• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My hype for AA5 is slightly hampered by the lack of physical release. Slightly. Very slightly. Dat goddamn trailer. Hnnng.

Someone posted this in another thread, but... look at the hand in particular

7eXEYiL.png

yeah this game isn't one to play on ipad.

a retina iphone is the proper way so you don't see all the flaws.

GSR

So, question: I'm likely going to have a 3DS recording setup by the time AA5 comes out. What sort of stuff would people be interested in seeing direct-feed of?

I'm planning to probably record the entire first case and put it on YouTube in any event.

Okay so I'm replaying AA1 Case 5 right now and something hit me. Could some one please explain how SPOILERS

How does Neil Marshall win the King of Prosecutors award two years ago, when Von Karma was still a Prosecutor then. When examining the award Phoenix even says "Someone's name is listed a bunch. Von Karma." So how does Neil win if Von Karma is undefeated?

Maybe
Marshall was also undefeated for that year and his level of undefeatedness was somehow more impressive than Von Karma's streak on this occasion.

Okay so I'm replaying AA1 Case 5 right now and something hit me. Could some one please explain how SPOILERS

How does Neil Marshall win the King of Prosecutors award two years ago, when Von Karma was still a Prosecutor then. When examining the award Phoenix even says "Someone's name is listed a bunch. Von Karma." So how does Neil win if Von Karma is undefeated?

Von Karma could be working abroad that year, the award was for prosecutors with achievements in the country

Maybe
Marshall was also undefeated for that year and his level of undefeatedness was somehow more impressive than Von Karma's streak on this occasion.

This is what I'm guessing.
I'd wager Marshall probably had (and won) more cases than him in that year or something. Edgeworth won it once or twice too, IIRC.

Maybe

Well if that's true
it makes me think that losing that award is just a big as blunder to Von Karma's rep as the strike against Gregory Edgeworth. Why didn't Von Karma plot against Neil. Oh wait cause he dies lol

Also replaying this case makes me think

how similar motives both Gant and Red White have. Doing anything in the power to exploit others. Makes me wonder knowing how smart Gant was he would have to know about Red White and vise versa and if they had dirt on each other. Then there's a small tid bit during Case 2 when Wright confronts White in his office White calls the chief prosecutor (who at this time should be Lana Skye) to arrest him. White then even says "Chief Prosecutor you are not in a position to disobey me." This would imply that White knows about Gant's control over Lana and he would use this to black mail her into doing his bidding as well. This is really awesome throwback with great insight but the only thing against this notion is that the chief prosecutor speaks with the "male" dialogue beeps and not the "female" beeps. Although storywise Lana is the Cheif Prosecutor at that time so...

789shadow

Banned
Well if that's true
it makes me think that losing that award is just a big as blunder to Von Karma's rep as the strike against Gregory Edgeworth. Why didn't Von Karma plot against Neil. Oh wait cause he dies lol

Also replaying this case makes me think

how similar motives both Gant and Red White have. Doing anything in the power to exploit others. Makes me wonder knowing how smart Gant was he would have to know about Red White and vise versa and if they had dirt on each other. Then there's a small tid bit during Case 2 when Wright confronts White in his office White calls the chief prosecutor (who at this time should be Lana Skye) to arrest him. White then even says "Chief Prosecutor you are not in a position to disobey me." This would imply that White knows about Gant's control over Lana and he would use this to black mail her into doing his bidding as well. This is really awesome throwback with great insight but the only thing against this notion is that the chief prosecutor speaks with the "male" dialogue beeps and not the "female" beeps. Although storywise Lana is the Cheif Prosecutor at that time so...
Rise from the Ashes is a bit weird.

GSR

Copying and pasting my C-R post on this.

dkNIbUo.png

The official GS5 site just got updated, bringing with it a voice cast for the game, info on some new systems, and a little more on cases 2 and 3. This post'll be updated as we translate it.

The announced cast:
Phoenix Wright: Takayuki Kondou
Apollo Justice: KENN
Athena Cykes: Megumi Han
Jin Yuugami: Shunsuke Sakuya
Gouzou Ban: Biichi Satou
Miles Edgeworth: Eiji Takemoto
Gaspen Payne: Hisashi Izumi
The Judge: Bunmei Tobayama

X83GjKu.jpg
3q0pzpX.jpg

The official site also gave us some more hints to case two, and a new use for the Mood Matrix. Yumemi Tenma, Trucy’s friend, is called upon to testify - but she’s utterly terrified of ghosts. So terrified, in fact, that she’s convinced the murder scene was crawling with them! All the Mood Matrix can pick up is “Fear”.

Apollo uses the Mood Matrix to point out that the ghost Yumemi thought she saw riding some sort of wheel in the air was actually the room’s chandelier.

Ac5MeEn.jpg
ShDKEyM.jpg

Later, Kumabee starts sweating in court when the topic of Tenma Tarou comes up, and Apollo’s bracelet picks up on something. Before he can focus, though, Jin’s hawk Gin pops up out of nowhere and attacks poor Polly! The site notes that under these conditions, Apollo can’t possibly use his Perceive ability.

niTRW5k.jpg
Vdr3cdk.jpg

Lastly, the site introduced the “Thought Route” (カンガエルート kangae ruuto) system, which you probably saw in last week’s trailer.

When the trial has reached its climax, Apollo and the others might find that though they know the truth, they still can’t quite nail the true criminal. When this happens, Apollo reviews the facts that have come to light and uses them to build a train of thought leading to a new deduction. The player is presented with a series of choices of varying kinds (items connected to the case, facts that were revealed in court, etc.) and must choose the correct one to advance the reasoning towards one final fact.

(As an aside, there’s nothing saying this system is unique to Apollo, he’s just the example provided.)

Finally, the site teased case 3, taking place in some sort of school in the middle of a festival. The place is plastered with all sorts of stuff related to law, crime, and prosecutors, and if you look in the back, you can see a live performance being advertised. I wonder who might pop up here…?

McNum

I love that part of the first game.

If you have Phoenix Wright on the ropes, do not give him ANY openings, no matter how tiny or bizarre, because he will take it.

And Von Karma has still arranged for the parrot to be retrained so it wouldn't say the most incriminating line. We're talking about a man who had a contingency plan for if the defense opted to call in the parrot as a witness... and he still left a tiny opening for Phoenix to slip through.

Refyref

AAI had some weird antics as well.

I love that part of the first game.

If you have Phoenix Wright on the ropes, do not give him ANY openings, no matter how tiny or bizarre, because he will take it.

And Von Karma has still arranged for the parrot to be retrained so it wouldn't say the most incriminating line. We're talking about a man who had a contingency plan for if the defense opted to call in the parrot as a witness... and he still left a tiny opening for Phoenix to slip through.

IIRC, it was Yogi who did that, after he heard Phoenix ask it the combination to the safe.

With the most heartwarming end. :')

Yeah, Recipe was great. So many good movie references in that case too; I wonder if the English script was written by someone different than usual.

Maya: "Is it Claw of the Tiger from that movie Rocko?"

Phoenix: "No, Maya; that is SPARDA."

Phoenix: "This guy's testimony's got more holes than the plot of The Grid: Revelations!"

Furio: "Now make like a tree and get out of here."

Viola: "*Godfather references everywhere*"

Busaiku

Finally got through Trials & Tribulations.
One thing that's weird about the universe is how quickly the death penalty is carried out.

Though I guess it does differ.
Did Godot get like a week though.

I am super super hyped for the release of AA5. This is the game that is making me buy a 3DS in a few months. Once I get it, it's time to replay through all the AA games to get ready for AA5.

On a related note, Capcom-Unity released screenshots recently for the English release of AA5: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...ual-destinies-images-will-raise-no-objections

The screenshots also give the English names of two of the new characters, most notably the new prosecutor: here in the west, he's known as Simon Blackquill. I honestly thought he'd have the last name Crowley, but oh well. It's a good sounding name for the grim looking gent.

Welcome, sir! Hope you enjoy our community!

Wow, Simon Blackquill is actually a really cool name. I'm still looking forward to seeing how he points in those chains.

I'm trying to figure out some sort of pun within that name but I can't find one.
Outside of Quill being a bird feather and the guy wearing Black.

Now Ted Tonate on the other hand, love it.

I'm trying to figure out some sort of pun within that name but I can't find one.
Outside of Quill being a bird feather and the guy wearing Black.

Now Ted Tonate on the other hand, love it.

"Simon" is a Hebrew name that can mean "hearing," which refers to his status as both a convicited criminal and a prosecutor.

"Black" can also refer to his dark past or "black heart," so to speak.

DaBoss

I am super super hyped for the release of AA5. This is the game that is making me buy a 3DS in a few months. Once I get it, it's time to replay through all the AA games to get ready for AA5.

On a related note, Capcom-Unity released screenshots recently for the English release of AA5: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...ual-destinies-images-will-raise-no-objections

The screenshots also give the English names of two of the new characters, most notably the new prosecutor: here in the west, he's known as Simon Blackquill. I honestly thought he'd have the last name Crowley, but oh well. It's a good sounding name for the grim looking gent.

Thanks for the link. Someone should make a thread for the new screenshots. And make the thread title contain a spoiler warning.

And a date. Hopefully a date.

I'm going to place my wager on October for now. Not too much going on in that month for now aside from Pokémon, and people browsing the eShop to buy said game might curiosity buy DD while they're at it.

Plus I just really want it before midterms in order to preserve my productivity D:

Top Bottom