• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Cody_D165

Banned
Ted Tonate, best name so far! Once I said it out loud I couldn't stop laughing.

I really like the name Simon Blackquill for Jin also.

GSR

Wow, Simon Blackquill is actually a really cool name. I'm still looking forward to seeing how he points in those chains.

Actually in one of the JP livestreams (animation spoiler? Is that even a thing?)
he tries pointing with one hand on the desk, gets held back by the handcuffs, kind of glares at them out of the corner of his eye, then stands and goes on like nothing happened.

Oh man...I was just replaying Justice for All case 4.

Damn, even on a second playthrough I feel uneasy going into the
second trial day
in that game. So good.

Lusankya

Maybe, but now I'm definitely thinking it will come out after Layton 6 is released.

I think so too. It doesn't make sense to publish it too close to AA5 and especially to PL6 in the west.

Although it's still weird that Europe gets its yearly Layton game, while the US skips on 2013.

Anyway, I am sure the game will see a release in the west. Layton is a bestseller here, so a Layton crossover should attract many fans of the series. Also for Capcom it meant that many people would learn of Ace Attorney, it's like free marketing.

Sorian

Banned
I think so too. It doesn't make sense to publish it too close to AA5 and especially to PL6 in the west.

Although it's still weird that Europe gets its yearly Layton game, while the US skips on 2013.

Anyway, I am sure the game will see a release in the west. Layton is a bestseller here, so a Layton crossover should attract many fans of the series. Also for Capcom it meant that many people would learn of Ace Attorney, it's like free marketing.

We aren't getting Layton 6 in 2013? (American here)

Sorian

Banned
Currently PL6 is TBA 2013 in Europe and TBA 2014 in the US. Just like Bravely Default. Apparently NoE tries to make up for all these years when we got games much later than the US.

Yeah it's annoying! :mad:
:p
Didn't realize Layton got pushed back that till next year though, I'm actually really excited for this one after seeing the ending of the last, but I guess that's a topic for another thread. At least I'll be seeing AA5 with Wright back in the driver's seat this year so who am I to complain?

Busaiku

Dang, Apollo sure is different from Phoenix.
Going on about crack, panties, and now insinuating that Trucy is mentally challenged?

GSR

Dang, Apollo sure is different from Phoenix.
Going on about crack, panties, and now insinuating that Trucy is mentally challenged?

Apollo is a little rougher than Phoenix, yeah. Though in his defense pretty much everyone spends the entire game messing with him in one way or another.

I actually just started a replay of AJ, in Japanese this time, to get ready for the JP release of Dual Destinies next month. Fun little fact (that I suspected but wasn't sure of until replaying): Phoenix's little speech in the trailer about a dark age for the legal system coming is lifted directly from the end of 4-1.

Busaiku

Really liking Apollo Justice so far.
Music's my favorite overall since the Phoenix Wright.

I liked Stolen Turnabout in Trials & Tribulations, but I wasn't really attached to the rest of the game as others seem to be.

Still have the final case though, but I'd have to say it's my 2nd favorite, followed by Trials & Tribulations, and last would be Justice For All.
Phoenix Wright will probably be my favorite, Rise From The Ashes was just so fun.

Moonlight

Banned
There are some compromises one must make, for what you truly need.

If Gumshoe must go for Maya, I'll be happy to see him go.

Busaiku

Alright, so finally through the main series.

The last case of Apollo Justice was pretty weak.
Not a fan of the forced twists and whatnot, and I'm kind of annoyed at the ending of Turnabout Serenade as well.

Still, overall, I'd say it was pretty good.

My overall ranking...
Phoenix Wright > Apollo Justice > Trials & Tribulations > Justice For All

Dunno if I'm gonna get to Ace Attorney Investigations.

GSR

Also, Dual Destinies got a new poster in Japan for retailers to use, showing off (presumably) the main cast. Nobody we haven't seen yet if you've been following all the trailers, but the art's pretty cool.

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/52872572098/a-new-japanese-poster-for-dual-destinies-was

So
Phoenix/Edgeworth/Pearl, Apollo/Klavier/Trucy, and Athena/Simon/Fulbright, huh?
I'm really starting to wonder how they're going to space out the characters' roles - even AAI2 really only had a main cast of six.

Also between Athena's posing on this poster and the bits of case 3 we've seen in trailers, I'm going to be really surprised if she's not playable.

Drago

I finished Stolen Turnabout and am halfway through Recipe for Turnabout now (T&T)

Stolen Turnabout was cool, but I liked the second case in JFA better. Stolen felt weird, mostly because I didn't really get
the twist (Bullard was blackmailing Atmey? About what?) I don't get it. If someone could explain it to me... I'm pretty dumb about second cases :p

I did love how the first half was something other than a murder case, at least. A nice change of pace.

Recipe is good too, so far.
very nice to see Maggey come back, and a Phoenix impersonator is a really funny idea to me. The case is kinda boring so far, though. Victor Kudo is hilarious.

Busaiku

I finished Stolen Turnabout and am halfway through Recipe for Turnabout now (T&T)

Stolen Turnabout was cool, but I liked the second case in JFA better. Stolen felt weird, mostly because I didn't really get
the twist (Bullard was blackmailing Atmey? About what?) I don't get it. If someone could explain it to me... I'm pretty dumb about second cases :p

I did love how the first half was something other than a murder case, at least. A nice change of pace.

He found out that he was doing the thefts.

Lusankya

Also, Dual Destinies got a new poster in Japan for retailers to use, showing off (presumably) the main cast. Nobody we haven't seen yet if you've been following all the trailers, but the art's pretty cool.

http://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/52872572098/a-new-japanese-poster-for-dual-destinies-was

So
Phoenix/Edgeworth/Pearl, Apollo/Klavier/Trucy, and Athena/Simon/Fulbright, huh?
I'm really starting to wonder how they're going to space out the characters' roles - even AAI2 really only had a main cast of six.

Also between Athena's posing on this poster and the bits of case 3 we've seen in trailers, I'm going to be really surprised if she's not playable.

Well, I am pretty sure
Klavier's and with some limitation Pearl's role won't be THAT big
. Also T&T only had two characters less on its promotional poster and that didn't even show Dahlia or Franziska.

Based on the depiction on the poster I think:
- Phoenix, Apollo and Athena will be the three playable main characters. Phoenix role will be the most important, but not more important than Apollo's and Athena's roles combined.
-
Edgeworth's role will be similar to his role in T&T.
- Trucy will be the usual sidekick.
- Simon's role will be similar to Godot's, although of course we don't know anything about his motives and stuff.
- Fulbright will be like Ema/Gumshoe, however I guess he will have his own part in the story and it will be tied to Simon.
-
Pearl standing in the background seems to imply she plays an important role in probably one case (the last one?), but I also think she will appear earlier in the game
Klavier will be there, but not have a big role. I guess he will help the main cast one time.

Playing through the iOS trilogy and loving it! I just finished the first game and dang... That last case was Looooooooooooong! Took me significantly longer than all the other cases!

But it was a good case, just extremely confusing towards the end with all the layers. @.@ And that ending picture at the end of the credits... Something about it just hit me harder than any other scene so far.

Onto the next game!!! :)

That new poster is getting me pumped for more fantastic finger pointing action.
*AA5 character/plot assumptions*
Maybe Klavier's main role in the game will be one more related specifically to Apollo, that one trailer appeared to show post injury Apollo storming off from the Wright agency for some reason, maybe Klavier can get Herr Forehead back on track if he's all bent out of shape about something, he pretty much helped him solve all his old cases after all.

Drago

So I just beat Trials and Tribulations.

holy fucking shit

I don't even know what to write about it. I can't describe it.
I fucking adore this series.

Will buy Apollo Justice next month, then the wait for Dual Destinies begins!

789shadow

Banned

holy fucking shit

Dat ending is just..........

holy fucking shit

Now you see why it's one lf my Top 5 of all time?

Cody_D165

Banned

holy fucking shit

Ah, 3-5. One of my favorite video game moments ever.

BlackJace

holy fucking shit

It hit you
when the normal courtroom theme kicked in after the last revelations
, didn't it?

Moonlight

Banned

holy fucking shit

These must be... my tears.

;____________;

Drago

The first being the Cornered theme from AA1 playing at the climax of the last trial day, of course.
I really, really wish I didn't know about this little bit beforehand. Had I not I would've flipped out over it, but it still put a huge smile on my face when it played. :)

Busaiku

I dunno, I didn't have all these "wow" moments that everyone else does.
All the twists made me roll my eyes more than be impressed.

corn_fest

I can see where you're coming from. I figured out Godot's whole backstory from that one piece of evidence in case 1. Still, though, I thought the ending was pretty impactful.
Phoenix & Mia's final, simultaneous objection made me teary eyed

GSR

Japanese demo for DD is up in the eShop, as well as a notice that the JP version of the full game won't be available in the eShop. So Japan is retail-only, the rest of the world digital-only. Capcpom strikes again.

Japanese demo for DD is up in the eShop, as well as a notice that the JP version of the full game won't be available in the eShop. So Japan is retail-only, the rest of the world digital-only. Capcpom strikes again.

Sometimes I wonder whats going on in the heads of Capcom executives. This doesnt make sense.

Top Bottom