• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Minecraft Movie | Teaser (April 4, 2025)

ssringo

Gold Member
The trailer itself was pretty bad but even more than that is how every trailer does the exact same thing with the exact same musical beats and the exact same pause for laughter.

Do people genuinely like Jack Black?
Yes. Or at least I used to. Tenacious D was great.

RCX

Why? Just fucking why??

Also, Hollywood VFX continues to get worse and worse. Jurassic Park looks better than 99% of whats been made over the last decade.

Fbh

Looked ok for a grand 2 seconds until they introduced the live action characters.
Looks awful but then again it's not for me and I'm sure it's going to make a billion on brand recognition alone

Do people genuinely like Jack Black?

I've liked him when he is actually playing a character, like in School of Rock, Kung Fu Panda or the new Jumanji.
Here though he just looks like Jack Black as Jack Black, they didn't even bother making him shave or change his haircut. When they asked him who he is I half expected the joke was going to be that he would say "I ...am Jack Black".

Mortisfacio

OK... now to figure out how to get my 7 year old to hate Minecraft. I don't want to hear about "Can we go watch this!!?? PLEASE!!!??" until then. It even lines up release date around his bday :(

Zxnoshima

Banned
This has potential, aside from the ridiculous casting, and the characters looking unexcited to be there.

This could be the one of the best hollywood videogame movies, other than, Sonic trilogy, 1994 Street Fighter, FNAF, and the Silent Hill duo

Stupid kids casted
I wonder if the kid will be a genius or clueless in the world? Momoa is for sure will be a comedic relief.

Tom Holland (as drake) ridiculous when it was happening.
Well Tom Holland did fit to be Drake

I dunno. The last time I heard Walken was in Dune Part Two. And he didn't sound anything like Mario at all.
balls-of-fury-walken.jpg

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Just realized that Jared Hess, of Napolean Dynamite and Nacho Libre fame, is directing this.

What an interesting (and bizarre) choice.

EDIT - And Rob McElhenney of It's Always Sunny is one of the writers?

Yeah I'm gonna give this a chance.

Last edited:

Luc2010

Jason Momoa looks like a walking circus, and not in a good way... like a bearded lady kinda way.
WTF is going on with Jason Momoa in this trailer? Who gave him this wardrove and girl cut? Didn't know Jason could look like Goldy Locks.

Last edited:

Doom85

This has potential, aside from the ridiculous casting, and the characters looking unexcited to be there.

This could be the one of the best hollywood videogame movies, other than, Sonic trilogy, 1994 Street Fighter, FNAF, and the Silent Hill duo

That’s quite the mixed bag IMHO. My thoughts?

Sonic trilogy (assuming 3 turns out good, looks promising so far) -

Happy If You Say So GIF

‘94 Street Fighter-

the wolf of wall street GIF

FNAF -

dog perform GIF

Silent Hill 1 -

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Silent Hill Revelations -

will smith no GIF

Seriously, Silent Hill Revelations is not the worst movie ever to me obviously (seen too many of the films showcased in Mystery Science Theater 3000 for me to say that), but it is my most hated movie. Can’t stand how they butchered “adapting” Silent Hill 3. Yes, the first film changed things, arguably even more, but they understood the tone and look of SH and the movie mostly works particularly the first 2/3. Revelations was just one kick in the nuts after another for me. Thank god the director of 1 (who did not do Revelations) is returning for the new film.

It wasnt racist. He complained about the obvious pandering. The typical fat black woman that is always cast in movies. She'll also be forced to be sassy, I can guarantee you. The anti-racists and hollywood are far more racists than the dude.
Typical fat black woman? WTF are you talking about?

Jinzo Prime

If you are going to do hybrid animated/live-action, it should have one kid in a CGI world or multiple CGI characters in the real world. Basically The Jungle Book remake vs the Sonic movie. This multiple real people in a CGI world is the worst take.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
This looks so weird. Borderlands got a competitor very quickly. I must be completely out of touch if this is not a boxoffice bomb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom