• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

UVPahx3.jpg

NMj7ML9.jpg

Oh, that's just gorgeous. Can't wait.

Oh, that's just gorgeous. Can't wait.

Same here :)

Sometimes with things such as ABZÛ, I wonder if gorgeous is a strong enough word?

FUCK. I hate pre-order themes! I'm short on cash right now and I don't want to have to spend my emergency money to pre-order it just for the theme, but it's really beautiful. Ugh.

Bite the bullet my friend! It's only $15.99 if you preorder it before August 2nd - that's less than $20!

Atrophis

He emailed me back and said that he's been trying to make an account on here so that he could answer our questions directly.

I believe developers can contact a mod and get their account activated. At least I've seen mods offer to do it in the past. Maybe PM a mod his email address and see if they can sort it?

lmbotiva

this secrecy about the framerate on ps4 has me thinking on waiting for a sale instead of preorder, why is it that difficult just to say, 30,60,unlocked?

Raven77

Between this and No Mans Sky i'm so pumped for August.

I think it would be pretty cool to have an ocean exploration game that uses the same tech as NMS. Imagine a nearly endless ocean to explore...

ghibli99

FYI I posted my interview with Austin a couple pages back. Feel free to reuse it for the OT as we discussed here. Excited to begin discussion.
Loved the interview. So much good information not just on this game, but on Wintory's creative process. Fascinating stuff, especially to someone who just isn't all that creative or talented. LOL

Karak

Loved the interview. So much good information not just on this game, but on Wintory's creative process. Fascinating stuff, especially to someone who just isn't all that creative or talented. LOL

Thats awesome man glad that you enjoyed it.

MADGAME

I want to support the game, but disappointed reading Facebook comments that they are only focusing on digital at launch, at least for now. The $4 pre-order discount won't sway me.

I feel bad because my only comments have been in regards to a physical version, but it is because I really want the game. C'mon Giant Squid, do it!

Is the game 30 or 60 fps on ps4? Trying to decide between getting it on PC or ps4 for my wife. She doesn't care about graphics settings but cares about frame rate.

Raven77

For all the ocean game lovers on here, I want to HIGHLY recommend picking up a copy of Aquanauts Holiday for PS3. If you get the Korean version it is in full ENGLISH. It's not the greatest game ever, the controls take a bit getting used to and the gameplay is not super incredibly exciting but it is an awesome underwater exploration game. You can identify hundreds of fish / animals and view them in this log book sort of thing. It's got a decent, but sort of weird story about figuring this mystery out. The graphics are also fantastic. I'm about halfway through and am loving every minute of it! I snagged it years ago for 40 bucks, I think it's kind of expensive now...just google it to find where to buy it. As far as length goes...I'm sure it can be speed-run through in 8-10 hours but I've got about 10-12 hours in it and again feel like i'm maybe halfway.

671111739801536834.jpg

Aquanaut%E2%80%99s-Holiday-Ps33.jpg

Great trailer that gives you an idea of some of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV1oZQgm-GE

Atrophis

I always wanted to play that but never got round to it. Got Afrika and recently picked up Endless Ocean. I dig these games.

Matt Frost

Bound seems to be flying under the radar. Hell, I just want it for the graceful animations and seemingly weird trip through a shattered mind.

Shame since it looks amazing, for me as good as ABZÛ. I pre-ordered both. My friends... only did it with BOUND... Searched for a thread like this one for BOUND but found nothing, shame. Deckard could do it as well...

The sea is probably my greatest fear, yet I am mesmerized by it. Drawn to it, even.

Me too. I fear what's down there!

Shame since it looks amazing, for me as good as ABZÛ. I pre-ordered both. My friends... only did it with BOUND... Searched for a thread like this one for BOUND but found nothing, shame. Deckard could do it as well...

There's not enough known about Bound yet, strangely enough. The devs just say that "The Princess" is the player character and she has to solve a puzzle that players around the world will have to solve together.

Pretty vague.

Matt Frost

There's not enough known about Bound yet, strangely enough. The devs just say that "The Princess" is the player character and she has to solve a puzzle that players around the world will have to solve together.

Pretty vague.

Interesting. I wonder how "a puzzle that players around the world will have to solve together" will work out, guess I will find out on the 16th of august... thanks, didnt know about it...

So, bound is just about dancing to beat the levels?

I found this about BOUND:

Bound transports you into a beautiful, fantastical world that exists in the mind of a woman revisiting the memories of her childhood. You’ll use dance moves to traverse vast environments filled with platforming challenges. As the game progresses, the introspective story unfolds through powerful metaphor and imagery, adding emotional depth to the protagonist’s journey.

Top Bottom