• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

3-3 sucks and is one of the most hilariously unbelievable cases in the series. The chef witness rivals the clown and ventriloquist from 2-3 as worst cross examine witnesses in the game. It doesn't help that Godot is a boring opponent who doesn't make you work for a win at all unlike the edgey, franz, manfred, or simon

3-3 sucks and is one of the most hilariously unbelievable cases in the series. The chef witness rivals the clown and ventriloquist from 2-3 as worst cross examine witnesses in the game. It doesn't help that Godot is a boring opponent who doesn't make you work for a win at all unlike the edgey, franz, manfred, or simon

I'd enjoy 3-3 more if they didn't spoil the case in the fucking opening, I hate when they do that shit.

FluxWaveZ

True or false?: AA5 has one of the best OSTs in the series.

I vote true. Don't know if it's because of AA5 withdrawal, but I can't stop listening to music from that game.

FluxWaveZ

As I said, I made a topic about dowolf's AAI2 translation videos in the Gaming section. I urge all AA fans to give them a spin.

Man... Guess I'll play the two first cases in that ROM and watch the rest even though I wanted to wait for the complete hack so bad instead of just watching a playthrough.

Why'd it have to come to this.

Man... Guess I'll play the two first cases in that ROM and watch the rest even though I wanted to wait for the complete hack so bad instead of just watching a playthrough.

Why'd it have to come to this.

If it helps at all, the translation is beyond amazing, I can't believe he did it on his own.

PK Gaming

I started Ace Attorney Investigations 2

You guys weren't kidding, this game is freaking amazing. The new characters are a treat, and the villains (so far) have been great / not expected. That said, I think I may have gotten seriously spoiled though. Someone mentioned
some guy named Bansei(sp?!?) as a potential villain in AAI2. Is this a huge spoiler? If it is, i'd like to get a yes or no response.

I vote true. Don't know if it's because of AA5 withdrawal, but I can't stop listening to music from that game.

True, true, TRUE! The AA5 OST is sooooo good, I have it on my phone and I listen to it on a daily basis.

I started Ace Attorney Investigations 2

You guys weren't kidding, this game is freaking amazing. I think I may have gotten seriously spoiled though. Someone mentioned
some guy named Bansei(sp?!?) as a potential villain in AAI2. Is this a huge spoiler? If it is, i'd like to get a yes or no response

--No--

CorvoSol

Suuuuuuuuuure.

Godot isn't boring. Heck, he's probably the least-boring prosecutor in the series. Klavier's a bit bland in AA4, but other than that it's impossible to call any of the prosecutors "boring."

He's not challenging in the court room, half the time he's just kind of there and occasionally asks Wright to clarify a point. For someone who
blames Mia's death on Phoenix
rarely made me feel like I had to work for a not guilty verdict.

corn_fest

Ah, but the restaurant theme! So good.

CorvoSol

He's not challenging in the court room, half the time he's just kind of there and occasionally asks Wright to clarify a point. For someone who
blames Mia's death on Phoenix
rarely made me feel like I had to work for a not guilty verdict.

Are we just completely ignoring the last case, then? Or the 2nd case where he has your client confess to the crime in seconds? Godot isn't a disciple of Manfred von Karma so he doesn't do like Franziska and make stupid ass points the Judge should see through, but he still makes you work for your happy ending.

Are we just completely ignoring the last case, then? Or the 2nd case where he has your client confess to the crime in seconds? Godot isn't a disciple of Manfred von Karma so he doesn't do like Franziska and make stupid ass points the Judge should see through, but he still makes you work for your happy ending.

Your client in case 2 is an idiot who constantly is trying to confess to the crime, even Winston Payne could have gotten him to confess. And in the final case the only time he ever is difficult is the finale when you realize who the killer is.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So I am a bit old-fashioned on this stuff, and dont want to deal with the limitations of the eshop, so I would like to import AA5 - is there english text in the game as well, or is it all in japanese? Really sucks that we didnt get a retail version here :(

Frolow

Banned
So I am a bit old-fashioned on this stuff, and dont want to deal with the limitations of the eshop, so I would like to import AA5 - is there english text in the game as well, or is it all in japanese? Really sucks that we didnt get a retail version here :(

Japanese text only.

CorvoSol

Your client in case 2 is an idiot who constantly is trying to confess to the crime, even Winston Payne could have gotten him to confess. And in the final case the only time he ever is difficult is the finale when you realize who the killer is.

I disagree with your assessment of Ron because 1) I'm pretty sure the crime I'm referring to is the murder charge, not the theft and 2) Ron, upon realizing his mistake back-tracks and denies.

But this is a moot point. I can't see how you find Franziska von Karma challenging but not Godot. I can't see how you could find Godot anything but a challenge unless you sort of overlooked all three of the cases he prosecuted. Which, judging from what you've said here, you do. Godot was hard for the entire last case and not just the last 5 minutes. Franziska doesn't even prosecute the last case in her game. She prosecutes two cases, one of which is a circus case in which SHE ARGUES THE DEFENDANT USED MAGIC TO FLY.

I disagree with your assessment of Ron because 1) I'm pretty sure the crime I'm referring to is the murder charge, not the theft and 2) Ron, upon realizing his mistake back-tracks and denies.

But this is a moot point. I can't see how you find Franziska von Karma challenging but not Godot. I can't see how you could find Godot anything but a challenge unless you sort of overlooked all three of the cases he prosecuted. Which, judging from what you've said here, you do.

3-2 and 3-3 didn't do anything for me, 3-5 is incredible I won't deny that. I enjoyed 2-3 more then I did 3-3.

grim-tales

Godot may help you out rather a lot as he's a good prosecutor really (not really evil), but still a fantastic character. His jazzy theme music is SO GOOD.

Shengar

The chef witness rival down Ben and Trilo? How so when he had the motive to helped with the murder? When he still had debt that made him forced to do such terrible thing? It is absurd, yes, but it is not unbelievable level by any mile. It had solid ground that isn't relied on something circumstansial like case 2-3. If anything, case 3-3 probably one of the most entertaining filler case in the series.
Ron is an idiot at first, sure who wouldn't thought that. But how could you still thought that he is an idiot after he could get charged for more serious crime like murder? If anything, Ron is probably the best client/defendant so far since he is more actively move in that case, unlike many defedant that seemed more passive and only willing to gives some information. He had motive behind his action, not just plain retardness like many people (still) thought.
You liked the circus case more than Furio Tigre?

We're just gonna have to chalk all this up to a difference of tastes, then.

Even from many angle, 3-2 and 3-3 would win by many miles especially by term of tightness of the writing. But yeah, I think we could only agree to disagree with him.

GSR

VqBFRdK.png

rxzeRaa.gif

Slowly doing a PLvsAA replay now that I've got a capture card.

GSR

That sprite is actually a special case - when Phoenix introduces Maya it fades to a black background with no text for a moment, and from a screen of that it's trivial to get the actual sprite.

My guess is that in Pokemon's case, they're able to use the Pokemon's 'idle' pose from the Pokemon status screen or Pokedex and easily mask out the background because it's static. With the AA games, not only are there many more backgrounds that you can't always get a clear view of, they can be dynamic, and most importantly you've got the text box covering up the lower half of the characters.

Shengar

I have to say false, sadly. AA5 feels like have the weakest ost in the series. Before anyone jumped the shark on me, let me articulate my thought and posted it later in the OT.

DaBoss

That sprite is actually a special case - when Phoenix introduces Maya it fades to a black background with no text for a moment, and from a screen of that it's trivial to get the actual sprite.

My guess is that in Pokemon's case, they're able to use the Pokemon's 'idle' pose from the Pokemon status screen or Pokedex and easily mask out the background because it's static. With the AA games, not only are there many more backgrounds that you can't always get a clear view of, they can be dynamic, and most importantly you've got the text box covering up the lower half of the characters.
Ignore me, it outright says on the page that they captured it from the screen. :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Godot and Klavier get so much flak for not being overtly antagonistic. AA1 Edgeworth, Manfred, and Franziska are very in your face and very blunt about the fact that they want to you to lose and the client to be declared guilty. Godot, post-AA1 Edgeworth, and Klavier shine because they seem to be more interested in doing their job as a prosecutor than on shooting you down. Godot may claim otherwise, but outside of a few instances, he doesn't show it very well. Simon kind of falls under this category, too, because he seems more intent on being scary and intimidating than being an outright antagonist.

I honestly don't think the series has seen a bad prosecutor outside of the intentionally bad Payne brothers. They each have their own sets of beliefs and way of doing things, which brings a sense of variety to the series.

Top Bottom