• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

BlackJace

I actually know Neni - she's very into character analysis and she's very enthused about AA (and other series). I should dig up some other write-ups of hers - I know she really hated AAI2, thought I don't recall the exact reasons why.

She must be destroyed! If you can find her write up about it, that'd be cool.

Young Magus

So I started AAI recently...
Just when I start to think I was taking a break I got pulled back in.

#thanksAAgaf

Side Note: The Jazz Album is sooooooooooo good o-0

FluxWaveZ

Just finished case 2 of AAI2. Can't say it seems all that awesome as I had been lead to believe and it's currently on par with the first AAI for me, but I liked that game so it's fine. That logic chess mechanic is kinda weird and really easy in the first two cases.

After playing AA5, there are many times where I thought "now this would have been a good place for a Thought Route." That really was a fantastic, yet relatively simple addition to the series.

Both antagonists introduced in case 2 are very unlikable, which I suppose is the point. I like the introduction to a new judge character since that's lacking with all of the defense attorneys and prosecutors running around; perhaps case 3 in AA5 was a way to indicate that they're a big deal too.

Now I either have to wait for an upcoming patch, if that ever happens, or watch the rest on Youtube. It's a fantastic translation job; it could totally pass as an official localization.

Just finished case 2 of AAI2. Can't say it seems all that awesome as I had been lead to believe and it's currently on par with the first AAI for me, but I liked that game so it's fine. That logic chess mechanic is kinda weird and really easy in the first two cases.

After playing AA5, there are many times where I thought "now this would have been a good place for a Thought Route." That really was a fantastic, yet relatively simple addition to the series.

Both antagonists introduced in case 2 are very unlikable, which I suppose is the point. I like the introduction to a new judge character since that's lacking with all of the defense attorneys and prosecutors running around; perhaps case 3 in AA5 was a way to indicate that they're a big deal too.

Now I either have to wait for an upcoming patch, if that ever happens, or watch the rest on Youtube. It's a fantastic translation job; it could totally pass as an official localization.

Case 4-5 of AAI2 are soooo fucking good(this comes from someone that didn't like AAI at all), I recommend you to watch it on youtube like I did, the translation is fantastic.

I'd easily rank AAI2 as one of the best games of the series.

Young Magus

Case 4-5 of AAI2 are soooo fucking good(this comes from someone that didn't like AAI at all), I recommend you to watch it on youtube like I did, the translation is fantastic.

I'd easily rank AAI2 as one of the best games of the series.
This is making the wait soooooo harder, also what dont floks like about AAI?

Hey guys, I need a recommendation. I finally finished playing the awful Ace Attorney HD Trilogy the other day, and I wanted to write a full review of it. I'm going to attempt to dissect every single thing that is wrong about this port (while also giving credit where it's due, although that'll virtually be a footnote compared to what's wrong).

What I want to know is, should I post it here in the community thread or create an RTTP thread in the gaming side? What do you guys think? Either way, I expect to finish writing up this review over the next couple of days.

Hey guys, I need a recommendation. I finally finished playing the awful Ace Attorney HD Trilogy the other day, and I wanted to write a full review of it. I'm going to attempt to dissect every single thing that is wrong about this port (while also giving credit where it's due, although that'll virtually be a footnote compared to what's wrong).

What I want to know is, should I post it here in the community thread or create an RTTP thread in the gaming side? What do you guys think? Either way, I expect to finish writing up this review over the next couple of days.

You could probably get away with a RTTP thread about it. More people deserve to know how godawful the ports are.

Omikaru

I'd second a RTTP post. You're just preaching to the converted in here, and exposing the shoddy iOS HD versions for the shitshow they are is definitely thread worthy in my view.

Well, the review is going along smoothly. I also just learned of a way to easily take screenshots of the game, so I can showcase certain points.

I'll get back to the review tomorrow, after I'm done taking the GRE.

Having just started AAI...

I have to say I'm really digging it so far. The music is awesome, the cases are fun to solve, Edgeworth as a playable character is handled really well, the changes to the formula from typical Ace Attorney are welcome, and, in my opinion, in some ways improve on your ability to reason out conclusions on your own over the main series...

But then again, I've only just finished the second case. Apparently things sorta go to hell in the last case if my understanding is correct. Still, I'm having a great time with it thus far. I'm already enjoying it a lot more than AA2 and 4, which are the games it normally seems to be ranked with.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mnqqjjjubN1st7tlmo1_500.jpg

The mug is filled with chocolate milk.

Frolow

Banned
Having just started AAI...

I have to say I'm really digging it so far. The music is awesome, the cases are fun to solve, Edgeworth as a playable character is handled really well, the changes to the formula from typical Ace Attorney are welcome, and, in my opinion, in some ways improve on your ability to reason out conclusions on your own over the main series...

But then again, I've only just finished the second case. Apparently things sorta go to hell in the last case if my understanding is correct. Still, I'm having a great time with it thus far. I'm already enjoying it a lot more than AA2 and 4, which are the games it normally seems to be ranked with.
The last case is far from bad, it just has a few problems. The main one being is that it's extremely convoluted, more so than most other cases. And the second gripe most people have is that the big baddie takes forever to bring down.

It didn't really mind the latter of those, since taking down the main villain felt like an actual final boss, but I can see why people disliked it.

Burnburn

Well, they wouldn't make a page like that for nothing. I agree that they probably will announce AA6 news in Japan first, but the news can end up on the english miiverse directly afterwards.

well that's AAI case 3 down (i'll just mark the rest as spoilers to be safe)
i can say i've lived happily if i never see the proto badger again

also little thief is a bit too silly for my tastes but i'd like to imagine edgeworth constantly bumping into people and objects while exploring the projection and it makes me feel better
Still, as a mechanic it's pretty neat, even if I feel like its hasn't been used anywhere near its full potential yet. Ah well, in time perhaps.

Still, this case is probably my least favorite yet just 'cause solving the case felt so roundabout and all over the place, plus there were so few new characters, none of which I really liked all that much. Still, cool to see Ema and Meekins I guess, even if they were sorta shoved away once their role was done. Can't quite say the same about Oldbag!
I... don't really feel strongly one way or another about Kay, Lang, or Shih-na. I mean, I don't dislike them by any means, but nothing about them really stands out to me. Except how fucking dumb Lang's shades are jesus christ i mean what the fuck

Looking forward to the next case. It sounds cool and I hear it's good. Still digging the game so far!

qq more

It's as lengthy as your typical case and it's pretty great!

I came here just to say I finally beat every case in AA5 including the DLC case I've just beaten now.

I'm sad

I want more lol

grim-tales

I thought PL v PW looks really good :s I'm very excited about it.
With regards to AA5, do you need to play them in a certain order (ie the DL case 'first' or last?

Whats wrong with it?

Import impressions weren't nearly as positive as AA5's as I recall it. But, in my opinion, Ace Attorney 5 is a pretty high bar to reach, so there's still plenty of room for it to be a good game.

Just between the impressions and that it even visually looks like a massive step back from AA5, I can understand that it's not quite as easy to get excited for. I'm hoping that I'll get excited for it once US gets a release date. I'm running awfully low on Ace Attorney content left unplayed, after all.

Zalman

I'm kind of excited for Layton vs. Wright, but skeptical at the same time. I have never played a Layton game either, but maybe this game will make me get into the series.

GSR

Whats wrong with it?

Import impressions weren't nearly as positive as AA5's as I recall it. But, in my opinion, Ace Attorney 5 is a pretty high bar to reach, so there's still plenty of room for it to be a good game.

I think people are downplaying PLvsPW's quality because it's fun to hate on things. It's got its issues (the pacing in the latter half of the game, for example, is just horrid), but it's still a lot of fun seeing Layton and Phoenix interact, and the magical setting actually does a lot to breathe life into the trials.

Also, though DD might have much better characters/animation, I'd say PLvsPW has much better backgrounds/areas.

DaBoss

I was talking about in comparison to AA5, sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm excited to get the game, but I'm just overall pessimistic towards most crossover games (that are not fighting games). They usually try to accommodate things from different series that don't blend well together. I also got burnt out on PL games' puzzles and only wanted to read/watch the story which were quite good/interesting, so I am really looking forward to the story in PLvsPW.

There are the impressions which were mostly positive, but not exactly glowing.

Again, sorry I wasn't clear, and don't let my pessimism bog anyone else's hype down.

Hi Attorney-Gaf!

I Just finished Dual Destinies last night. It's the first Ace Attorney game I ever played and I enjoyed it a lot; the last episode was absolutely fantastic.

I'm considering trying one of the older DS games. I have no intention of playing through the entire series, so which one should I pick up?

GSR

I was talking about in comparison to AA5, sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm excited to get the game, but I'm just overall pessimistic towards most crossover games (that are not fighting games). They usually try to accommodate things from different series that don't blend well together. I also got burnt out on PL games' puzzles and only wanted to read/watch the story which were quite good/interesting, so I am really looking forward to the story in PLvsPW.

There are the impressions which were mostly positive, but not exactly glowing.

Again, sorry I wasn't clear, and don't let my pessimism bog anyone else's hype down.

Ah, just for the record, I wasn't referring to you when I said "people are downplaying PLvsPW's quality because it's fun to hate on things"; I've seen people posting "PLvsPW is shit, everyone knows that" and things like that.

Hi Attorney-Gaf!

I Just finished Dual Destinies last night. I's the first Ace Attorney game I ever played and I enjoyed it a lot; the last episode was absolutely fantastic.

I'm considering trying one of the older DS games. I have no intention of playing through the entire series, so which one should I pick up?

The first three really work best as a trilogy, but if you're going to play just one, give the original (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) a try. You'll get to see Phoenix at the start of his career, which is an interesting contrast from AA5.

The first three really work best as a trilogy, but if you're going to play just one, give the original (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) a try. You'll get to see Phoenix at the start of his career, which is an interesting contrast from AA5.

Went ahead and ordered this from Amazon just now, thanks!

qq more

Hmm, hard to find a better quality version of this pic I'm using as an avatar, but this will do.

Oh and looks like I'll be hanging out here AAGAF. Been meaning to for a while but I always go on media blackout whenever there's an upcoming AA game! I've also noticed a bit of an overlap with SonicGAF... Hi Beef and BlackJace!

BlackJace

Hmm, hard to find a better quality version of this pic I'm using as an avatar, but this will do.

Oh and looks like I'll be hanging out here AAGAF. Been meaning to for a while but I always go on media blackout whenever there's an upcoming AA game! I've also noticed a bit of an overlap with SonicGAF... Hi Beef and BlackJace!

qq, my good man. Good to see you.

Top Bottom