• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

But that's different, because it's a port to a smartphone. And you could immediately buy all episodes for only 1500 (1200) Yen.

When I think of "episodic" I think of The Walking Dead, you know, when there are months between the release of two episodes. But Ace Attorney 5 is completely finished.

Well, what if this is the only way we're getting "timely releases"... oh boy :(

Cody_D165

Banned
When I think of "episodic" I think of The Walking Dead, you know, when there are months between the release of two episodes. But Ace Attorney 5 is completely finished.

Whether the game is finished or not doesn't make a difference. I'm sure they could easily find a way to split the game's cases up into individual packages. It's almost disgusting to think about.

Refyref

As long as they got JP back to voice Apollo; we're good in terms of voice acting. I'm really curious to know who would voice Miles, Gumshoe and Maya if they made a cameo, though.

JP as in PlatinumGamesJP? A little Google says yes. In that case, I doubt he will return either.

But that's different, because it's a port to a smartphone. And you could immediately buy all episodes for only 1500 (1200) Yen.

Oh no! I didn't think of that! I really don't want them to release the game slowly episode by episode! D:

if it's episodic it's probably gonna be like how Ghost Trick was on ios.

intro case is free. You can buy other cases a la carte or in a bundle for a discount price.

DaBoss

sven is hinting at something different with the pricing, which probably either means, lower msrp (yay!) or episodic model (nay!)

But he stated it is different compared to a retail release which has this stuff that would all be a part of the cost: "A retail release would necessitate changes to code, another QA pass, a seperate submission to NOA/NCL, 45 days of manufacturing/shipping time and significant physical COGs"

And the timely release part seems to be the faster than usual localization.

GSR

On a completely different note, Phoenix's voice in the trailer definitely sounds like Sam Riegel (who did Phoenix in UMvsC3). I'm not the biggest fan of his Phoenix, but I'm not surprised they went with him.

Wonder who they'll get for Apollo.

On a completely different note, Phoenix's voice in the trailer definitely sounds like Sam Riegel (who did Phoenix in UMvsC3). I'm not the biggest fan of his Phoenix, but I'm not surprised they went with him.

I'm quite positive it's Riegel; which is fine because I like him.

"THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME... IS YOU! NO ALIBI, NO JUSTICE, NO DREAM, NO HOPE! IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES! TAKE THAT!"

Probably best to keep Sam Riegel in the role for this, the ace attorney film if they ever do an English dub, and of course Layton vs ace attorney if that ever gets localized

Lusankya

It's only provisional, but doesn't anyone else think the PEGI 16 rating is strange? The older games were 12+ and the first 7+. In Germany they were even rated 0+ and 6+.

Refyref

I'm not the biggest fan of Sam Riegel's Wright, but it's obvious they had to use a professional VA. Not only because Ben Judd left Capcom, but because they appear to have (or had) plans to increase Phoenix's appearance in more media. That would require him to say more than 3 catchphrases in middle-quality recordings.

I'm sure it'll be fine in the end, though.

It's only provisional, but doesn't anyone else think the PEGI 16 rating is strange? The older games were 12+ and the first 7+. In Germany they were even rated 0+ and 6+.

My guess is that they were taking the US rating into consideration when they evaluated it, and the target was T, which can sometimes possibly be 16+ in PEGI ratings, so they just put that there to be sure.
But who knows?

Omikaru

Probably their worst case scenario or something. Either that, or they feel the content in this one warrants the 16 rating.

PEGI haven't toughened up their classification criteria recently, have they?

Drago

After a month and a half break I finally got back into JFA thanks to AA5 hype.

Just finished Big Top a few minutes ago. Not a terrible case, just kinda boring. Saw the real culprit coming from a mile away... I was just wondering if someone could clear this up for me:
how did the surprise search cause Franzisca to lose the case, exactly? I don't get it. :[

Also, EDGEWORTH AHH

789shadow

Banned
After a month and a half break I finally got back into JFA thanks to AA5 hype.

Just finished Big Top a few minutes ago. Not a terrible case, just kinda boring. Saw the real culprit coming from a mile away... I was just wondering if someone could clear this up for me:
how did the surprise search cause Franzisca to lose the case, exactly? I don't get it. :[

Also, EDGEWORTH AHH
Since her goal is to find the defendant guilty, it caused her to lose the case by forcing Acro to hide the murder weapon in the only place he could, in his wheelchair, which Phoenix naturally figured out. Therefore, the defendant was found not guilty.

GSR

The usual Famitsu leaker we use didn't pick up this week's issue, but according to 2ch there's an AA5 article showing off two major returning characters. This should be taken as a rumor right now - we're still looking into it.

If true, the article shows off
Miles Edgeworth
and
Trucy Wright

789shadow

Banned
The usual Famitsu leaker we use didn't pick up this week's issue, but according to 2ch there's an AA5 article showing off two major returning characters. This should be taken as a rumor right now - we're still looking into it.

If true, the article shows off
Miles Edgeworth
and
Trucy Wright
Probably the two most likely to return, being so fucking important to Phoenix's life.

FluxWaveZ

I think I would have been a bit miffed if at least
Trucy
didn't show up.
Edgeworth
, however, is quite nice. If Maya were to return, that would make for all of the cameos I would need.

Lusankya

Scans of
Edgeworth
and
Trucy
are now available.

Boy, they look awesome!

Edgeworth apparently is now the chief prosecutor

Shahadan

I'm playing the demo even if I understand jack shit, but only hearing the sounds the letters make when they appear is like a nice fix of a long lost drug *_*

Lusankya

"Walkthrough" for the demo, if anybody needs it:
Evidence:
In Barashima's Cross Examination, present the elephant toy (Netsuzou-kun) At statement 4)

Kokoro Scope:
Morizumi:
1- Present the "Happy" face (Green) when indicated (It's part of the tutorial)
2- Present the "Sad" face (Blue) at the statement showing the picture of Apollo helping Morizumi.

Evidence:
Present the Toy's Tail when prompted

Shahadan

"Walkthrough" for the demo, if anybody needs it:
Evidence:
In Barashima's Cross Examination, present the elephant toy (Netsuzou-kun) At statement 4)

Kokoro Scope:
Morizumi:
1- Present the "Happy" face (Green) when indicated (It's part of the tutorial)
2- Present the "Sad" face (Blue) at the statement showing the picture of Apollo helping Morizumi.

Evidence:
Present the Toy's Tail when prompted

Thank you!
Finished it with your help.

Music is really nice. I'm hyped.

Drago

Just marathined through JFA Case 4 and beat the game.

What a case. What. A. Fucking. Case!!!

Completely makes up for the lackluster 1st and 3rd and Alright 2nd case. I don't know if I'd say it's better than the incredible 4th and 5th cases of the first game, but it's definitely up there. Also, I still don't like Franzisca. Edgeworth > *

Will buy and play through T&T next month probably - super excited for that one.

Shahadan

Just marathined through JFA Case 4 and beat the game.

What a case. What. A. Fucking. Case!!!

Completely makes up for the lackluster 1st and 3rd and Alright 2nd case. I don't know if I'd say it's better than the incredible 4th and 5th cases of the first game, but it's definitely up there. Also, I still don't like Franzisca. Edgeworth > *

Will buy and play through T&T next month probably - super excited for that one.

I wish I could experience that final case for the first time again *_*
And T&T too *_*
you're in for a treat.

Lusankya

I know, right? I'm in the middle of replaying that case as well.

Trials and Tribulations should be a real treat for you. It's the most solid game in the series by far. Even the filler cases are great!

And personally I think 3-4+3-5 easily beat even 2-4 as best case.

Salsa

I went back to Apollo, wich I was replaying since like last month or so

man Serenade really does fuckin suck, I went it with "maybe it isnt as bad as I remember"

GSR

I have to say, though I didn't like it at first, the DD Pursuit theme has really grown on me. That last third (after the electric guitar section) really makes it.

I have to say, though I didn't like it at first, the DD Pursuit theme has really grown on me. That last third (after the electric guitar section) really makes it.

Oh Bolt I meant to ask you, the new prosecutor is his yell something new like the "not so fast" from investigations? Watching your subbed video made me curious

really love the beginning strings chorus portion of pursuit. Wish it was a bit longer though.

Speaking of AA music. What's y'all's opinion on the transition of the gba games 'snes era bullet hell style' music vs the ds/3ds games which feel a bit more 'classy' with the strings and piano?

Been soo long since music classes, I forgot all the terms :(

really love the beginning strings chorus portion of pursuit. Wish it was a bit longer though.

Speaking of AA music. What's y'all's opinion on the transition of the gba games 'snes era bullet hell style' music vs the ds/3ds games which feel a bit more 'classy' with the strings and piano?

Been soo long since music classes, I forgot all the terms :(

I think it feels like a pretty natural transition, to be honest. It sounds a lot more grand, but still sounds distinctly like Ace Attorney to me.

On that note, I really love the Mood Matrix music.

The timbre of the new pieces is definitely different; but whether or not that's a good thing varies from song to song.

I love Apollo Justice's Pursuit theme (it's my favourite in the series), but I'm not a huge fan of that game's Courtroom theme. Conversely, The Fragrence of Dark Coffee (and especially its orchestral version) is the best song in the series, so it's not all just cut-and-dry.

Oh, what the heck. I'll share with you all my signature therapeutic technique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhdez_qVX4

http://www.rainymood.com/

Top Bottom