• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

789shadow

Banned
Oh man, new prosecutor sounds awesome. And since he's in prison for murder, we'll finally have an antagonistic rival after so many games.

Oh man, new prosecutor sounds awesome. And since he's in prison for murder, we'll finally have an antagonistic rival after so many games.

Or he'll be the "knows he's innocent" types and be more relaxed like Godot. Honestly I assume we're going to have to eventually prove the murder he "committed" was in fact not his fault.

Sorian

Banned
Or he'll be the "knows he's innocent" types and be more relaxed like Godot. Honestly I assume we're going to have to eventually prove the murder he "committed" was in fact not his fault.

Apollo did it. I'd also love another bait and switch where we are starting to prove him innocent and he either confesses to you or some other key piece falls into place but some dilemma is stopping you from shutting the book on him.

GSR

I just had a horrible thought.

A prosecutor guilty of murder, brought back to court, in a game made by the AAI team, who are crazy about returning characters.

For the record, I don't seriously think they'd bring Godot back, but if they did I'd nope so hard.

cjkeats

This new persecutor sounds interesting. Not sure what to make of it.

I don't mind returning characters like Larry and Gumshoe, but there are some who are unnecessary. No need for recurring witnesses.

Sorian

Banned

A prosecutor guilty of murder, brought back to court, in a game made by the AAI team, who are crazy about returning characters.

For the record, I don't seriously think they'd bring Godot back, but if they did I'd nope so hard.

I believe the announcement said that the prosecuter says he is innocent? I believe we are safe.

BlackJace

I hope they have more than 5 cases in AA5.

I feel as though five is the perfect length. Believe it or not, I think that AA games can overstay their welcome if they were to be longer than they currently are. AAI as an example; can you imagine if there was another case on top of the slogfest that was Turnabout Ablaze?

DaBoss

I feel as though five is the perfect length. Believe it or not, I think that AA games can overstay their welcome if they were to be longer than they currently are. AAI as an example; can you imagine if there was another case on top of the slogfest that was Turnabout Ablaze?

Well I know 5 is a good number, but man, I hate it when I get near the end. :(

And yea, that case was just crazy. It just dragged and dragged and dragged. I liked the fact that it wasn't over when you got the girl arrested, but boy did that take long.

FluxWaveZ

We still don't know what this new prosecutor looks like, huh. I wonder if he's supposed to be the owner of the silhouette at the end of the AA5 trailer.

Well I know 5 is a good number, but man, I hate it when I get near the end. :(

And yea, that case was just crazy. It just dragged and dragged and dragged. I liked the fact that it wasn't over when you got the girl arrested, but boy did that take long.

Alba
was one of the most annoyingly persistent villains of all time. Just when you think you're getting the upper hand, you're promptly shut down by
"STAB WOUND! HOT DOG BOX! HUBJHECTION!"

GSR

I believe the announcement said that the prosecuter says he is innocent? I believe we are safe.

Nah, there's nothing about his guilt or innocence, just that he's serving a sentence for murder.

Still no scans; 2ch is in the same boat as us, complete with "Jin = Godot" speculation.

EDIT: Scratch that, scans are up. Jin confirmed as the rival prosecutor. He also matches the silhouette.

Other notes: his accompanying quote is "To cut a man down in court... one must use a blade named 'evidence'", and he has a hawk on one shoulder and a feather in his mouth, as well as handcuffs.

The scan's cut off, but it says something about Apollo in case 2. Possibly that he's playable?

789shadow

Banned
Yes, I look forward eagerly to Phoenix getting attacked by that hawk. Also, this guy SHITS BADASSERY.

EDIT: Isn't this new thread in Gaming worthy?

I would think that they would know better than to bring back characters from the dead...in a way that doesn't include spirit mediums, I mean.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's a bit more than a little I think considering Layton 6 just came out in February in Japan. The crossover really should've been announced first if it's being localized.

It's a bit more than a little I think considering Layton 6 just came out in February in Japan. The crossover really should've been announced first if it's being localized.

That's what I thought too. I was expecting PLvsAA to take the place of the yearly Layton game. (October)

I don't know what Level5 is doing...

PK Gaming

Alba
was one of the most annoyingly persistent villains of all time. Just when you think you're getting the upper hand, you're promptly shut down by
"STAB WOUND! HOT DOG BOX! HUBJHECTION!"

lmao

tbh, i really enjoyed that last case until that happened

AAI is supremely underrated

lmao

tbh, i really enjoyed that last case until that happened

AAI is supremely underrated

Yeah, same here. The last case would've been one of the greats had the villain not worn out their welcome.

Also, AAI is awesome. It's still probably my second-least-favourite in the series; but considering this is one of my most beloved franchises, that's not saying much. People give it too much crap, IMO.

BlackJace

That last case was just so awful near the end though. But the game itself is great, I might even rate it above AJ and AA2.

Logic chess in AAI2 sounds so fucking cool...

AAI is okay, I like it but it lacks that extra something, not just the overall plot being a bit weak but the writing, the twists and turns, it never really reaches the level other games in the series did.
Edgeworth isn't snarky enough in the leading role, meanwhile I felt that Gumshoe gets made to be a bit too bumbling.

It has a top notch soundtrack though that's up there with the original, amazing cornered theme.

GSR

More info on AA5 from Famitsu:

Case 2’s title is difficult to translate, but it could be read as “Turnabout Monsters’ Parade” or something to that effect - the term used is 百鬼夜行, a term referring to groups of monsters or spirits proceeding through the night in a procession. The case features a Steel Samurai-like hero wearing a fox’s mask.

The case involves Apollo and Kokone investigating a “kitsune’s forest” filled with ‘ghosts’ (presumably all this is a movie or theme park), and Apollo is also playable in court, where Jin Yugami acts as prosecutor.

At one point, Apollo is mistaken for a ghost himself because of his hair!

BlackJace

Thanks, GSR.

That brings me to hope that the investigation locations will be even more colorful and interesting to explore.

Lusankya

PL6 was announced for release in 2014 for US market, so there is clearly a gap where Layton vs AA could fit in for the annual fall Layton game.

I should have been more precise. PL6 will be released this year in Europe.

Case 2’s title is difficult to translate, but it could be read as “Turnabout Monsters’ Parade” or something to that effect - the term used is 百鬼夜行, a term referring to groups of monsters or spirits proceeding through the night in a procession. The case features a Steel Samurai-like hero wearing a fox’s mask.

The case involves Apollo and Kokone investigating a “kitsune’s forest” filled with ‘ghosts’ (presumably all this is a movie or theme park), and Apollo is also playable in court, where Jin Yugami acts as prosecutor.

Sounds good. So basically we'll have two protagonists. Or maybe Phoenix will only be playable in the first case?

Lusankya

Dunno, it's just strange that we apparently play the complete second case as Apollo. But we have hardly enough informations to conclude anything.

Thank you :)

Looks like Apollo is still a defense attorney and hasn't turned prosecutor like some were speculating.

DaBoss

So this pretty much confirms Apollo will be an assistant too. At least he has some of the spotlight.

Fey

Banned
Ooh, so will this be like Mia or Edgeworth in T&T? Will Apollo and Phoenix switch during the cases, or will some cases be all Phoenix and some all Apollo?

Either way, I'm happy Apollo isn't being pushed to the side and is being treated pretty importantly.

GSR

Also, as the new avatar probably tipped you off, I'm loving Apollo's new artwork. Raidenpollo was cool, but nothing beats the original.

FluxWaveZ

Seeing OG Apollo was unexpectedly comforting as well as reading about how he joined Wright's law firm.

Still looking forward to the inevitable scene where he reappears all bandaged and awesome, though.

Top Bottom