• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Frolow

Banned
Currently playing through the series. I beat 1 & 2 before, but never got to 3 for some reason. Now I'm at the 4th case of T&T. I'm trying to play as much of the series before DkS II comes out, and I'm hoping I can squeeze in AJ as well.
Favorite cases so far: Steel Samurai, Turnabout goodbyes, Matt Engarde case (maybe best overall) and the Trés bien case in T&T.

n2DtVTG.gif

There was some pretty good comedy in this one, overall a very fun case to play.

Currently don't have the Miles Edgeworth game, but I'm considering getting that as well after I finish the main series. AA5 being at a discount now was excellent timing, downloaded without hesitation.

It's unfortunate though that just by reading the premise for AJ, I know that
Wright loses his badge, so some serious shit is going down in the final case of T&T
So at least that is spoiled for me :/

Now playing the second flashback in T&T. Can't wait to begin that final case.

That's not a spoiler, don't worry.

I didn't wanna make a topic about it but I'll just ask it here. Is Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney getting released in the U.S. I know it's getting released in Europe on March 28 but I've heard nothing about it coming to America and a google search has failed me on confirmation. March 28 is only like a month away.

GSR

It's coming to the US as well later this year. It was likely pushed back as a result of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies releasing a few months later in the US compared to Europe.

Rnr1224

been wanting to play this series for a long time and ive finally started the first game. just completed the 2nd case and im loving it so far!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
wow wow (3-5 spoilers, last bit I've played)

Iris isn't Dahlia...

and Iris & Dahlia are FEYS

Yesterday I got really hooked on this case. Suddenly it was 1 AM and I had no idea where the time went. The investigation here is even better than the trial. Excited to see how this unfolds. As a whole T&T is my favorite game of the 3 so far.

Impressive how you completely get sucked into this world, when the game is basically a collection of static backdrops and talking heads.

Most likely moving right on to Apollo Justice after this.

I also liked the reuse of this theme, it's stuck in my head.

Iris isn't Dahlia...

Yesterday I got really hooked on this case. Suddenly it was 1 AM and I had no idea where the time went. The investigation here is even better than the trial. Excited to see how this unfolds. As a whole T&T is my favorite game of the 3 so far.

Impressive how you completely get sucked into this world, when the game is basically a collection of static backdrops and talking heads.

The ride that is 3-5 only gets better from here. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

rekameohs

Banned

Iris isn't Dahlia...

Aww, seeing reactions like this brings a little joy to my heart. Enjoy the finale; it's a great wrap-up to the original trilogy!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Neat, the first Ace game for DS arrived today. I'm ready to finally embarge on the series!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The ride that is 3-5 only gets better from here. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

yeah uh... about that

V5eyawl.gif

not done yet, but crazy stuff happened. Somehow I think the killer is
Godot, since he showed up out of nowhere on the secluded Inner Temple during investigation and has the motive. This was also hinted at by Mia just now.

There is also one thing not explained or intentionally left vague so far:
Dahlia's first channeling. Pearl was supposed to do this, didn't work since someone was already channeling her... Which turned out be Misty of all people. I don't understand why she would do this, doesn't make sense. Everything pre Maya taking over after the fight is unclear.

This case is INSANE

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I beat T&T. The finale... my god. This, this and the return of this, were all glorious. What a way to wrap up this trilogy. It's rare to play a game with a satisfying ending such as this. Have to admit I got goosebumps at every link I posted.

I love how this was set up all the way from the second game (still remember that Morgan epilogue). At first I thought the flashbacks were going to be mere fan service, but they delivered on that too.

I'm a fanboy of this series now. I can't believe what a great conclusion these games got.

spiritfox

I beat T&T. The finale... my god. This, this and the return of this, were all glorious. What a way to wrap up this trilogy. It's rare to play a game with a satisfying ending such as this. Have to admit I got goosebumps at every link I posted.

I love how this was set up all the way from the second game (still remember that Morgan epilogue). At first I thought the flashbacks were going to be mere fan service, but they delivered on that too.

I'm a fanboy of this series now. I can't believe what a great conclusion these games got.

One of us, one of us, one of us...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the first 2 cases of AJ. It feels completely different, but not necessarily better. Not a fan of the
big twist in the first case. Kristoph being the killer came out of nowhere and felt forced. It had little to no impact as well, since you were just introduced to him. This is one of my least favorite cases in the series.
Only thing I liked was the new Winston Payne haircut.

Second case was decent, but the 'magic panties' bit got old fast. It's like they're suddenly aiming for a different audience as well.

The game looks amazing though, loving the updates on old backgrounds and the new sprites. I also like how (at least so far) they're not going overboard with callbacks to the trilogy. There are some nods, but I appreciate they went for a new main cast here.

rDuPVBL.gif

Finished the first 2 cases of AJ. It feels completely different, but not necessarily better. Not a fan of the
big twist in the first case. Kristoph being the killer came out of nowhere and felt forced. It had little to no impact as well, since you were just introduced to him. This is one of my least favorite cases in the series.
Only thing I liked was the new Winston Payne haircut.

Second case was decent, but the 'magic panties' bit got old fast. It's like they're suddenly aiming for a different audience as well.

The game looks amazing though, loving the updates on old backgrounds and the new sprites. I also like how (at least so far) they're not going overboard with callbacks to the trilogy. There are some nods, but I appreciate they went for a new main cast here.

rDuPVBL.gif

Oh god if you didn't like case 4-1

It's all downhill from there, can't wait to see your thoughts on 4-3

dumbyugi

The first case is the best case in Apollo Justice. Case 4 is pretty good as well but cases 2 & 3 are some of the worst in the entire series.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ugh, I need a hint for Lamiroir's testimony in case 3. I pressed her a bit and she added stuff to her testimony. Now I can activate the bracelet, but I can't figure out what her tell is supposed to be. I've focused on her mouth and noticed it moving faster on certain parts, but that's not it. Can't see anything else that's supposed to be a tic, in any of the segments. In the other cases you could see a difference even in the normal sprites, but there's nothing here.
Gave it rest for the night because the constant zooming was driving me crazy.

789shadow

Banned
Ugh, I need a hint for Lamiroir's testimony in case 3. I pressed her a bit and she added stuff to her testimony. Now I can activate the bracelet, but I can't figure out what her tell is supposed to be. I've focused on her mouth and noticed it moving faster on certain parts, but that's not it. Can't see anything else that's supposed to be a tic. In the other cases you could see a difference even in the normal sprites, but there's nothing here.
Gave it rest for the night because the constant zooming is driving me crazy.
Try
the eyes

I really didn't like AJ overall. I liked the first case but it didn't have the same magic as the original trilogy.

I liked that they brought Ema back though.

Now, 5-5, on the other hand...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
All right! First game arrived, played the first episode and a bit of episode 2. I want to play all the five main games in succession, so this should be fun! :)

All right! First game arrived, played the first episode and a bit of episode 2. I want to play all the five main games in succession, so this should be fun! :)

Enjoy! It's an amazing series and I'm sure you'll love it. :)

I remember the first time I played 1-2, I was absolutely mind blown at
Mia's death
and also incredibly sad.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy! It's an amazing series and I'm sure you'll love it. :)

I remember the first time I played 1-2, I was absolutely mind blown at
Mia's death
and also incredibly sad.

Really loving it so far! "I'll get to this woman's bottom! Wait... I mean.. you know what I mean." :p

FluxWaveZ

Awesome to see it's still happening. Guess it might get finished after all.

I've played cases 1-2, but I don't know if I'm going to try 3 out. I'd prefer to wait until the whole thing's out.

Drago

Waiting until the entire translation is all finished before I play it (and AAI1 for that matter).

They're doing incredible work and I can't thank them enough. :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Wow! Steep learning cuve from 1-1 to 1-2! Finished 1-2, feeling really sucked into it! Now I know the importance of the Press mechanic :)
failed the case the first time because I was only aware of the Present/Objection mechanic, lol

The characters are really far out and wacky, I like it, and the "puzzles" are getting really complex and interesting fast

Great stuff!

Actually, even when not needed I would always press all statements, just for the extra dialogue. Sometimes it's hilarious. :)

Is there ever really a penalty for pressing statements? I think I remember
one of the 2-x cases having one, but that was explicitly stated to not press statements.

PKrockin

one of the 2-x cases having one, but that was explicitly stated to not press statements.
IIRC there's another time where the judge gets fed up with you and warns that you only get one chance to press for more info. I think that's it.

IIRC that only happens in two cases and both times the game warns you after your initial press "are you sure you want to continue this press" where the game hints if it's the right statement or not

Young Magus

IIRC there's another time where the judge gets fed up with you and warns that you only get one chance to press for more info. I think that's it.

IIRC that only happens in two cases and both times the game warns you after your initial press "are you sure you want to continue this press" where the game hints if it's the right statement or not

The cases were
2-3 and 3-2

The first one was a pain because it was in the middle portion of a case where as the second one the correct press was extremely clear as day (the testimony was also the last of the case as well....maybe the longest also, with 11 text boxes).

Top Bottom