• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game reminds me that I still have yet to open and play Endless Ocean 2 on Wii.

thenexus6

I am very excited to play this game, should I buy the Journey special edition on PSN right now?

Comes with Journey, Fl0w and Flower. Never played any of them before. (well, I played maybe 20 minutes of Journey via shareplay)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
While I'm fully aware this is the ABZÛ thread ;)

Someone asked earlier about the Bound pre-order theme, so here it is.

Fully dynamic, and she dances intermittentlyas time progresses.

silXijU.jpg

So excited about both of these games. I'll be switching back and forth between both themes for some time to come.

You are selling me on Bound to go with this too. Santa Monica helped with it, correct?

thenexus6

Update to the discussion a few days back about preordering and the theme.

I just looked and seems like the theme is unlocked with the game. There is no mention of the theme at all on the UK or EU preorder description.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Update to the discussion a few days back about preordering and the theme.

I just looked and seems like the theme is unlocked with the game. There is no mention of the theme at all on the UK or EU preorder description.

Yeah I noticed that too. I just hope it downloads together with the game.

Can't wait for this and Bound. Two games that make early August very interesting. Still on the fence for No Man's Sky.

Matt Frost

While I'm far more excited for ABZÛ, Bound was my second pre-order so I could get the 20% off the cart price. It looks interesting, so I'm excited to see what they do with it.

Both seem incredible, cant wait for both of em: innovative indie games from devs that pour their souls into them

Can't wait for this and Bound. Two games that make early August very interesting. Still on the fence for No Man's Sky.

No Man's Sky just gives you some credits, a better ship and a better weapon if you pre-order (I did) so if you decide to buy it later there is no discount to take advantage off. So you are not really loosing much (the things that come with the pre-order are just a little boost in the early game so...). Between BOUND, ABZÛ and No Man's Sky I go with NMS without doubt... exploring the universe, while farming materials, fighting, surviving (you have to see the lastest 4 trailers: Fight, Trade, Explore and Survive) while trying to reach the center of the universe sounds too good to me to pass. My most wanted game since I knew about it...

ironcreed

Banned
While I'm fully aware this is the ABZÛ thread ;)

Someone asked earlier about the Bound pre-order theme, so here it is.

Fully dynamic, and she dances intermittentlyas time progresses.

silXijU.jpg

So excited about both of these games. I'll be switching back and forth between both themes for some time to come.

Beautiful. No Man's Sky, Abzu and Bound are all I need for August. Deus Ex looks fantastic, but I need a break from the usual suspect sort of games. It can wait.

NateDrake

What did you think about the soundtrack? Obviously Austin Wintory's music was wonderfully used in Journey, conveying awe and splendor, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on his music here.

Thanks!
Loved the soundtrack. It matches the setting of the zones well, and complements the visuals. The blend of these two strengthens the emotional impact of events.

Game length wise, I'd say it took me about 4hrs - maybe closer to 5hrs.

Loved the soundtrack. It matches the setting of the zones well, and complements the visuals. The blend of these two strengthens the emotional impact of events.

Game length wise, I'd say it took me about 4hrs - maybe closer to 5hrs.

So longer than Journey at base level - with an extension above that if you were to explore, right?

NateDrake

So longer than Journey at base level - with an extension above that if you were to explore, right?
Yeah. Each zone has stuff to find, some is well hidden. You can blast through the game in probably 2hrs, if you really wanted.

Do you think that this will be as big as Journey? How does it compare in your own opinion?
I enjoyed this more than I did Journey, but I like ocean settings and the sense of tranquility.

Hell. No. Put in headphones and enjoy everything it has to offer.

Without spoiling specifics,
are there menacing, large, predatory prehistoric things down in the depths? I really want to be surprised by what types - but I noticed by Googling the Latin names from the soundtrack, it reveals non-threatening creatures like Ichthyosaurus, etc. I just want to see large, predatory prehistoric creatures in the game. Please don't spoil the different types, just let me know if there are any lol!

I'd almost forgotten about this game. I definitely want to buy it, but I'm not sure whether to get it on PS4 or PC...

Is it 60 FPS on PS4?

finalflame

I'd almost forgotten about this game. I definitely want to buy it, but I'm not sure whether to get it on PS4 or PC...

Is it 60 FPS on PS4?
I'd say wait until it's out and see if the PC version has any major bugs. Otherwise, as long as your PC is connected to your TV, it's a no brainer to get it on PC.

I'd say wait until it's out and see if the PC version has any major bugs. Otherwise, as long as your PC is connected to your TV, it's a no brainer to get it on PC.

No, 30-40.

Thanks guys! I'll probably wait for impressions on the PC version then, and pick it up if it's good. I believe this game would be quite beautiful at a solid 60.

I'd rather have a locked 30 than an inconsistent 30-40...

Hey, guys, obligatory don't go into the Abzu game overview on PS4. I completely forgot about the player previews, let alone if anyone would actually be playing it yet, annnd just got spoiled quite badly. I'm thoroughly annoyed at myself. D'oh. Don't follow in my dumb ass footsteps!

Hey, guys, obligatory don't go into the Abzu game overview on PS4. I completely forgot about the player previews, let alone if anyone would actually be playing it yet, annnd just got spoiled quite badly. I'm thoroughly annoyed at myself. D'oh. Don't follow in my dumb ass footsteps!

It's Sony's fault for one of the worst "features" of all time. I've had games spoiled too. Utter bullshit.

It's Sony's fault for one of the worst "features" of all time. I've had games spoiled too. Utter bullshit.

Ha, absolutely this. I was really careful when Uncharted came out, but I'd completely forgotten since that the overview section would do that. I think when I checked Headlander's overview, it wasn't previewing anything before release. D'oooooooooh.

Karak

I think the embargo lifts Monday night.

12:01am pst on the 2nd.
Can't talk at all about Abzu but have to say I dig that Bound theme in this thread

Thanks guys! I'll probably wait for impressions on the PC version then, and pick it up if it's good. I believe this game would be quite beautiful at a solid 60.

Thats the version I am reviewing.

It's locked at 40, but runs at 30 most of the time. That's the official word.

I'm sorry you got spoiled :(

Hopefully, it was at least so amazing that it's something that in hindsight, you can gloat over the rest of us ;)

12:01am pst on the 2nd.
Can't talk at all about Abzu but have to say I dig that Bound theme in this thread

Did you like it?

Karak

It's locked at 40, but runs at 30 most of the time. That's the official word.

I'm sorry you got spoiled :(

Hopefully, it was at least so amazing that it's something that in hindsight, you can gloat over the rest of us ;)

Did you like it?

LOL. As I said sadly can't say a word about it. The NDA was pretty clear.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Buying this on pc, no doubt it will look great on ps4 but 60 fps will make this game look incredible, this and batman telltale the same are probably the best gaming combo released in a long long time

Top Bottom