• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

DaBoss

really love the beginning strings chorus portion of pursuit. Wish it was a bit longer though.

Speaking of AA music. What's y'all's opinion on the transition of the gba games 'snes era bullet hell style' music vs the ds/3ds games which feel a bit more 'classy' with the strings and piano?

Been soo long since music classes, I forgot all the terms :(

I feel the classy music fits well especially with the idea that the king is back...Phoenix Wright! That objection song especially exemplifies that.

hmmmm i think i'm probably in the minority, but i've never been a huge fan of Objection theme of the series.

When I hear it, i'm like 'when is it time for Cornered/Pursuit' D:

not diggin on the music, but more to how I enjoyed the games lol.

DaBoss

Yea, I typically like Cornered/Pursuit more myself, but in this game, it seems objection got a total "facelift".

Lusankya

Speaking of AA music. What's y'all's opinion on the transition of the gba games 'snes era bullet hell style' music vs the ds/3ds games which feel a bit more 'classy' with the strings and piano?

It's great. I listened to all orchestral arrangements of the old songs and also loved them, so it was easy for me to get used to the new tracks.

iavi

Gotta be honest; not really feeling the current crop of AA5 tracks out there. After hearing the phenomenal work done on AA X Layton, this all feels like a big step back.

Ath

Really love Objection 2013 and the way it remixes Objection 2004. I'd say 2004 is probably my 2nd favourite Objection theme (next to the original), though I think the Special Blend Mix version is even better. 2013 actually sounds closer to the Special Blend Mix to me which is awesome.

I started my series replay last night. Seemed like a good time to start. I wanna play all the games in the series (AAI2 :( ) before the release of AA5 without getting burned out by the time AA5 comes out. I played up to the second half of case 2. Even though I have played through the series multiple times it always feels like the first time. Every character quirk, sarcastic commentary, humor and suspenseful moment instantly bring me back to how I felt the first time I played. I love playing these games right before bed, in the dark and with headphones on. Perfect atmosphere.

Man I really wanna hear AA5 and AAI2 music so bad but I consider that spoilers so I will continue to be left in the dark. Youtube remix searches make it hard though.

So, unsatisfied with musical domination, AA is set to continue its conquest of the stage in Japan with a new play this summer.

http://www.gyakutensaiban-stage.com/

It's only running for about a week, but it's still cool to see the series get such varied depictions.

Man what is that the third or fourth play already? You would think with such a huge success that that the rest of the world would wanna try a stab at a localization of the play. It could actually freshen up the art a bit.

I think Japan has had every single media outlet for Ace Attorney there is game, artbooks, manga, magaziens, movie, plays, music albums ect. ect. So it's amazing to think there isn't an anime of it, considering Japan and all. It's funny because I think it could easily be a great anime with it's structure and all.

BlackJace

Would you guys like it if they upped the ante during Confrontations or Cross Examinations by making them timed? Like, if you fail to make a correct objection, the person being confronted gets frustrated and leaves.

789shadow

Banned
Would you guys like it if they upped the ante during Confrontations or Cross Examinations by making them timed? Like, if you fail to make a correct objection, the person being confronted gets frustrated and leaves.
Wouldn't matter because instant save anywhere.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, I'm really not into that idea at all. It could be cool for a few special sections such as the cross-examination in which if you pressed on an irrelevant point you automatically lost.

GSR

I remember there was a fangame that did that. And AAI2 sort of did it with the Logic Chess segments, which were timed (but just involved making dialogue choices, not searching through evidence).

Moonlight

Banned
I wouldn't be a fan of that at all. Besides, it wouldn't make much sense - particularly for Cross Examinations. You can't exactly just 'leave' a witness stand.

BlackJace

I wouldn't be a fan of that at all. Besides, it wouldn't make much sense - particularly for Cross Examinations. You can't exactly just 'leave' a witness stand.

I guess in that case, the prosecutor or judge would get frustrated and deem it a waste of time.

Lusankya

Nah, I'm really not into that idea at all. It could be cool for a few special sections such as the cross-examination in which if you pressed on an irrelevant point you automatically lost.

Wasn't there such a section in one of the older games? I remember a part where you weren't allowed to unnecessarily press statements. Case 3-2?

Milamber

So apparently, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy HD on iOS is finally scheduled for release next week on the 30th.

Game is "free" with the first 2 cases of the first part of the trilogy unlocked. The whole first part of the trilogy can be bought at $5.99.

Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, will be available for $6.99 each.

OR you can just buy all three games for a price of $16.99.

EDIT: Now my only problem is whether they have shared saves across iOS devices.

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't there such a section in one of the older games? I remember a part where you weren't allowed to unnecessarily press statements. Case 3-2?

That's what I meant. Since that was a special section, it was a pretty neat cross-examination so I think a timed one could work if it didn't happen every time but intentionally fit the context of the narrative.

Omikaru

I'm going to assume that whatever's shown in the run-up to the Japanese release will eventually be shown in the run-up to the English language release too, just closer to our release date, so I'm not too bothered about watching all the stuff from the Japanese directs. We'll get it at some point.

That said, I'm already hyped and sold on this, so maybe going dark is a good idea...

I just started playing the first game in the series for the first time. I recently got a DS so I'm still adjusting to the usage of Dual Screens.

The game is pretty interesting so far- I'm on my second case, at the trial of Maya, interrogating April May. I still having trouble with the mechanics- can I "press" all the time without any negative consequences? Do I present evidence only during cross examinations? As I play more I will become more familiar with the mechanics but at the moment I get a little anxious of making mistakes ! I don't want to screw up the trial!

I really like the characters and the writing so far.

I guess that's all I wanted to share at the moment. I hope to discuss more with you guys in this thread but I'm just anal about spoilers.

can I "press" all the time without any negative consequences?
Yep, by all means press away, well aside from a few specific moments in some other cases in later games which will be mentioned to you anyway.

Do I present evidence only during cross examinations? As I play more I will become more familiar with the mechanics but at the moment I get a little anxious of making mistakes ! I don't want to screw up the trial!
Well there's numerous points where you'll present evidence, it can be during a witness testimony to counteract their statement, when you're specifically asked to show evidence to back up a claim and also out of court you can show evidence to people in order to progress through the investigation opening up new dialogue options and what not.

Though I figure you know this much at least from the first case and the brief bit of investigation you'd have already done.

Moonlight

Banned
For posterity's sake, here's the timestamp during the Nintendo Direct of the new AA5 trailer.

Lots of interesting stuff, of course, and I'd write up a summary if I weren't so fried, but we've at last got confirmation on two interesting cameos,
Pearls
and
Klavier
. The former being this link and the latter being this one.
Pearls is all grown up
! This really fired me up, to say the least. I'm not sure what the word is on media black-outs for the thread, so I'm spoilering where relevant just in case.

Lusankya

While it's all official informations and barely contains any spoilers, there are some people who like to be kept in the dark until they play the game. While these people surely won't visit the thread about e.g. the Nintendo direct, they probably still read this thread. So I guess we should use spoiler tags for all detailed and unexpected informations we got from the trailer.

FluxWaveZ

I like how
Pearl's name is all question marks at around the 5:35 mark.
Like, who could this be???
Maybe it's from Apollo's perspective or something, but if it isn't I guess it's just the typical way of reintroducing a character the player might not be familiar with.

Moonlight

Banned
I feel like they
come as a set, honestly. I really cannot imagine Pearls showing up and Maya not. And vice versa, really. So, it's actually given me hope that she'll show up in some capacity.

I hope I'm right, at least.

Ehhh... I'd think Maya would probably be preoccupied with the responsibilities she has being the Kurain Master and all.
Pearl is about the same age Maya was when she first met Phoenix though, so her showing up again makes sense.

Top Bottom