• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

YES, I was worried the translation project would never be finished. At least this will be something to do while I wait for the 3DS games.

Also I hope they managed to work in funny names like previous localisations (ie. Calisto Yew)

Shouldn't be that hard to make pun names that match things like frank sawit and Luke atmey lol

Nemesis_

I'm so embarrassed I never realised what Luke Atmey was getting at.

ich4iwdnwEvvn.gif

Jesus christ, and I picked up Calisto Yew.

EDIT: Oh, and a few people PMed me for these, and I didn't recognise them so I assume they would be checking this thread.

Ace Attorney Film GIF Collection

Lusankya

Ahaha, the names are localized for over a year now. That was basically the first thing that was done. :)
I can paste the whole list, if you want.

Ahaha, the names are localized for over a year now. That was basically the first thing that was done. :)
I can paste the whole list, if you want.

Nah I'd rather be surprised when I actually play the game. Surprisingly I've not been spoiled on any parts of aai2

Shahadan

It's sad people are now loving apollo because Capcom played the "badass" card. Slap bandages and a mean look on a character and suddenly he's popular.
Tell me again that marketing and focus group are crap! :p

DaBoss

It's sad people are now loving apollo because Capcom played the "badass" card. Slap bandages and a mean look on a character and suddenly he's popular.

Well that isn't the only thing though. He looks infinitely more confident in this game than he did in Apollo Justice. I never hated him, but I like AA5 Apollo a lot more.

FluxWaveZ

I think a large amount of people were just happy to see him return, and in a significant manner too. I didn't dislike Apollo, but his character was barely developed in AJ (from what I remember) and he almost seemed like a Phoenix 0.5.

I think it's more because he has almost no development or personality in AA4. Things happened to him and around him but not because of him.

Now it seems like he is getting some legs to stand on.

Busaiku

After all these years, I finally started the other Ace Attorney games.
I beat the very 1st game way back in 2005, and loved it, but I dunno why I never got around to the other games until now.

Of course I know of many of the characters and whatnot due to all the homages throughout all sorts of cartoons/comics and all the memes and whatnot, but luckily I still managed to avoid story spoilers for the most part.

Kinda disappointed that Capcom never bothered to update the rest of the games to acknowledge From The Ashes though (still only on the 3rd case of the Justice For All though).

Gotta say though, there are tons of grammar/spelling issues littered throughout Justice For All, it's really getting to me.
Can I expect this level of quality for the rest of the games? I thought the 1st game was alright, I even replayed it before getting to Justice For All, and I don't remember getting all annoyed like I am now.

Moonlight

Banned
Gotta say though, there are tons of grammar/spelling issues littered throughout Justice For All, it's really getting to me.
Can I expect this level of quality for the rest of the games? I thought the 1st game was alright, I even replayed it before getting to Justice For All, and I don't remember getting all annoyed like I am now.
Justice For All is something of an exception, to my understanding. I don't recall any glaring errors in T&T or Apollo Justice.

Speaking of, I finally got around to playing and finishing Trials & Tribulations. I'm a bit ashamed to say that it's been a big gap in my Ace Attorney experience for a long time, and I'm really happy to have finally gotten around to playing it. And all I have to say is that this game had one of the best finales I've ever played through in a game. Holy shit.

These must be... my tears. ;_;

Sorian

Banned
Justice For All is something of an exception, to my understanding. I don't recall any glaring errors in T&T or Apollo Justice.

Speaking of, I finally got around to playing and finishing Trials & Tribulations. I'm a bit ashamed to say that it's been a big gap in my Ace Attorney experience for a long time, and I'm really happy to have finally gotten around to playing it. And all I have to say is that this game had one of the best finales I've ever played through in a game. Holy shit.

Going off of the spoilers for end of T&T.

They had already done the prosecutor being the real criminal trope already but damn me if they didn't turn it on its head when it came to Godot and how the player felt once the pieces clicked into place and you had to tell the world about it. Diego was a real man.

PKrockin

I know, man. What a way to wrap up the trilogy. Then this song starts playing ;_;

Busaiku

Man, Justice For Al feels like it's dragging on forever.
I'll probably have less hours in it than the 1st game, but it feels like so much longer, and not in the good way.

Thoraxes

It's pretty much at the top of my favorite game experience of all time.

I have yet to play anything yet on that level that got me that much. Like holy shit.
I know, man. What a way to wrap up the trilogy. Then this song starts playing ;_;
No joke here, the second I clicked the link I got goosebumps and chills ran through my body.

GSR

Speaking of music, what's everyone's favorite court/confrontation themes?

For me it'd probably be:

Court Begins: AA3 (with PLvsAA a close second)

Cross-Examination: AA3 for both Moderato and Allegro (with PLvsAA a close second once more)

Objection!: AA4 (with AAI2 a close second)

Announce the Truth: AA4 (with AA2 and PLvsAA battling for second)

Pursuit: AA3 (with AAI2 a close second)

It feels kind of weird not to list any of AA1's themes, but honestly after hearing them rearranged so many times I think they've lost their impact for me.

Lusankya

Court Begins: AA3
Cross-Examination: AA2 (Moderato), AA3 (Allegro), AAI2 (Presto)
Objection: AA1
Announce the Truth: Can't decide between AA1, AA3 and AAI1
Pursuit: AA1

Adding some other recurring themes.
Investigation - Opening: AAI1
Investigation - In the Midst: AA3
Investigation - Core: AA4 and AA2

It feels kind of weird not to list any of AA1's themes, but honestly after hearing them rearranged so many times I think they've lost their impact for me.
To me the classic Objection and Pursuit themes from AA1 are still by far the best.

Court Begins: Ace Attorney Investigations
Yeah this is kind of a cheat as AAI doesn't have proper court sections but the theme itself feels like its ripping straight from the style used in AA3 (same composer if i'm not mistaken) and it's got some great forcefulness behind it. Of course if this doesn't count chalk me up for AA3 as well.

Cross Examination Moderate: Ace Attorney
Cross Examination Allegro: Trials and Tribulations
Cheating once again, the law would not be in my favour, picking between the original CE theme and T&T's version is hard, too hard for me. The original moderate version has an air of mystery to it giving off a nice puzzling feel as well as being enjoyable in its simplicity, the allegro version really ups the tempo in a great way.
T&T meanwhile is simply okay at moderate but then ramps up in intensity for the allegro push that really give me the feel of being on the final push to crack through someone's lies with some nice escalation as the theme progresses.

Objection: Apollo Justice
It's very close between this and the original but in the end Apollo's has that extra kick to it, here comes Justice indeed. It's one of those tracks that I can just keep on looping without tiring of it.

Announce the Truth: Ace Attorney Investigations
This was another tough choice, T&T and the original are all kinds of great, hell even JFA ain't so bad here but I had to give the nod to Investigations. The piano is powerful, the strings like sound working with the piano meshes wonderfully, one hell of a revelation like theme.

Cornered: Ace Attorney Investigations
As classic as the original cornered theme is, as much as it lights a victorious fire under my backside I can't deny my love for Investigations snazzy and fast paced take on cornered. Edgeworth's various themes have a kind of classier undertone to most of them that fits the character well and the piano is always a treat. It'll never be considered the classic like the original cornered is but I think it's right up there in quality.

Victory theme: Justice For All
Even JFA gets its moment here, no other court victory theme comes across quite as jubilant, perhaps it's a bit too peppy but i'm all for it.

Court Begins: Ace Attorney 3 I love the sense of finality in theme, which makes sense given AA3 wraps up the initial trilogy. And as pointed out, it's used masterfully at the conclusion of the final case.

Cross Examination (Moderate) Ace Attorney 1
I don't know what it is about this theme that makes it go so perfectly with cross examinations.

(Allegro) Ace Attorney 3 (AA4 comes in a close second)

Objection: Really hard to pick between AA1 and AA4, but I guess I'll give the latter the nod.

Announce the Truth: Ace Attorney 3 by far.
There's this one bit in either 2-2 or 2-3 where there's a good stretch of back and forth objections (like, 5 or so, maybe even 6) between Phoenix and Godot with this song playing all the while. Works really well when it's used. AA4 and AAI have great ones, too.

Pursuit: This is a hard one. I like them all aside from AA2's. I guess I'd have to call it a solid tie between AA1 and AA3. (I wonder if the AA1 theme will come up in the fith game, considering it snuck it's way into every mainline game in the series at least once.)

Victory: Ace Attorney 3

And just for the hell of including other recurring jingles/themes outside the courtroom:

-----

Courtroom Lobby: Ace Attorney 4
I don't think there's really a bad lobby theme in the series, though.

Investigation: (Opening) Ace Attorney 1

(Core) Close tie between AA1 and AA4.
The AA1 theme always tends to go well with those "This changes everything" moments in the game.

Jingle: I really like Ace Attorney 3's. Yeah, it's a short little ditty, but a pleasant one all the same.

Mr. RHC

I must say, out of all games, Justice For All had my least favourite soundtrack.

Examination: PW:AA By far.

Objection: Again; PW:AA, this is Pheonix Wright, Ace Attorney!. AAI a strong contender, though.

First game bonus takes the cake with the above.

Court Begins: T&T, nothing beats the majestic atmosphere of a court room.

Announce The Truth:

Ace Attorney Investigations takes this cake. There is perfection in drama and tension with this track. Adding the Edgeworth theme to it was brilliant.

Pursuit: I knew this was gonna be a hard one after listening to AA, oh well let's see. It comes down to T&T and AAI in the end. It is a tie.

---

Dick Gumshoe: I loved the new version in AAI, but the original is awesome.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Well, I have done it, I have finally pulled the trigger.
I've gotten myself a really good deal on a Nintendo DS Lite and the 4th Ace Attorney game.
I hope it will be fun!

I'm in the middle of a playthrough of Justice For All, and just finished 2-3.

As much shit as I give that case, I forgot just how well done the latter half (particularly when
Acro comes into play
) of the case is. That first investigation really does put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth, and rightly so; it's annoying as hell. But I'm starting to think the dislike for that portion of the case really overshadows what ends up being a pretty good conclusion. I started the case just wanting to get things over with so that I can move on to 2-4, but I actually came out of it with a little more respect for it. It's still one of my least favorite cases in the series, but now it has more to do with that first half just being really, really, annoying.

That said, I can't wait to start 2-4 again. I've always championed 3-5 as the the absolute best case in the series, but given how my opinion has changed on 2-3, I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion on 2-4 (I think it's easily the second best, currently) changes as well.

Groof

Man, I'm so jelly of all you peeps that get to play/replay the first trilogy... I'm finally at a point where I feel like I've forgotten most of the finer details and like I can replay them like they deserve but can't due to a borked DS. They need to hurry the fuck up with the HD rereleases :(

Cody_D165

Banned

As much shit as I give that case, I forgot just how well done the latter half (particularly when
Acro comes into play
) of the case is. That first investigation really does put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth, and rightly so; it's annoying as hell. But I'm starting to think the dislike for that portion of the case really overshadows what ends up being a pretty good conclusion. I started the case just wanting to get things over with so that I can move on to 2-4, but I actually came out of it with a little more respect for it. It's still one of my least favorite cases in the series, but now it has more to do with that first half just being really, really, annoying.

That said, I can't wait to start 2-4 again. I've always championed 3-5 as the the absolute best case in the series, but given how my opinion has changed on 2-3, I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion on 2-4 (I think it's easily the second best, currently) changes as well.

Yeah, I personally thought that
Acro was one of JFA's more memorable characters

Man, I'm so jelly of all you peeps that get to play/replay the first trilogy... I'm finally at a point where I feel like I've forgotten most of the finer details and like I can replay them like they deserve but can't due to a borked DS. They need to hurry the fuck up with the HD rereleases :(

Seems like a good time to invest in a 3DS. After all AA5 is on the horizon!

Save up if you can! It's worth it! :O

Acro comes into play
This is timely as in the recent "Levels that everyone seems to hate but you" thread I used 2-3 as one of my examples, the first day is a bit meandering but business picks up after that and the case resolves itself in an interesting way that's less typical than your standard Ace Attorney case finale.

FluxWaveZ

I'm so conflicted.

Dude, it's coming out. It's all good to "stick it to the man" or whatever peoples' motivation is to skip the game because it won't have a retail release, but it's better than the series being fucking dead outside of Japan. We didn't get AAI2, we're not getting PLvAA anytime soon and, frankly, it's a goddamn miracle that we're even getting AA5 at this point.

cjkeats

Because it's on the 3DS. That's peoples problem with download only.

My problem is that I had a foolish dream of that glorious figure coming. Oh well.

Groof

Dude, it's coming out. It's all good to "stick it to the man" or whatever peoples' motivation is to skip the game because it won't have a retail release, but it's better than the series being fucking dead outside of Japan. We didn't get AAI2, we're not getting PLvAA anytime soon and, frankly, it's a goddamn miracle that we're even getting AA5 at this point.

I'm going with this. I'm dancing like a madman knowing it's confirmed for release here. I'll endure and take the hit if it ever were to come to that.

Lusankya

Actually I want to go all DD. Currently I am playing Fire Emblem, but I also want to play my daily Professor Layton puzzle and I absolutely HATE TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGES ALL THE TIME! :mad:

I just wish Nintendo were to introduce an account ssystem...

Top Bottom