• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

GSR

I just wanted to stealthily post that for those wanting to see the Ace Attorney movie, the whole movie is on youtube with english subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_-ej_kxpm0

Fair warning: those subs are pretty weak in places (it looks like they were done from a Japanese script and not by watching the film), but they'll serve if you want to watch the movie that way.

I actually watched the movie for the first time myself a few weeks ago. I'm still not sure how I feel about it - some stuff worked really well, some stuff fell flat on its face.

Yeah, I saw a more faithfully subtitled version last September. My biggest question is to why they sucked all of the character out of Redd White and made him look like a Beatles reject.

Yeah, I saw a more faithfully subtitled version last September. My biggest question is to why they sucked all of the character out of Redd White and made him look like a Beatles reject.

That was the only part of the film that I disliked. Thought it did a great job adapting ace attorney 1

Lusankya

Quite possibly. I usually visit the forums once a week or so and currently the progress seems to be very good. The main problem he describes actually is only a problem for (most) flashcards, but not for emulators. So in the worst case people have to play that game on their pc. And if nothing works at all they promised to still publish the translation/localiztion as text, but I am pretty sure we'll see the patch sooner or later.

Lusankya

So, are we pretty much sure at this point that there's no Maya appearance?

No, quite the contrary.

6. Maya hinted as a returning character? (No denial of Maya)
When asked if Maya would return, Eshiro simply said something along the lines of "I wonder about Maya...", being deliberately vague. In light of his response to the question about Gumshoe, this seems to indicate Maya will return (as if we didn't know that already).

7. Detective Gumshoe will not be in Dual Destinies (Most likely)
When asked about Gumshoe, Eshiro said that he didn't know what Gumshoe was up to these days, and another Capcom host said something along the lines of "Well, you can't have every character come back in every single game". This means that Gumshoe probably won't appear.

Also it would be weird if they brought back Pearl but not Maya.

Frost_Ace

No Gumshoe in AA5?

kmFeY99.gif

Quite possibly. I usually visit the forums once a week or so and currently the progress seems to be very good. The main problem he describes actually is only a problem for (most) flashcards, but not for emulators. So in the worst case people have to play that game on their pc. And if nothing works at all they promised to still publish the translation/localiztion as text, but I am pretty sure we'll see the patch sooner or later.

When did a good ds emulator come out? Last time I checked the ds emulator scene was dead in favor of the flash cart scene

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Hey guys, will it be necessary to play Apolo's Justice and that Miles Edgeworth game in order to understand the events of Dual Destinies, or will the original trilogy be enough?

GSR

Hey guys, will it be necessary to play Apolo's Justice and that Miles Edgeworth game in order to understand the events of Dual Destinies, or will the original trilogy be enough?

Apollo seems like it'll be required, but we've seen nothing to suggest you'll need to play AAI:ME to get what's going on. (You should play it anyway.)

Lusankya

New Merchandise in the Capcom e-shop:

A100043291010.jpg

To store our 3DS cards minus the AA5 card. :(

A100043281010.jpg

Cleaning Cloth

A100043271010.jpg

3DSXL Cover

A100043241010_sub1.jpg

30th Anniversary T-Shirt

woot friend gifted me gyakuten saiban sound box he had around for an early bday present :D

No clue they had higher quality songs for the wiiware release. Why the fuck is the ios remake using gba ones >.>"

Listening to this, wow for some reason I always recalled the 2nd second game having the weakest soundtrack, but I really do like many of the tracks. Probably my favorite Objection theme lol.

speaking of AA5, wonder how cornered variation is gonna sound. Gonna be weird having those 3 notes with orchestrated track. hmmm.

Currently playing Ace Attorney 1-3 HD, I've already completed the first two trials and I'm in the middle of the third trial. I am really loving this game. I'm a little slower in going through it, I take a lot of breaks haha, but also KRF has had some of my attention now.
But I'm on a mission to complete this series before AA5 is released! Yes!

playing AA4 last year again and currently playing 1-5 on ios... let's just say, i do hope AA5 is less frequent with flashbacks. Stuff does get quite excessive.

1-5 is still my favorite stand alone case of the series though! The investigation part does get quite confusing without a guide though even on replays lol.

Finally got myself a Japanese 3DS here in Taiwan (new to 3DS in general as well, gonna be good!) and I of course immediately bought Layton vs Wright. I'm working on
the first case now and it's definitely not bad, although it's definitely very standard on the Wright side of things. It's understandable since it's the first court case though, definitely very excited to see the Shu Takumi magic in the later cases!
. Also downloaded the GS5 demo off the e-shop and I've gotta say that I'm pretty excited for that as well. As style is concerned it's definitely a continuation of Layton vs Wright, but the quality of the artwork and animations seems just a bit better. Still four more weeks..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know, if Capcom's so dead set on chasing the Western market, why don't they bring some of their awesome shit OVER here in their online store?

GSR

Finally got myself a Japanese 3DS here in Taiwan (new to 3DS in general as well, gonna be good!) and I of course immediately bought Layton vs Wright. I'm working on
the first case now and it's definitely not bad, although it's definitely very standard on the Wright side of things. It's understandable since it's the first court case though, definitely very excited to see the Shu Takumi magic in the later cases!
. Also downloaded the GS5 demo off the e-shop and I've gotta say that I'm pretty excited for that as well. As style is concerned it's definitely a continuation of Layton vs Wright, but the quality of the artwork and animations seems just a bit better. Still four more weeks..

Enjoy it! It's not a perfect game by any means (there's some pacing problems later on), but it's still pretty great.

Cody_D165

Banned
Is there a story behind why AA1 got its own original case while the other gba ports didn't?

It was designed as an extra case to showcase the capabilites of the DS handheld. You see the same investigation-style segments in Apollo Justice as well because that was the first AA game designed entirely for the system.

My favorite thing about 1-5 was replaying it after playing the trilogy, and realizing all of the neat foreshadowing for the rest of the trilogy that got slipped in. Got a nice little chuckle out of examining Phoenix's badge.

Damn, had no idea Pearls and Trucy were in AA5. Thanks for spoiling that. Guess I have to avoid this thread to save myself from learning about all the cameos and whatnot. :/

FluxWaveZ

Damn, had no idea Pearls and Trucy were in AA5. Thanks for spoiling that. Guess I have to avoid this thread to save myself from learning about all the cameos and whatnot. :/

Yeah, you definitely should. Less than a month away until the game's out; there are a whole lot of details out there.

About to do the same myself.

Though, to be fair, I'm sure Pearl and Trucy will be openly shown in English media to promote the localized release as well.

Though, to be fair, I'm sure Pearl and Trucy will be openly shown in English media to promote the localized release as well.

Only thing is, I was completely prepared for a total media blackout until it released. And since there will probably be no box for characters to be displayed on, I was going to go into the game fresh. Although I accidentally saw Miles and Gavin about a week ago as well.

Thankfully, now that I know that this place won't be safe, along with the site that I saw the other two, I'm going to be avoiding both like the plague.

See you guys when Dual Destinies hits the US.

Top Bottom