• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Minecraft Movie | Teaser (April 4, 2025)

StardustJessie

Neo Member

official-poster-for-the-minecraft-movie-v0-8mek6jc6ismd1.jpeg

I kinda like how the mobs look ? It's ugly, but the type of ugly with an odd charm to its aesthetic. I wish it would be only animation. I don't understand the need for live-action.

Judging that earlier today Microsoft's stocks went up a bit when the trailer came out, I guess I know why it is live-action.

It sucks. It looks like if you got the guy that made that 4chan Grotesque Steve to make a Minecraft film.

kiphalfton

You can keep your blinders on if you want to. The racism is inherent in his post. Why single out the black actress and talk down on the movie for casting her and not someone else in the role while ignoring everyone else in the cast? No one in this cast gives "different" vibes and that is the point. I'm not gonna argue over something so obvious.

And yet here we are.

Stuart360

It looks like a god damn freak show, and very '2024'.

Yeah not for me. Funny thing is that the game is so big, especially with children, that i think if they had gone full Mario style cgi, the film would of been absolutely massive, maybe even beating 'AVATAR: Fire and Ash' for the biggest grossing film next year (in the US, probably not worldwide).
This live action freak show though, well it will still do well because of the the fact its Minecraft, but its not going to do close to what it would of done with a straight no bullshit cg movie imo.

Last edited:

CGNoire

It wasnt racist. He complained about the obvious pandering. The typical fat black woman that is always cast in movies. She'll also be forced to be sassy, I can guarantee you. The anti-racists and hollywood are far more racists than the dude.
The think its the lack of tact thats triggering people. When the only woke looking thing you can find in a product is a black side character it might be more tactfull to wait till further evidence before complaining about it.

why does this need to be live action?? what. the. fuck.

This is cats all over again.

It's a pixelated world of blocks ffs. Changing that aesthetic into a photo realistic look only has one outcome: uncanny valley.

Just have it be fully animated. It's not that fucking difficult.

Roberts

Do people genuinely like Jack Black?
Tenacious D used to be great and he has done some cool stuff. Linklater's Bernie and School of Rock are genuinely great movies. He was also amazing in supporting roles like High Fidelity and Jesus' Son.

Last edited:
This movie is a big risk. Actors on CG backgrounds for an entire movie could either be cheesy and endearing like Spy Kids or absolutely bland like Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Also,
analog_future analog_future PlayedStation PlayedStation

Plausible deniability is a thing on GAF. The better tactic would be to remain patient and ask the poster to explain their stance further or get into a debate with them, in an attempt to get irrefutable evidence of your claim. The more cunning they are the more difficult it will be to do so.

RCX

Seems that a lot of people are unimpressed.

Using the "returnyoutubedislike" extension this thing has 12 million views, 395k likes and 556k dislikes. Yikes.

Dont get me wrong, it'll still make a boatload. They'll release it during a school holiday and it'll be an easy choice for parents of young kids. Just good to see that its getting justifiably roasted in the meantime.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Movie looks absolutely awful. Weird to see people insinuating it looks "woke" though, lmao. Watching the trailer I never once thought that, I just thought it looked like complete trash, lmao. 2025 already showing its next Borderlands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom