wet themselves.

BenT

Jaws isn't bad at all. Pretty good for LJN, really. Its scope is small but the gameplay is fine.

Friday the 13th, on the other hand ... ugh. One of my worst purchases ever. Worse, I rented it first. *ashamed*

This post inspired me to dig through my 8,000 or so NES/Famicom roms and I came across this...

starwars_namco.jpg

... a Star Wars side scroller from Namco? I had never even heard of this one before.

ge-man

FortNinety said:
This post inspired me to dig through my 8,000 or so NES/Famicom roms and I came across this...

starwars_namco.jpg

... a Star Wars side scroller from Namco? I had never even heard of this one before.

Is that the one were Vader turns into a giant crab or something like that? I think EGM mentioned the game in their Rebel Strike blowout last year.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
DJ Demon J said:
That Knight Lore game is reminiscent of Solstice....except Solstice looked 1000x better and had awesome music.

A little trivia: Knight Lore is the sequel to Underwurlde, itself a sequel to SabreWulf -- the same that Rare just updated for GBA. The "man" is SabreMan himself. It was one of the first games to popularize the isometric format (though I'm fairly sure Ant Attack holds the champion title of first isometric game), which would then inspire other games such as Head Over Heels, Solstice, etc.

I'll admit I had no idea there was a Famicom Disk System version, though.

brandonnn said:
A little trivia: Knight Lore is the sequel to Underwurlde, itself a sequel to SabreWulf -- the same that Rare just updated for GBA. The "man" is SabreMan himself. It was one of the first games to popularize the isometric format (though I'm fairly sure Ant Attack holds the champion title of first isometric game), which would then inspire other games such as Head Over Heels, Solstice, etc.

I'll admit I had no idea there was a Famicom Disk System version, though.

Huh, interesting....I guess that also explains the Sabrewulf character in Killer Instinct?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
DJ Demon J said:
Huh, interesting....I guess that also explains the Sabrewulf character in Killer Instinct?

And the SabreWulf GBA levels being called "Underwurlde Mines", "Mt. Knightlore", etc. Rare games are always well aware of their own history.

There's some who would argue that Grabbed By The Ghoulies is just a half step away from being a 3d Atic Atac remake:

aticatac_p.gif

but at very least, there's a tip of the hat to the original in the first chapter's Gaming Room.

Well as long as Rare's feeling nostalgiac, hopefully they'll bring back Battletoads and Killer Instinct. Conker was OK, but not worth a sequel when these two franchises haven't been revisited in years.

ge-man said:
Is that the one were Vader turns into a giant crab or something like that? I think EGM mentioned the game in their Rebel Strike blowout last year.

Funny... I thought it was more of a scorpion, but whatevas!

Top Bottom