• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Wonderful Life en route to outsell The Twin Snakes (GCN 3rd party fight)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Insertia said:
MGS:TTS bombed because Gamecube's audience isn't fit for the series.

Not because it was developed by SK.
Not because the marketing was poor.
Not because of the quality. (I'd give it a 7/10)

Same with the core Resident Evil series for GC.

Had they been on PS2 I wouldn't expect anything under a million units sold in NA alone.

It bombed because there was absolutely NO marketing whatsoever for it, nada.

I'll remind you that Resident evil remake has passed the million mark a long time ago and RE0 was on the verge (900k) of achieving it last time i looked at the numbers, which was a while ago.

Thats bad?

AniHawk

Capcom's shipped over 1 million for the RE games each during their 2003 fiscal year, to my knowledge.

Not a whole lot stands out on the GC third-party wise, but not all of the games sell like shit. Even if they do sell the least of the three systems, some of them do well enough.

Alcibiades

I've updated the first post:

The battle continues (here are new totals):

The Twin Snakes: 170,697

A Wonderful Life: 168,897

Actually, I think Konami undershipped The Twin Snakes, as my Best Buy and Target didn't have them for months (Target still doesn't), and my BB just got a few in less two weeks ago...

That said, go Harvest Moon!

I almost pooped when I first glanced at the Harvest Moon numbers cause I saw the GBA version numbers (thinking they were GCN A Wonderful Life), and I saw they matched TTS, so I'm like, "there goes that", but then I re-checked and saw the GCN version had actually increased quite a bit for the month...

Now I keep on checking the numbers cause I'm almost amazed it increased in sales...

Memles

The power of farming...which reminds me that I kind of stopped playing AWL a while back. I have grown myself quite the backlog, actually. Either way, I'll be sure to get to it at some point, and it does rock.

Twin Snakes...meh. Go AWL.

Memles

jarrod said:
Harvest Moon has done exceptionally well on Nintendo platforms... wonder if there's a DS version in the works?

There better damn well be...although it would probably end up a direct port of HM64 with some touch screen menus on the lower screen, but even so I'd pick it up in a second. HM is always known for its intrusive menus too. Being able to switch tools by selecting them on the touch screen in seconds would rock.

Pellham

Banned
Wow @ A Wonderful Life sales. That must be the best selling Harvest Moon game ever (considering both the N64 and PSX games sold less than 100k each).

jarrod

Banned
Pellham said:
Wow @ A Wonderful Life sales. That must be the best selling Harvest Moon game ever (considering both the N64 and PSX games sold less than 100k each).
Wasn't it the best selling HM in Japan also (at around 90k iirc)? Adding in potential Euro sales (with UbiSoft publishing there) it could be the first Harvest Moon to reach 500k...

hirokazu

i got Harvest Moon PAL about 2 weeks ago, and i must say Ubisoft sucks - that instruction manual is absolutely damn horrid and i had to look up GameFAQs to get an idea of what to do... AWL is quite different from the SNES and N64 games.

i've never bought a Ubisoft game before, though i have some sort of Bust-a-Move incarnation on GBA and that too quite sucked...

i like Harvest Moon, and the GC version is great, but i really feel it lacks polish, especially in character animation and localisation.

Top Bottom