• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Moonlight

Banned
Ehhh... I'd think Maya would probably be preoccupied with the responsibilities she has being the Kurain Master and all.
Pearl is about the same age Maya was when she first met Phoenix though, so her showing up again makes sense.
Would probably be a good idea to spoiler tag your original post.

I really don't think it'd be difficult to justify Maya's presence, regardless. I can't picture her as being someone who'd put her duties over friends, least of all Phoenix - and going by all the Steel Samurai tapes she sent Phoenix, and his subsequent comment regarding them, I don't think she's changed all too much.

Dont worry
Pearl will channel her
It wouldn't be the same. :(

Would probably be a good idea to spoiler tag your original post.

Yeah, slipped my mind to tag that bit.

I really don't think it'd be difficult to justify Maya's presence, regardless. I can't picture her as being someone who'd put her duties over friends, least of all Phoenix - and going by all the Steel Samurai tapes she sent Phoenix, and his subsequent comment regarding them, I don't think she's changed all too much.

Fair enough. I'd just hope that if she does show up, it'll feel natural, and not forced just for the sake of fanservice. (Which I'm a bit concerned about, given the team behind this game)

Shahadan

Maya has to appear in some form in this game

zhIkZJD.gif

Lusankya

Fair enough. I'd just hope that if she does show up, it'll feel natural, and not forced just for the sake of fanservice. (Which I'm a bit concerned about, given the team behind this game)

Well, regarding the fanservice (spoiler for confirmed recurring characters):

Apollo, Trucy and Klavier are obviously no fanservice as it's completely normal that they would appear in the direct successor of the game in which they were introduced as major characters.

You could consider Pearl and Edgeworth as fanservice, because they played no role in AJ, but it just makes sense that they would come back to see Phoenix as soon as he gets his badge back. Also Pearl probably gives Phoenix the magatama back.

Ema and Maya are unconfirmed as of now, but their appearance would make sense as well.

Of course Phoenix has many friends so you could justify them all, but I think there is no reason to include Gumshoe, Franziska, Larry or minor characters like Lotta and Oldbag or AAI characters. They can be mentioned of course but nothing more in my opinion.

FluxWaveZ

Of course Phoenix has many friends so you could justify them all, but I think there is no reason to include Gumshoe, Franziska, Larry or minor characters like Lotta and Oldbag or AAI characters. They can be mentioned of course but nothing more in my opinion.

I disagree with
Gumshoe and maybe Franziska, solely because Edgeworth is there. They're part of his crew.

Lusankya

I disagree with
Gumshoe and maybe Franziska, solely because Edgeworth is there. They're part of his crew.

The last time we saw Gumshoe and Franziska as part of Edgeworth's crew was 7(?) years ago in AAI2. And if Gumshoe is still Edgeworth's detective then there is no place for Ema anymore and she has more right to be in AA5 than Gumshoe.

Moonlight

Banned
As much as I love Gumshoe, I definitely think if it's between him and Ema, Ema deserves it much more.

That said, there hasn't been an AA game that he hasn't been in so far. I don't think he'll be absolutely nowhere to be seen in the game, and if nothing else, I expect him to be acknowledged in some way.

As much as I love Gumshoe, I definitely think if it's between him and Ema, Ema deserves it much more.

That said, there hasn't been an AA game that he hasn't been in so far. I don't think he'll be absolutely nowhere to be seen in the game, and if nothing else, I expect him to be acknowledged in some way.

The new detective's personal goal will be striving reach the high standards of the legendary Dick Gumshoe, clearly it's what drives him to be so hot blooded.

Fey

Banned
Maya death jokes aren't even funny ok guys

[game/trailer spoilers]
ZOOOOOOOOOOOMGGGG Edgeworth AND Pearls in the game? So there is like a 0% chance Maya's not in it. ;______________;

Flarin

I just started playing the 1st game on my 3DS today. I love the old school look and sound. Very fun. Looking forward to digging into the series more!

Also, Dual Destinies is the first entry on 3DS (not counting Layton vs Wright) right?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Never played an AA game before, but watched the trailer for 5 the other day and thought it looked absolutely incredible, and something that I'd enjoy. So, I went and downloaded the iOS port of the original trilogy and just finished the first case. Yup, this is gonna be gud.

How long would it take to get through the 3 games?

Omikaru

Never played an AA game before, but watched the trailer for 5 the other day and thought it looked absolutely incredible, and something that I'd enjoy. So, I went and downloaded the iOS port of the original trilogy and just finished the first case. Yup, this is gonna be gud.

How long would it take to get through the 3 games?

I couldn't say for sure, but they are three full-length games, ranging between 9-15 hours each for someone on their first run (given the nature of the games, if you do a repeat play you will beat them much faster). The first case in each game is usually short (about an hour for a first time player not using a walkthrough), but subsequent cases are much longer, spanning several court sessions and crime scene investigations. Case 5 of the first game is particularly long; I think it took me about 3-4 hours to beat just that one case on my first play.

Whilst I can't give you a definite number, you've got a metric fuckton of game to enjoy. Have fun! :D

Sorian

Banned
OMG, I just watched the direct trailer. The phoenix wright games have always had the effect of giving me goosebumps when I see new things for it. Those characters, that music, and the god-tier story. God, I need this now.

Shit, that bad?

I bought it literally the minute I could, and I'm having a grand old time. I compared the HD sprites to the illustrations in my The Art of Ace Attorney book and they're pretty much 1:1, so I have absolutely no problem with recommending it to anyone. Anyone.

iuuZ3GAwPEnWE.jpg

Drago

I bought it literally the minute I could, and I'm having a grand old time. I compared the HD sprites to the illustrations in my The Art of Ace Attorney book and they're pretty much 1:1, so I have absolutely no problem with recommending it to anyone. Anyone.

iuuZ3GAwPEnWE.jpg

tumblr_inline_mfpzoy3Dbi1r0tbdm.jpg

Drago

Maya's always had a mega-chin. It was just harder to notice due to the low resolution of the sprites.

Yeah I know, but while is pretty well hidden in the sprites, the chin is all I notice in the actual artwork :p

The HD trilogy for the most part is pretty good. Text is ok looking and the art looks great (for the most part), although it runs very choppily. Still worth it if you haven't played the originals, but I'd say playing the DS versions is still the best way to play through 'em, even though they're much more expensive relatively.

cjkeats

It looks super weird. A little unsettling even. But it plays and sounds exactly the same, so I guess I can't complain too much.

My biggest complaint is the lack of iPhone 5 support and the lack of cloud saves. Come the hell on.

Top Bottom