• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Japanese demo for DD is up in the eShop, as well as a notice that the JP version of the full game won't be available in the eShop. So Japan is retail-only, the rest of the world digital-only. Capcpom strikes again.

Haha, what the hell? That's hilarious considering the situation over here.

Downloading the demo now!

DaBoss

Japanese demo for DD is up in the eShop, as well as a notice that the JP version of the full game won't be available in the eShop. So Japan is retail-only, the rest of the world digital-only. Capcpom strikes again.

They want everyone to get a Phoenix Wright figurine?

Cody_D165

Banned

whatguy.gif

GSR

Okay, to be fair, there's still time between now and the JP release, it could just be that they haven't announced it yet. But I do know eShop games have a little "coming to eShop" notice before their release - DD just has "this game cannot be purchased on the eShop".

Yup yup. Though I do wonder what's up with
the dramatic zoom-in on Apollo's eye reflecting the moon.

Yeah, that struck me as a bit weird, too. Given all of the media shown so far, I really wonder where they're going to go with him this time around.

DaBoss

Yeah, that struck me as a bit weird, too. Given all of the media shown so far, I really wonder where they're going to do with him this time around.

Apollo Justice Rising: Revengeance

Phoenix Wright Rising: Revengeance is so much better since "Phoenix Rising" goes together well.

Drago

Haha, holy shit. I'm making a thread about this.

Is there any footage of the demo yet, or is it the same as the web version (meaning footage wouldn't really be needed)?

Drago

Here's an irrelevant and unimportant question that's been on my mind recently

How come Capcom never localized and released this series when it was coming out on the GBA? Was it for technical reasons or something else? And were the DS ports created with the purpose of localizing them in mind?

(sorry for DP)

Here's an irrelevant and unimportant question that's been on my mind recently

How come Capcom never localized and released this series when it was coming out on the GBA? Was it for technical reasons or something else? And were the DS ports created with the purpose of localizing them in mind?

(sorry for DP)

If I recall correctly, the GBA games weren't localized because Capcom didn't think there would be a market for text heavy games like Ace Attorney in America on the GBA. When the DS came around and opened the door for more potential players beyond kids to experience portable gaming, they figured it would be the perfect opportunity to bring the series over.

As for the second question, I'd assume so. The JP releases of the DS ports actually let you switch between Japanese text or the localization, despite the JP releases usually being released a few months ahead of time of the localization.

I actually ended up buying the GBA games just for the novelty. Funny thing is that if insert one of the GBA games in the GBA slot of a DS while playing the corresponding DS port, every case in the DS port of said game gets unlocked. Always thought that was kinda cool.

Drago

If I recall correctly, the GBA games weren't localized because Capcom didn't think there would be a market for text heavy games like Ace Attorney in America on the GBA. When the DS came around and opened the door for more potential players beyond kids to experience portable gaming, they figured it would be the perfect opportunity to bring the series over.

As for the second question, I'd assume so. The JP releases of the DS ports actually let you switch between Japanese text or the localization, despite the JP releases usually being released a few months ahead of time of the localization.

That makes sense. Thanks for the response! :)

I actually ended up buying the GBA games just for the novelty. Funny thing is that if insert one of the GBA games in the GBA slot of a DS while playing the corresponding DS port, every case in the DS port of said game gets unlocked. Always thought that was kinda cool.

Did it do this even for the western releases? That's a neat little feature. Had no idea about it.

Thoraxes

It's why most of my copies are Best Price editions.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the demo, really excited for the full game. The new animation and models look surprisingly nice, except Wright's face still seems a bit off.

Not sure I like Kokone's gimmick though, feels like it's just making you jump through a few more hoops to do what pressing did previously.

GSR

Famitsu has some news on case 3.

Case three is titled "Turnabout Academy" and set at the privately-owned Temis Law School, where Juniper serves as president of the school council. At least part of the case features Apollo going up against Klavier in court, who is voiced by Toshiyuki Kusuda, who voiced him in the GS4 promos.

GSR

So do we know if Apollo and Klavier will see their VAs return in the US game?

Probably not. The voice clips were all just one-offs done by Capcom staff, not professional VAs. Same deal in the Japanese version.

Official site got updated: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/index.html

Synopsis said:
Turnabout Academy takes place at Juniper’s school, the Themis Law School. Athena goes to visit her, but when a dead body turns up, Juniper is arrested by Fulbright on suspicion of murder. It’s up to Athena and the others to clear her name. Note that while the site doesn’t explicitly say you play as Athena for this case, the investigation screens are from her perspective, and you can see her thoughts in one shot, which is pretty indicative.

In addition, Apollo and Klavier take part in some sort of mock trial put on by Athena. How this is connected to the actual murder case is still unclear.

The Perceive system is also re-introduced, now as an investigation technique. With no Simon and Gin around to stop him, Apollo is able to use his bracelet to find a witness’ tell and draw out new information.

So, do we have any idea how many cases are going to be in the game? Will it be the standard 4/5 or will they go above and beyond for this one? Answer in spoiler tags please!

GSR

So, do we have any idea how many cases are going to be in the game? Will it be the standard 4/5 or will they go above and beyond for this one? Answer in spoiler tags please!

No official answer (in fact they straight-up declined to answer it at E3). Eshiro said he expects the game to be about as long as Trials and Tribulations though.

No official answer (in fact they straight-up declined to answer it at E3). Eshiro said he expects the game to be about as long as Trials and Tribulations though.

To be honest that kind of worries me. Three cases have been revealed so far and Phoenix has been confirmed playable in only one...

I really hope there are 6 cases so that the last two can be all his. At least give me Yarrpollo otherwise.

To be honest that kind of worries me. Three cases have been revealed so far and Phoenix has been confirmed playable in only one...

I really hope there are 6 cases so that the last two can be all his. At least give me Yarrpollo otherwise.

We definitely know he'll be showing up in one other case, since the trailers indicate him going up against Simon. (and presumably Edgeworth)

I have a feeling the last case will probably have both Apollo and Phoenix playable.

replaying the first game on ios... So did Edgeworth actually follow the von karma playbook to get his verdicts?

I don't recall Edgeworth ever denying any of it.

I just noticed something. The new prosecutor is currently
serving a murder sentence.
Could this mean...

Godot_Sniffing_Coffee.gif

Assuming he wasn't already executed that is. But hey, it's possible right?

I just noticed something. The new prosecutor is currently
serving a murder sentence.
Could this mean...

Godot_Sniffing_Coffee.gif

Assuming he wasn't already executed that is. But hey, it's possible right?

I was always of the opinion that
if Godot wasn't executed, he died on death row after finally succumbing to whatever damage the poisoning incident wreaked on his body. Besides, Godot's story (and thus, his beef with Phoenix) ended with 3-5. There's really no conceivable reason for him to actually come back to prosecute, even if he was still alive.

if Godot wasn't executed, he died on death row after finally succumbing to whatever damage the poisoning incident wreaked on his body. Besides, Godot's story (and thus, his beef with Phoenix) ended with 3-5. There's really no conceivable reason for him to actually come back to prosecute, even if he was still alive.

Plus, Godot's hispanic while Simon's as pale as a ghost. There's absolutely no way the two are related.

Well yeah
Godot's story with Wright may have ended back in 3-5, but then again, Edgeworth's story ended in 1-4. His return in 2-4 allowed him to teach Wright a lesson just as Wright taught Edgeworth. I'm pretty sure they could bring Godot back for a similar reason. Maybe have him face off against Apollo or something. There is a chance that he's still alive.

Lusankya

The US Ace Attorney site got updated and instead of AAI we see a placeholder site for Dual Destinies. Currently there is only the announcement trailer, a short description and some screen shots. But I guess until the release date the site will get updated regularly like the Japanese one.

Top Bottom