• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

789shadow

Banned
That reminds me, since that dowolf guy finished his translation of AAI2, we found out that EDGEWORTH IS GOING TO GIVE GUMSHOE A RAISE. MEGA-FUCKING-TON.

dumbyugi

That reminds me, since that dowolf guy finished his translation of AAI2, we found out that EDGEWORTH IS GOING TO GIVE GUMSHOE A RAISE. MEGA-FUCKING-TON.

Investigations 2 Spoilers:
It was the biggest twist of the entire game. Which is saying a lot after all the twists in the last case.

Gumshoe is the body next to Maya's.

Don't kill me.

fb0.jpg

Frolow

Banned
I thought the whole thing with Godot was that
he wanted some sort of "redemption" for letting Mia die while he was in the coma. Hence why he went through with the plan instead of simply discarding the letter in the first place.

he wanted some sort of "redemption" for letting Mia die while he was in the coma. Hence why he went through with the plan instead of simply discarding the letter in the first place.

That's exactly it. Also, regarding Pearls:
I'm pretty sure that she mentioned that someone had already opened the letter before she got to it. Or maybe I'm misremembering that talk her and Feenie had?

CorvoSol

See, but the way I understood it was
his need for redemption was only the reason he didn't tell Phoenix. The letter thing kinda puts Godot in a lot worse light, because it means he was willing to hurt Maya for this reason, which doesn't jive with the way I remember the scene. Nobody in the entire game mentions that Godot doesn't destroy the letter as being his fault, is what I mean. Like, the game puts the emphasis on his not telling Nick, not that he let Pearl get the letter at all. But I could be wrong, since I'm replaying the case now and don't remember it that well.

That's exactly it. Also, regarding Pearls:
I'm pretty sure that she mentioned that someone had already opened the letter before she got to it. Or maybe I'm misremembering that talk her and Feenie had?

Right, my thing about Pearl is
"how I would've resolved this problem", but again, my memories of the case are as fuzzy as y'all.

Jintor

Is there some kind of amazon shipping thing that won't basically double the cost of my items?

Trying to get the original set off Amazon but anything international to Australia slugs an additional, like, $20 - 40 on the end. Shipping was never this expensive before :(

Maybe I should just get them from the UK instead...

Is there some kind of amazon shipping thing that won't basically double the cost of my items?

Trying to get the original games off Amazon but anything international to Australia slugs an additional, like, $20 - 40 on the end. Shipping was never this expensive before :(

Maybe I should just get them from the UK instead...

There's always the "HD" collection...

Ha! Hahaha! Haha- no.

Tell me about it. I was kidding, by the way. Don't worry. I would never seriously suggest that to someone.

In regards to the whole
Pearl and the letter deal
, here's the actual part in the case where they talk about it.

And then he talks about his motivations.

If you watch a little bit past that, he does pretty much confirm that
he did it to get back at Morgan, redeem himself for Mia's death, and to save Pearl and Maya both (Pearl because she already knew about the letter and would have told Morgan that there wasn't one, probably.

At first I hated how there wasn't a physical release in Europe of AA5.

Then I saw it would only be 25€ instead of the classic Crapcom+Nintendo tax price of 44.99€.

Then I played the demo.
tumblr_m1ixnylbPP1qmb7u4o9_250.gif

Fuck it I'm so in, day one.

In unrelated news, I've reached case 3-2 in my AAHD playthrough.

Ugh, this is like the Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis of the Ace Attorney series. The original quality doesn't take nearly as much a hit as it did in that game, but that's really only due to the limited gameplay.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be doing a rant/write-up once I finish the game, which should hopefully be before AA5 comes out.

In unrelated news, I've reached case 3-2 in my AAHD playthrough.

Ugh, this is like the Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis of the Ace Attorney series. The original quality doesn't take nearly as much a hit as it did in that game, but that's really only due to the limited gameplay.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be doing a rant/write-up once I finish the game, which should hopefully be before AA5 comes out.

3-2 is the one with Luke Atmey, right?

3-2 is the one with Luke Atmey, right?

Yes, and I expect his animations to be butchered, just like every other character so far.

(Except for Franziska, who for some reason has all of her animations perfectly intact, blinking included. The only problem is when she does her "whip the desk" animation, which causes some slowdown.)

Yes, and I expect his animations to be butchered, just like every other character so far.

(Except for Franziska, who for some reason has all of her animations perfectly intact, blinking included. The only problem is when she does her "whip the desk" animation, which causes some slowdown.)

That whole deal with the HD collection is a shame, really. It's a great idea, just...executed very badly. They should of just released a collection on the e-shop.

That whole deal with the HD collection is a shame, really. It's a great idea, just...executed very badly. They should of just released a collection on the e-shop.

Thinking about it now, the Ace Attorney HD Trilogy is more analogous to the Silent Hill HD Collection in terms of botching the original content. It's just inferior in almost every way possible.

Also, porting the HD Trilogy to the e-shop wouldn't change much. Sure, the interface would definitely be better and there hopefully wouldn't be as much slowdown, but most of the problems I have with the game come from the awful editing job the developers did when porting it (missing animations and frames, missing sound effects and songs, GBA soundtrack for AA2 & 3, typos, etc.), and such things would most likely not have changed if ported to the 3DS.

Not to mention that the 3DS is not an HD system, so calling it an HD Trilogy would be disingenuous.

Case in point (spoilers for AA2):
You remember that dramatic scene in 2-4 where Franziska bursts in through the courtroom doors to deliver those final pieces of evidence? Well, sucks for you, because that scene is completely omitted and Franziska just randomly appears on the witness stand. No picture showing her entrance. You don't even hear her "Objection!" sound clip. This seriously enraged me, because this part loses a ton of emotional impact without those things happening.

Such a thing wouldn't be fixed if the game was on the 3DS.

Thinking about it now, the Ace Attorney HD Trilogy is more analogous to the Silent Hill HD Collection in terms of botching the original content. It's just inferior in almost every way possible.

Also, porting the HD Trilogy to the e-shop wouldn't change much. Sure, the interface would definitely be better and there hopefully wouldn't be as much slowdown, but most of the problems I have with the game come from the awful editing job the developers did when porting it (missing animations and frames, missing sound effects and songs, GBA soundtrack for AA2 & 3, typos, etc.), and such things would most likely not have changed if ported to the 3DS.

Not to mention that the 3DS is not an HD system, so calling it an HD Trilogy would be disingenuous.

Case in point (spoilers for AA2):
You remember that dramatic scene in 2-4 where Franziska bursts in through the courtroom doors to deliver those final pieces of evidence? Well, sucks for you, because that scene is completely omitted and Franziska just randomly appears on the witness stand. No picture showing her entrance. You don't even hear her "Objection!" sound clip. This seriously enraged me, because this part loses a ton of emotional impact without those things happening.

Such a thing wouldn't be fixed if the game was on the 3DS.

I didn't necessarily mean an HD version for the e-shop, just to port the games to a digital version for purchase on the 3DS. They probably could of put more effort into making sure the port was solid if they didn't have to make it "HD"

Javier

I could make a huge list of everything that's wrong with the HD collection, but in the case of Luke Atmey, it's one of the worst things to list. Some of Luke's models look horribly dirty, as if they digitally inked and painted him, but forgot to erase the pencil sketch in the finished art.

3-2 is also another case with a missing CG.

I could make a huge list of everything that's wrong with the HD collection, but in the case of Luke Atmey, it's one of the worst things to list. Some of Luke's models look horribly dirty, as if they digitally inked and painted him, but forgot to erase the pencil sketch in the finished art.

3-2 is also another case with a missing CG.

Which one?
Kane Bullard's corpse close-up? Flashback for when Ron and Desiree met? Adrian's urn accident? Picture of Maya and Pearl gazing at the restored urn?

I'm so looking forward to having even more content cut.

Javier

Which one?
Kane Bullard's corpse close-up? Flashback for when Ron and Desiree met? Adrian's urn accident? Picture of Maya and Pearl gazing at the restored urn?

I'm so looking forward to having even more content cut.
For 3-2, missing is
Adrian dropping the broken urn into the paint after opening the box (the one with Adrian tripping is still there)

EDIT: Actually, I think 3-2 is also missing
Ron and Desiree's flashback CG. I forgot about it when replaying the iOS version, but I definitely don't remember seeing it.

3-3 is also missing a CG
Gumshoe's dramatic entrance into the courtroom with the paper bag with the final evidence.

CorvoSol

For 3-2, missing is
Adrian dropping the broken urn into the paint after opening the box (the one with Adrian tripping is still there)

Ron and Desiree's flashback CG. I forgot about it when replaying the iOS version, but I definitely don't remember seeing it.

3-3 is also missing a CG
Gumshoe's dramatic entrance into the courtroom with the paper bag with the final evidence.

But that one from 3-3 is like the best moment in that entire case.

Wait. WHAT?! There's a new Ace Attorney game coming out this month? Why did nobody tell me?!

I should probably play Apollo Justice first, although I'll admit that one never interested me quite as much.

qq more

Hello AAGAF! I just want to say that I'm excited as hell for AA5 too! Ace Attorney is my second favorite gaming franchise :D

For 3-2, missing is

3-3 is also missing a CG

Yikes... not even the first two games were that bad when it came to omitting stuff.

And what is up with the missing "dramatic entrance into the courtroom" scenes? Seriously... >_>

I just subscribed to this thread, I've been a huge fan of this series since day 1... I still remember importing the 2nd and 3rd game because I needed to play them as fast as possible in English.

I'm watching the AAI2 youtube videos, just started the final case, it's been quite a ride so far.

McNum

Hmm, with AA5 coming soon, I kind of want to replay Apollo Justice. Only played through that once while I beat AA1, 2, and 3 multiple times.

Since these games are awesome at foreshadowing, anything I should take note of when replaying?

FluxWaveZ

At least we're getting AA5. I guess the main reason why it's assumed we didn't get AAI2 was because it was too late for the DS at that point, right? Guess that means the real question will be whether we'll get any AA game released after PLvsAA.

I just subscribed to this thread, I've been a huge fan of this series since day 1... I still remember importing the 2nd and 3rd game because I needed to play them as fast as possible in English.

I'm watching the AAI2 youtube videos, just started the final case, it's been quite a ride so far.

I can't wait any longer, I need to see this game. Do those youtube video's have quality english sub? Are they subs over the JPN text or English text replaced over the JPN text? Link?

Top Bottom