• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

CorvoSol

I don't think it was ever implied that they were ever closer then friends. I mean, I don't think Nick even knew that Mia had a sister until just before she was killed.

I don't think they'd known each other for a great length of time, but then again, Mia didn't know
Diego Armando
for a long time, either, before starting a relationship with him, and Mia and
Godot's
relationship has a lot in common with Mia and Nick's relationship, both professionally and in other areas, such as the use of pet names.

I'm not really arguing that they very definitely were, but I've always gotten that vibe from it, especially from the third game.
Godot blaming Phoenix hinges in part on his blaming himself for not protecting her, but also implies that Godot had reason to expect that Phoenix protect her. Since Mia and Phoenix's relationship mirrors Diego and Mia's, I don't think it is hard to see what would make Godot think that, or how someone could interpret his interpretation as stemming from that.

Besides, Fey women are definitely Phoenix's type.

I started playing Apollo Justice for the first time last night. It was in the backlog all this time but I couldn't ignore it any longer especially with Dual Destinies looming ahead. Finished case #1 and it feels good to play an Ace Attorney game again.

Hopefully I'll have some time left to get started on Ace Attorney Investigations before the big release later this month.

I started playing Apollo Justice for the first time last night. It was in the backlog all this time but I couldn't ignore it any longer especially with Dual Destinies looming ahead. Finished case #1 and it feels good to play an Ace Attorney game again.

Hopefully I'll have some time left to get started on Ace Attorney Investigations before the big release later this month.

The second case is probably my favorite in that game. The Kitake's are all amazing.

cjkeats

I was going to start Apollo Justice over when they announced the AA5 release date, cause it's the only one I haven't finished. But of course now that I go to do it my copy has gone missing. ;_;

Just finished 3-4 for the fourth time. That ending always brings me to tears. Right in the feels, man.

Me too ;______;

When I first played it, it was just so unexpected and I sat there for a good 10 minutes just staring at the screen fighting back tears.
Pfft, you bunch of babies. I didn't cry at all. >:|

Although I think my allergies flared up during those final moments.
I'm allergic to being sad. :(

Best AA character though?

skye-snacks%28a%29.gif

CorvoSol

Godot definitely holds the title for best for me. If it wasn't for that one gaping plot hole someone convinced me of one time, he'd definitely remain untarnished in my eyes.

Best witness is Moe, though. His pathetic fake-out testimony is the best gag in the whole series.

CorvoSol

Mind you I'm still on 3-5 so I don't remember how exactly this breaks down, but I think the idea was basically
nothing terrible would've happened if Godot had destroyed the letter before Pearl had ever found it. Or rather, everything that happened in that case happened because Godot let it, rather than the in-game explanation of it all happening because Godot was too stubborn and angry to come to Phoenix and ask for his help. Of course you could say that that's the reason Godot let it happen, but then he goes from just being angry to endangering Pearls and Maya for no reason, and I dunno, I don't like that thought much.

Best character? No contest:

edgeworth-shrug.gif

Best character arc in the series by far

As far as witnesses go, Adrian is hands down my favorite. Her story is a big reason for why I love 2-4 so much.

Mind you I'm still on 3-5 so I don't remember how exactly this breaks down, but I think the idea was basically
nothing terrible would've happened if Godot had destroyed the letter before Pearl had ever found it. Or rather, everything that happened in that case happened because Godot let it, rather than the in-game explanation of it all happening because Godot was too stubborn and angry to come to Phoenix and ask for his help. Of course you could say that that's the reason Godot let it happen, but then he goes from just being angry to endangering Pearls and Maya for no reason, and I dunno, I don't like that thought much.

Yeah, that is a good point. I still really loved the case though, and the fact that
Godot was the actual killer
was kind of amazing and shocking. Hands down my favorite case.

CorvoSol

Yeah, that is a good point. I still really loved the case though, and the fact that
Godot was the actual killer
was kind of amazing and shocking. Hands down my favorite case.

My personal view is just that Pearl
saw the letter first. It solves the entire plot hole in one fell swoop as far as I'm concerned.

DaBoss

Yea, that plothole is really dumb and that solution is an easy solution, but
wasn't there something about Pearl having to burn up the letter after or something?

But didn't they
specifically say that the letter was already opened when she saw it?

They would make it so it wasn't opened when she saw it.

In my opinion, Kay is the worst assistant, but it has less to do with her being bad or anything (because she isn't), and more to do with Maya/Trucy/Ema just being really damn great.

Probably the most memorable thing about her aside from the Little Thief crap.

Eh, probably being too harsh. Gonna have to play AAI again, but the mere fact that Trucy is Wright's daughter prevents her from being the worst.

I will admit though that
the panty thief
part was absolutely hilarious.

CorvoSol

My defense of AA3 Spoilers
Pearl reading the letter first
isn't perfect. It's just that it solves the plot hole in
Godot's personality.

Top Bottom