• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Looked up some of the concept art on the Wiki, and her initial design was quite nice. Design 2 was that buggy alien thing... Kinda strange, but still cool. XD

Design 3 and Design 4 were also pretty cool. I kinda wish 1 or 4 were actually used, but what we got was cool.

NOTE OF CAUTION: I'd suggest not browsing any further on the wiki to avoid potential spoilers, don't know if any of these four are spoiler material, but if they are, let me know, and I'll tag them.

Edit: direct linked to photos, rather than to Wiki page photo viewer.

Her 2nd and 3rd designs look like something pulled out of Space Channel 5. She even has a space gun or something lol.

vareon

Guys, ever since AA HD was released, I've been playing each game for each month now, and just finished AA4.

Man, what a ride. Amazing series. I'm preparing an LTTP thread but it seems that there are monthly AA LTTP thread.

And don't worry about me playing Investigations, I'm planning to buy it but October got a hold of my wallet already.

GSR

I'm pretty sure Ghost Trick is part of the same world as AA. Like, I feel like Borginia is mentioned in Ghost Trick at one point or something like that.

I want to say Takumi said in an interview once that GT and AA take place in the same universe, but it might have been more of an off-hand comment about their overall tone or something like that.

PLvsPW also fits in somewhere in the middle of AA3.

CorvoSol

Wait, AA v PL takes place DURING AA3, or like right after it? How long is it between AA3 and
Phoenix getting disbarred in AA4's flashback case?

vareon

Also I have a question about AA4's final case.

The MASON system. So it's not meant as a literal course of events? I mean Phoenix showed Zak a photograph he had gotten...after Zak's death. Phoenix made an actual game?

The MASON system. So it's not meant as a literal course of events? I mean Phoenix showed Zak a photograph he had gotten...after Zak's death. Phoenix made an actual game?

Don't think too much about it, the writers clearly didn't

Qurupeke

I think it's more like an interactive archive of evidence. Yeah, kinda weird.

GSR

Wait, AA v PL takes place DURING AA3, or like right after it? How long is it between AA3 and
Phoenix getting disbarred in AA4's flashback case?

Alright, I guess technically it could happen after AA3 as well. There's actually almost no information in the game to date it, but Maya says "Zvarri!" once or twice, which gives it away as happening after 3-2.

And to answer your question:
about two or three months, if memory serves.

CorvoSol

Alright, I guess technically it could happen after AA3 as well. There's actually almost no information in the game to date it, but Maya says "Zvarri!" once or twice, which gives it away as happening after 3-2.

And to answer your question:
about two or three months, if memory serves.

Wow that's not much time at all. Does that mean that
When Phoenix goes to Badger Land with Maya and Pearl in AAI, he's already been disbarred?
I really hope that AA5 answers the question of
what has happened between Nick and Maya. Cuz in the movie they had hecka chemistry, but in the games I always kinda felt like Phoenix was more in love with Mia than Maya. Then again, Maya never, ever denies Pearl's accusations that Maya and Nick are involved, and then there's that hanging question of what became of Phoenix's relationship with Iris, since you find out about that right at the last minute of the 3rd game.
Obviously they keep him single so nobody but Pearl can be upset when he shacks up with starts hanging out with yet another teenage girl.

I guess AA vs PL could take place during AA3, especially if it was between cases 2 and 3, since case 3 picks up a few months after case 2.

GSR

Wow that's not much time at all. Does that mean that
When Phoenix goes to Badger Land with Maya and Pearl in AAI, he's already been disbarred?

Nope. Both the AAI games take place
between AA3 and Phoenix's disbarment.
(Not entirely sure if this really a spoiler at this point - AJ came out in 2008, after all, and a big part of DD's premise is
Phoenix coming back from being disbarred
, y'know?)

I really hope that AA5 answers the question of
what has happened between Nick and Maya. Cuz in the movie they had hecka chemistry, but in the games I always kinda felt like Phoenix was more in love with Mia than Maya. Then again, Maya never, ever denies Pearl's accusations that Maya and Nick are involved, and then there's that hanging question of what became of Phoenix's relationship with Iris, since you find out about that right at the last minute of the 3rd game.
Obviously they keep him single so nobody but Pearl can be upset when he shacks up with starts hanging out with yet another teenage girl.

I don't think they're ever going to hook anybody up together permanently. But to answer your question re: if AA5 provides more info on
Phoenix and Maya/Pearl in that 7-year gap
:
yes, it does

CorvoSol

Nope. Both the AAI games take place
between AA3 and Phoenix's disbarment.
(Not entirely sure if this really a spoiler at this point - AJ came out in 2008, after all, and a big part of DD's premise is
Phoenix coming back from being disbarred
, y'know?)

I don't think they're ever going to hook anybody up together permanently. But to answer your question re: if AA5 provides more info on
:
yes, it does

I don't know if it is that big of a spoiler, either, it's just that since I noticed there are some people who are playing the series for the first time in this thread, I thought I'd avoid saying it out loud. So both AAI games take place in a matter of months, then? That's pretty busy, it seems, since the original trilogy takes place over the course of 3 years. Granted, I do remember that two of the five cases in AAI were flashbacks.

I'm pretty excited to play AAI2, also. I wish I could help with these translation projects, but I don't speak Japanese. I might see if they still need localizers once I've done the first two cases in the game.

Drago

:
yes, it does

spiderman48j7zp.gif

EXCELLENT.

Christ, AA5 really is only a month away now. I can't wait any longer!

The Let's Translate for AAI2 is complete.

Damn the story was great and the twists pretty good. It is more cohesive than AAI, huge improvement.

A lot of tension is lost since you are not playing. But I have no regrets.

All the new charactes are great. Shiragaki is so cool and Yumihiko is hilarious.

Final villain is pretty great, is superior to AAI villain in every way and its breakdown animation is the best thing ever.

Its a great injustice Capcom not localizing this game.

GSR

I want to say Takumi said in an interview once that GT and AA take place in the same universe, but it might have been more of an off-hand comment about their overall tone or something like that.

PLvsPW also fits in somewhere in the middle of AA3.

Re-quoting this because Takumi just had a new interview with ONM where he said pretty explicitly that no, GT and AA aren't in the same universe. But that he'd love to do a crossover.

Looked up some of the concept art on the Wiki, and her initial design was quite nice. Design 2 was that buggy alien thing... Kinda strange, but still cool. XD

Design 3 and Design 4 were also pretty cool. I kinda wish 1 or 4 were actually used, but what we got was cool.

NOTE OF CAUTION: I'd suggest not browsing any further on the wiki to avoid potential spoilers, don't know if any of these four are spoiler material, but if they are, let me know, and I'll tag them.

Edit: direct linked to photos, rather than to Wiki page photo viewer.

Looking at those pictures, I think some elements of her concept art were used on a character in the final case of the game. Any idea what book those pictures are from?

Cody_D165

Banned
I keep playing the demo guys. What's wrong with me? I can't put it down. Even though it's the same thing.

Gonna be the slowest three weeks ever.

I keep playing the demo guys. What's wrong with me? I can't put it down. Even though it's the same thing.

Gonna be the slowest three weeks ever.
Hah! Don't worry, I did the same thing with Kingdom Hearts. Clocked around 17-20 hours of demo playtime. Totally worth it, IMO. XD

Does anybody know what the download size is for AA5? I have never downloaded anything from my 3DS before and I need to know if the standard 2GB pack in memory card is enough space.

CorvoSol

My AA playthrough has taken me up to AA3's Bridge to the Turnabout. So stoked for this case. Probably my favorite case after Rise from the Ashes.

cjkeats

EDIT: I can't read. Objection overruled.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX, if you've never downloaded anything you are more than good with the 2GB

rekameohs

Banned
For those who have played the full game, do the Mood Matrix sequences get better? The one in the demo was pretty lame, and I'm having trouble figuring out a scenario where it could actually be clever. I wasn't a fan of the bracelet in AA4 either. The psyche locks and logic were pretty cool ideas, and from what I've seen, logic chess was pretty good, too.

GSR

For those who have played the full game, do the Mood Matrix sequences get better? The one in the demo was pretty lame, and I'm having trouble figuring out a scenario where it could actually be clever. I wasn't a fan of the bracelet in AA4 either. The psyche locks and logic were pretty cool ideas, and from what I've seen, logic chess was pretty good, too.

They do some cool stuff with it, but it's not really anything to write home about at the end of the day, honestly.

CorvoSol

Don't hate me guys, but AA3 really makes me think that Phoenix and Mia had feelings that were stronger than just good friends. Now, I know that
Godot was salty and slightly out of his better judgment in the game when he and Misty hatched the whole plan to stop Morgan or whatever,
but the dude acts quite a bit like Phoenix is his rival for her feelings, and c'mon, we all know Fey women are Nick's type.

I'm not saying there's much in the way of a chance for Phoenix, but I sort of just feel like his relationship with Mia was not entirely platonic. Especially since, while there is no end to the chemistry Nick has with Maya, Nick keeps a lot of things that were Mia's and those things sort of trump stuff that belongs to Maya. Like the poster. Phoenix keeps her poster up, and argues with Maya about her wanting to put up another one.

And Charley. YEARS later Nick's still watering Charley.

I don't know that it was ever serious, but I've just always kinda chosen to think that Phoenix and Mia had something, there.

dumbyugi

Don't hate me guys, but AA3 really makes me think that Phoenix and Mia had feelings that were stronger than just good friends. Now, I know that
Godot was salty and slightly out of his better judgment in the game when he and Misty hatched the whole plan to stop Morgan or whatever,
but the dude acts quite a bit like Phoenix is his rival for her feelings, and c'mon, we all know Fey women are Nick's type.

Godot was just mad that Phoenix didn't protect Mia. He clearly didn't give 2 shits what Phoenix and Mia's relationship was, he just used Nick as someone to take the anger he had towards himself out on.

I'm not saying there's much in the way of a chance for Phoenix, but I sort of just feel like his relationship with Mia was not entirely platonic. Especially since, while there is no end to the chemistry Nick has with Maya, Nick keeps a lot of things that were Mia's and those things sort of trump stuff that belongs to Maya. Like the poster. Phoenix keeps her poster up, and argues with Maya about her wanting to put up another one.

They argue about the poster because Nick doesn't think a Steel Samurai poster would fit in well at a law office. Maya actually does put the Steel Samurai poster up but she swapped them back after watching the movie the original one was for.

And Charley. YEARS later Nick's still watering Charley.

That's because Mia was a friend of his and it's his only memento of her that aren't the law books that he only keeps for looks.

I don't know that it was ever serious, but I've just always kinda chosen to think that Phoenix and Mia had something, there.

I don't think it was ever implied that they were ever closer then friends. I mean, I don't think Nick even knew that Mia had a sister until just before she was killed.

Top Bottom