• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Lusankya

Yeah, I also like it, but not enough to defend it when everybody comes with their "It's the worst case ever, I hate it and want to rather die than playing it again" attitude. :p

I've always secretly liked the circus case as well, guess I can come out of the closet now.

Yeah, I also like it, but not enough to defend it when everybody comes with their "It's the worst case ever, I hate it and want to rather die than playing it again" attitude. :p

Same here. I guess I'm in the position where I can understand why people don't enjoy it. However, I enjoy it quite a bit myself.

You're not alone ;P!

Vylash

Turnabout Big Top defenders?

trucy-sad(a).gif

The ending/basis of 2-3 is one of the most darkly tragic in the series. Some of the supplementary characters in it are not my fav, but the core players and their stories are very interesting. I think it's a worthwhile case and something that's very unique IMO. I don't think there's a single case in the entire series that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

*Vague Series Spoilers*
2-3 also makes a few things in AAI2 even more meaningful.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I finished the first case of Dual Destinies and completed investigation for the second. It felt like some threads were left dangling at the end of the that first case, like
how/why did the bomb get there in the first place. Ted had a motive for killing the inspector, because she was on to his scam, but he just steals and sells the bombs on the black market. Feels like he was just a pawn in something bigger. The ending text stated that he will be tried at a later date, so I'm guessing the courtroom bombing will come back later.

Second case reminds me of the Steel Samurai.

i was almost pleasantly surprised by 4-3 because
people kept hyping up *the video!!!* to be some horrible awful thing you have to watch a million times but it really wasn't so bad at all imo. Honestly, I have less fond memories of 1-5's video.

but i mean that's not to say i like it because the whole premise was stupid. even if this kid had fucking echolocation his arm should probably be out of its socket

Sölf

I swear this is one of the most stealthy ear worms of the series.

Oh and 2-3 ain't bad, hate should be redirected to 4-3 at least.

God, 4-3. This damn thing. It didn't stop! D:

Also, the case didn't have enough interesting characters which could have been suspicious, imo. So it was pretty clear after some time who the real killer was.

Vylash

only bad thing about Turnabout Serenade is having to watch the damn video so many times, the only bad thing about Turnabout Big Top was everything
except Regina, Regina is adorable

Guess these just came out since I can't find videos, but some Ace Attorney 3DS themes just showed up on the JP Theme Shop.

There's an Ace Attorney 5 one that uses Objection 2013, a Mood Matrix one with the Mood Matrix music, and Ace Attorney 1-3 Main Characters theme that uses Objection 2001, and an Ace Attorney 1-3 Pixel Art theme that uses Turnabout Sisters 2001.

I'll post links once they come up. But they're pretty neat. Capcom's been bringing the Monster Hunter themes over so I'm sure these will come too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Turnabout Serenade is also one of the least logical cases in the entire series, and that's saying something especially considering the tutorial cases in most of the games are really shifty guy blaming someone who is clearly 100% innocent.

In Serenade they peg someone for the crime who literally cannot do it who also has no motive.

I actually think the Mood Matrix one is the one I'm most likely to buy, lol. Themes that integrate menus from in-universe devices are really neat. Plus it's cozy.

Lusankya

I like all of those, though the Mood Matrix one isn't the best. It has that cool music, though.

I actually think the Mood Matrix one is the one I'm most likely to buy, lol. Themes that integrate menus from in-universe devices are really neat. Plus it's cozy.

I like the music of the Mood Matrix theme the most (for browsing the 3DS menus), but I wish I could combine it with the artwork of the AA5 or AA Trilogy themes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Gotta say I'm enjoying Dual Destinies a lot. Was going to take a break from the series a bit, but I've been sick the last few days and these games are perfect if you're bedridden. Investigations hasn't arrived yet, so I'm just diving into DD. I'm at the mock trial case now, it has potential. I really like Blackquill as a character. I like my prosecutors brooding, glad Gavin's (mostly) gone.

Only disappointment so far is the soundtrack. There are only a few standout tracks so far, like Blackquill's theme and the testimony/tell the truth ones. Then again, tell the truth in this is reeaally good.

Conezays

So I own Ace Attorney trilogy. Should I be buying Apollo Justice, Investigations, and then Dual Destinies next? Found good prices on all (and eshop sale on Dual Destinies). Wondering if I should just grab them all now, Lol.

daydream

Banned
So I own Ace Attorney trilogy. Should I be buying Apollo Justice, Investigations, and then Dual Destinies next? Found good prices on all (and eshop sale on Dual Destinies). Wondering if I should just grab them all now, Lol.

Do it!

Don't forget to import the excellent AAI2!

D-Man

Do you enjoy the games and want more? Then sure, I say go for it. But try not to burn yourself on the series too quickly. Ace Attorney is a series that you should take your time to enjoy.

Conezays

Importing AAI2 seems a bit unnecessary given I don't read Japanese, unless there is way to read it in English?

And yeah, my only concern was burning out too fast. I don't think I'd get to playing them all immediately, but grabbing each at around $15 seemed like a good deal.

daydream

Banned
Importing AAI2 seems a bit unnecessary given I don't read Japanese, unless there is way to read it in English?

And yeah, my only concern was burning out too fast. I don't think I'd get to playing them all immediately, but grabbing each at around $15 seemed like a good deal.

There's a fan translation. Although if you don't have a flash cart or whatever, you wouldn't be able to patch it, anyway. It's a shame so many people had to miss out on it because of that.

Conezays

There's a fan translation. Although if you don't have a flash cart or whatever, you wouldn't be able to patch it, anyway. It's a shame so many people had to miss out on it because of that.

Thanks. Damn, I guess I could always buy a copy and emulate it, but yeah, I'll be playing on my N3DSXL.

Conezays

And bought. Now I own the whole series, minus AAI2 :p

Are they all as long as Ace Attorney 1? I took 27 hours to finish all the chapters, which seems quite a bit higher than times on HLTB.

DaBoss

I'm pretty sure AA1 is the longest. It does have 3 days of investigations and trials and has the longest case in the series (1-5).
I guess AA1>2>3>Apollo Justice>Miles Edgeworth>Dual Destinies is the order I should play them in?
Yea.

If you can play AAI2 as well, then play it in between AA5 and AAI.

I wish the series paced some of its cases with the three day structure a bit more often, 1-4 hits a nice sweet spot jumping between investigating and court segments without either getting too tiring.

Now then, lets get those 3DS themes overseas, I'll finally succumb to buying one.

Top Bottom