• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Ath

phoenixtwitter2_zpsf2408ff2.png

For a few glorious seconds, Phoenix Wright was trending worldwide on Twitter...

And yes, I have tailored trends switched off!

I have more issue with Nintendo here than I do Capcom. I'm grateful that it's being brought over, and I'll probably buy it. But I hate that that it's going to be tied to a digital platform as archaic as Nintendo's.

And I was looking forward to having that awesome box art on my shelf, too.

Actually I want to go all DD. Currently I am playing Fire Emblem, but I also want to play my daily Professor Layton puzzle and I absolutely HATE TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGES ALL THE TIME! :mad:

I just wish Nintendo were to introduce an account ssystem...

I love having Layton digital for daily puzzles alone

Groof

I have more issue with Nintendo here than I do Capcom. I'm grateful that it's being brought over, and I'll probably buy it. But I hate that that it's going to be tied to a digital platform as archaic as Nintendo's.

And I was looking forward to having that awesome box art on my shelf, too.

Lol this. Everyone's so busy hating on Capcom that they're forgetting that the true culprit in all of this is Nintendo. Capcom is doing what they can, as well as actually fucking releasing the game worldwide. People should be grateful just for that. But Nintendo's the one who fucked up their system so they're the ones who need to get ALL the hate, not split it between the two of them.

cjkeats

What does everyone think of the title? "Dual Destinies" must have some kind of story relevance with Phoenix and Apollo.

Lusankya

What does everyone think of the title? "Dual Destinies" must have some kind of story relevance with Phoenix and Apollo.

Well, many NDS titles have "Dual" in them because of the two screens. But here I guess it's because Phoenix and Apollo will have probably equally big roles (we already know both are playable).

Nemesis_

You guys don't care that it's digital and are just happy that we're getting the game, right?

RIGHT?

>_>

So much vitriol. I kind of understand it but at the same time I feel like it's a beggars can't be choosers situation. I'm just incredibly thankful it's not going to be another AAI 2

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
It is really, truly, torture to have your first Nintendo DS game here for a few days now, and your DS still hasn't arrived yet. I am hoping it will arrive tomorrow. I think it will, because I'll be away tomorrow. Things tend to get delivered when you're away for some reason.

Groof

Shamelessly stolen from the announcement thread:

Dual Destinies

Digital Distribution
Yeah that was a good one. But I need moooooreeee

You guys don't care that it's digital and are just happy that we're getting the game, right?

RIGHT?

>_>

So much vitriol. I kind of understand it but at the same time I feel like it's a beggars can't be choosers situation. I'm just incredibly thankful it's not going to be another AAI 2

This is your safe haven, friend. Everything is fine and dandy in here and I'm totally with you!

FluxWaveZ

Not into it. Doesn't have the same judiciary ring as the previous games, but it's fine.

RIGHT?

>_>

Really wasn't expecting the backlash. I also understand it, but beggars can't be choosers is right.

RIGHT?

>_>

I'm buying it. I don't give a crap about how it's released; I just want to play it. Who cares if my 3DS gets stolen/broken/lost somewhere down the line; at least I got to play the newest entry in a series I love!

cjkeats

The shitstom isn't because it's downlad ony, it's because it's download only on the 3DS. It's the same thing everytime it happens to any game on that platform.

But yeah, we're all gonna buy it anyways, so why complain.

Not into it. Doesn't have the same judiciary ring as the previous games, but it's fine.

I agree, doesn't have the same "oomph". At least it's not a 3D title like Kingdom heats -_-;

Busaiku

When I saw they had something planned last week, I was thinking they were gonna have a limited Capcom Store exclusive release with the figure/pouch run.
Is it so wrong to want things.

yami4ct

My main concern when AA5 was announced as Digital Only, I was a bit worried about what that would mean for the series' future overseas. After thinking about it, the crowd that plays AA games already would have mostly no issue finding and purchasing it digitally, so it shouldn't hurt sales too much. I just hope it ends up profitable so that the series continues outside of Japan.

As for me, I don't care if its digital only or not. I'm just freaking ecstatic we're getting the game so soon. I've replayed 1 and 2 so far in prep for 5 and am working on 3. I honestly didn't expect to get AA5 until early next year. Man, cannot wait to play this game.

FluxWaveZ

If we were to remove all posts about DD-related stuff, the 20 pages thread would shrink to what, one page? :(

Not much else to discuss, I suppose (and even if there was, it would be undermined by the DD stuff).

Basically, for me: title could be better, was expecting a 2013 release but to have it confirmed is awesome, not bothered by the Wright VA change and font used for text in-game looks weird. Also:

aa5_009.jpg

Thought they were already partners.

For some reason, it just now clicked that Phoenix Wright truly is a legend and the fact that he's returning to court after eight years is a pretty big deal. Looking forward to how everyone around him reacts to his return as well as the fact that people are probably lining up to be defended by the Wright Anything Agency.

PK Gaming

Fall 2013 release? Sweet, I can't wait to play it!

It's been years since i've last played an AA game. I think i'll play through the entire series in the month leading up to its US release.

RIGHT?

>_>

I'm happy that we're getting it, very happy even, but I'm not happy that there's no physical version. I don't like buying retail titles digitally but more importantly I own the other Ace Attorney games as physical copies. It's already bad that I don't have an English version of AAI2 but this is a mainline entry. Just sad.

DaBoss

Basically, for me: title could be better, was expecting a 2013 release but to have it confirmed is awesome, not bothered by the Wright VA change and font used for text in-game looks weird. Also:

aa5_009.jpg

The font looks pretty clean. I hope it scales well on the 3DS XL.

Cody_D165

Banned
There's no way I'm NOT buying this game, but I am pissed off. As a fan of Mega Man and AA I am about fucking fed up with Capcom's bullshit.

I'll download day one no doubt, but seriously. I hate this so, so much.

Refyref

Now I understand why Capcom doesn't want to make a 3DS collection of the series. ;_;

Anyway, the only thing bothering with this game so far is that new Phoenix VA.
...It's not that great.

EDIT:
I have to wonder if both Apollo and Athena being named the way they are is coincidence or not.

Too bad [APOLLO JUSTICE SPOILERS!]
They already pulled THAT card with Trucy.

RIGHT?

>_>

I have no interest in paying full retail price (which is $50-$70 for 3DS games here) for digital releases (regardless of account systems; it'd be the same on Vita). The game may as well be dead.

DaBoss

Now I understand why Capcom doesn't want to make a 3DS collection of the series. ;_;

Anyway, the only thing bothering with this game so far is that new Phoenix VA.
...It's not that great.

Sven said that they will consider doing it depending on how well AA5 sells.

--

Speaking of what Sven said, he said this:
Sorry guys, but a physical release is not in the cards.

Historically it’s been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles. With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

I understand that this decision may upset fans who wanted to have a physical version of the title to add to their collection but we believe this direction is the best to take.

We will be confirming details on the price point in the not-so-distant future which I hope will also shed more light on the strategy at play here.

Found it via Siliconera.

That seems to imply the price may not be $40. I'm hoping for at most $30.

Speaking of what Sven said, he said this:

Found it via Siliconera.

That seems to imply the price may not be $40. I'm hoping for at most $30.

I said it in the other thread as well: This is bullshit on Sven's part. Ignoring for a moment that they've had to reprint the previous games several times, this does not preclude a small initial print. You can have both.

from their forums.

Sorry, no. A retail release would necessitate changes to code, another QA pass, a seperate submission to NOA/NCL, 45 days of manufacturing/shipping time and significant physical COGs that would require pricing that is different than what we will be doing.

And it is still an exciting announcement that the latest AA game is coming Westward and doing so in a "timely fashion" relative to its Japanese release.

So it being $30 isn't a bullshot.

Man that thread kinda rubs me in a wrong way. eshop sucks balls... but new phoenix wright game!

Refyref

I think it sounds fine. I've always been a fan of Sam Riegel, and I think he did a good job as Phoenix in UMvC3.

I'll get used to it. It's just that first time hearing it, it doesn't sound as snappy as Ben Judd's VA. But they most likely can't use that, since cutscenes will likely be voiced, and they can't have the same character be voiced by 2 people. And Ben Judd left Capcom quite a while ago.

Yeah, precisely why I'm edging towards coincidence. Playing the
surprise half sibling
card again would be pretty stupid.

I'd say it's a naming scheme. Both are Phoenix's assistants/sidekicks, so they have a paired name scheme. (In this case, Athena's name got picked so it would go with Apollo's.)

I'll get used to it. It's just that first time hearing it, it doesn't sound as snappy as Ben Judd's VA. But they most likely can't use that, since cutscenes will likely be voiced, and they can't have the same character be voiced by 2 people. And Ben Judd left Capcom quite a while ago.

As long as they got JP back to voice Apollo; we're good in terms of voice acting. I'm really curious to know who would voice Miles, Gumshoe and Maya if they made a cameo, though.

Lusankya

Why? Capcom certainly do seem to me like the idiots that could break up a full product into episodes. They did that with the Ghost Trick iOS release.

But that's different, because it's a port to a smartphone. And you could immediately buy all episodes for only 1500 (1200) Yen.

When I think of "episodic" I think of The Walking Dead, you know, when there are months between the release of two episodes. But Ace Attorney 5 is completely finished.

Top Bottom