• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Minecraft Movie | Teaser (April 4, 2025)

Draugoth

Gold Member

official-poster-for-the-minecraft-movie-v0-8mek6jc6ismd1.jpeg

Last edited:

Strategize

How the fuck did they not look at the success of the Mario movie and not immediately go "Yeah this live action shit is not it, animated it is".

Danielle Brooks, shes okay. Has been in a few good things, but she is a one dimensional actor. Though some of the top actors have been one dimensional. 🤷‍♂️
The problem is that can't they found attractive black women to play those roles? There are so many of them - granted not sure how many of those are actresses.
Why black women are always fat in these movies?

We just being straight up racist here now?
There is nothing racist in calling fat people fat.

Last edited:

Natsuko

Looked good ... until they started showing people. Nope, cinema tickets have become way too expensive for me these days. Or is it going straight to streaming? Anyway, I'd be out of it too. We've cancelled most of our subscriptions.

He should be banned for calling someone fat? What was racist in his post? The word black? I think u mixed ur forums guy.
You can keep your blinders on if you want to. The racism is inherent in his post. Why single out the black actress and talk down on the movie for casting her and not someone else in the role while ignoring everyone else in the cast? No one in this cast gives "different" vibes and that is the point. I'm not gonna argue over something so obvious.

Doom85

Do people genuinely like Jack Black?

School of Rock, Kung fu Panda films, King Kong, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Goosebumps, High Fidelity, fuck yeah I like Jack Black. Sure, he’s been in plenty of shit, but likewise I’m not going to sit here and pretend Adam Sandler didn’t make some fun comedies back in the day just because nowadays he’s far more likely to care about being on vacation while filming somewhere exotic over whether he’s got good material to work with.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It wasnt racist. He complained about the obvious pandering. The typical fat black woman that is always cast in movies. She'll also be forced to be sassy, I can guarantee you. The anti-racists and hollywood are far more racists than the dude.

Indeed. Complaining about an awful trope isn't racist.

Note that this (Sassy Black Woman) trope might well be on its way to becoming a Discredited Trope - it's seen as stereotypical and lazy writing and people want to see minority characters given the same nuanced characterization as anyone else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom