• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Shengar

Damnit, my RTTP thread turned to be longer than expected. I don't think one post is enough to contain all of my impression for four games.

Young Magus

Beaten all the Mainline Games. Over the past month this has became one of my favorite series. Just a few questions I have:

- What is you favorite break down in the series?
- What is you favorite Cross-Examine theme? For some reason, I have a soft spot for JFA's version.
- Which is the lesser of two evils: Moe or the Chef in 3-3?
- What was/is the common reaction to (not sure this qualifies as spoilers)
Bum-Phoenix and College-Phoenix
?
- What are the chances of the
MASON system
used in AJ to appear in later games or be acknowledged?
-Why did Godot had to be so cool?

dumbyugi

Beaten all the Mainline Games. Over the past month this has became one of my favorite series. Just a few questions I have:

- What is you favorite Cross-Examine theme? For some reason, I have a soft spot for JFA's version.
?
MASON system

- AA3 Spoilers:
Dahlia
or AA2 Spoilers:
Matt Engarde
- If AAI counts then I like the Presto version from that, if not then AA1 Allegro version.
- Chef, though Moe is my favourite witness from that case.
- I liked both, though not as much as normal Nick. (I don't think either are spoilers btw)
- Low, though not impossible.
- Because coffee and jazz are a cool combo.

Shengar

?
MASON system
-Either 1-5 or 4-4. To see such cool headed culprit to break down is really satisfying.
-Cross Examination ~ 2004 Allegro no question asked. Apollo Justice Cross Examination Allegro come close.
-Moe, I know Jean is threatened but this is life of a innocent people we talking about. Moe doesn't know what actually going on while Jean involved as far as hiding a body and giving false testimony. Moe is annoying with his "jokes" but really, from the wight of deed, he is the lesser evil.
-I'm not sure about this but Hobo Phoenix makes many people salty over Apollo because he is so cool after eat that many bitter part of his life. I feel sorry for College Phoenix for that particular experience since its so sudden.
-What's to not like about a wearing visor prosecutor who drink 17 cups of coffee with jazzy theme playing in the background while doing so?

?
MASON system

-3-5,
Dahlia
-The first AA theme is my favorite.
-Moe, no question. Jean was just annoying in how he went about everything.
-I love
college-Phoenix
more; he's just so adorable ;_;
-I'd say there's a chance, considering how it might be used to help end the dark age of the law
-Because coffee is cool, man.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

?
MASON system
-
Kristoph Gavin, hands down.
-AA1, again, hands down.
-Moe. I actually thought his character had some value. Jean is just... ugh.
-
College Phoenix
was a huge doofus. I thought that worked so well with
Wright's
kind-of doofus character that we see most of the time. Then seeing
Hobo Phoenix
as a mature man... he was still goofy, and still
Phoenix
, but definitely wiser, more self conscious, and composed. Watching him grow up was pretty cool.
-The
MASON system
not showing up in AA5 is probably because of how little time has passed since the end of AA4. New court procedures don't get implemented that fast. Who knows if it will show up in later games, though?
-Because of his theme.

FluxWaveZ

I believe I'm in the middle of case 1 in AAI2. For a moment, I thought they would pull off a twist rivaling AA5's final boss with who the killer would turn out to be, but I'm now at the third location of investigation and it's pretty obvious who the actual killer is.

Knightley will be the one who killed Rooke. Though I guess there had to be a second shooter which I would think could only be de Killer and then there's whatever reason Nicole won't show off her reverse parka...

I believe I'm in the middle of case 1 in AAI2. For a moment, I thought they would pull off a twist rivaling AA5's final boss with who the killer would turn out to be, but I'm now at the third location of investigation and it's pretty obvious who the actual killer is.

Knightley will be the one who killed Rooke. Though I guess there had to be a second shooter which I would think could only be de Killer and then there's whatever reason Nicole won't show off her reverse parka...

Your mind will be blown away when the final boss is revealed.

Young Magus

So I found a copy of AAI2 and I wonder is getting the first one actually worth it to play the second. Heard a lot of meh things about it

Tizoc

AAI1 is one of my fav. games in the series =/
NDS games are region free correct? So AAI2 should work on my UK NDS.

DLC is up for this game in NA! I just started and was caught unawares by the
Sharknado
reference. Glad to see the localization team was having some fun.

So I found a copy of AAI2 and I wonder is getting the first one actually worth it to play the second. Heard a lot of meh things about it
It's one of the weaker games in the series, (though not the weakest IMO) but it's still really fun. All AA games are worth playing.

But AAI2 is freaking incredible, and playing AAI beforehand will make you appreciate it's awesomeness even more.

Downloading the DLC case. I thought this DLC was going to come bundled with some extra costumes like Hobo Phoenix. Is this the last DLC for the game?

Chrom

fRPZDgS.jpg

Worst boxart in the series?

You unlock College Phoenix costume after finishing the DLC case. This is probably the last DLC for the game.
I know Japan had those quizzes too, but it still seems a bit light to make a whole in-game DLC menu.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I keep hoping they'll blow everyone's mind and have at least one more DLC case. (And maybe one more costume for Apollo & Athena.)

I know Japan had those quizzes too, but it still seems a bit light to make a whole in-game DLC menu.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I keep hoping they'll blow everyone's mind and have at least one more DLC case. (And maybe one more costume for Apollo & Athena.)

Imagine... Dahlia's outfit for Athena, or Maya's outfit.

Finished 2-3 yesterday... Not really sure where all the hate comes from. I found it to be enjoyable, if only just a tad too long. Plus the humor was pretty good. Trilo and Moe were fantastic!

Maybe it was because I returned to the series after a couple months of break?

I'm going to jump into 2-4 in a little while. I guess it'll fill in the blanks regarding
Edgeworth
at the end of 2-3. I felt like I was supposed to know what's going on, but I couldn't figure it out. >_>

FluxWaveZ

A mary sue character introduced in the final case of one game and never mentioned again is the logical love interest?

Yes, because she's the only one Phoenix has ever conveyed any actual romantic interest towards other than April May and that weird circus chick, the former of which was lecherous in nature and the latter of which was stupid.

I won't entertain the idea of Maya.

Does anyone happen to have the info about the first Ace Attorney Investigations sales handy? I remember that Capcom said something like Okami beat the lifetime sales of AAI in a few weeks, but someone on NeoGAF refuted those claims, but I can't find the post.

I beat AA5 last night and really enjoyed it, despite the last two cases being relatively weaker than the ones that came before them. I'd say my final ranking of the series is as follows:

AA3 > AA1 = AA5 > AAI2 > AAI > AA4 > AA2

I beat AA5 last night and really enjoyed it, despite the last two cases being relatively weaker than the ones that came before them. I'd say my final ranking of the series is as follows:

AA3 > AA1 = AA5 > AAI2 > AAI > AA4 > AA2

I have to agree with this. Although I think I would actually put AA2 ahead of AA4. ;_;

So Miiverse is out on 3DS and there is an AA5 community.

I've already made my first image contribution:

zlCfzROU4fkD4gJMLs

But what's really cool about Miiverse is that it allows for direct screenshots to be taken from the game! Observe this one I spotted that someone had uploaded:

zlCfzROUwJ4WzQam7j

It's not as good as a sprite rip, but at least people can make decent avatars now. :)

Top Bottom