• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

FluxWaveZ

Do you mean this track? Certainly sounds like a different Cross-Examination theme (although it could be Moderato instead of Allegro).

If that's what he's talking about, wouldn't that just be the 'juror conviction' segment music? That's how it sounds like to me, with the following track being an 'Objection' theme.

But doesn't the "juror conviction" segment play kinda like a cross-examination?
Also I still doubt the following track (also the track from the web site) is an Objection theme, the beginning just doesn't fit an "Objection!" moment.

I assumed that those segments of the game would indeed play similarly to a cross-examination, at least conceptually. An analytically slow paced, but somewhat confrontational tune. It really seems like it would fit, to me.

And I dunno, the moment in that trailer that plays the song is exactly a "turnabout" situation where Ryunosuke regains his composure, and the song sounds like the most triumphant one I've heard from the game yet.

Lusankya

If that's what he's talking about, wouldn't that just be the 'juror conviction' segment music? That's how it sounds like to me, with the following track being an 'Objection' theme.

But doesn't the "juror conviction" segment play kinda like a cross-examination?
Also I still doubt the following track (also the track from the web site) is an Objection theme, the beginning just doesn't fit an "Objection!" moment.

GSR

So the stream had an audio bug at the worst possible time and completely missed the sound for the "cross-examination" portion of the Closing Argument, so we don't know what plays then. But the track on the main site played after Ryuunosuke pointed out a contradiction.

Also, the normal cross-examination section used the same track as case 1, so looks like my theory about two sets of court music is a bust. Oh well!

So the stream had an audio bug at the worst possible time and completely missed the sound for the "cross-examination" portion of the Closing Argument, so we don't know what plays then. But the track on the main site played after Ryuunosuke pointed out a contradiction.

Also, the normal cross-examination section used the same track as case 1, so looks like my theory about two sets of court music is a bust. Oh well!
That's too bad. That would of been a neat touch for sure.

Lusankya

And I dunno, the moment in that trailer that plays the song is exactly a "turnabout" situation where Ryunosuke regains his composure, and the song sounds like the most triumphant one I've heard from the game yet.

Yes, the situation totally fits and it is the main track of the official web site after all. But the very beginning is so strange for an Objection theme. Am I the only one who thinks the beginning (3:10 - 3:18 in the spring trailer) sounds too dramatic and negative? In my ears it fits a bad surprise not a positive turnaround.

But I guess I have too accept that this is the objection theme and probably ingame in the right situations it will be just awesome.

Giever

So can anyone here tell me how the 3DS trilogy turned out? I've played all of the games already (multiple times) but am easily willing to have a new reason to play through them again.

I know that the mobile versions they're based off of had issues with animations and other things, but at least some of that got fixed? Are there any off-putting issues or is it worth the dive to re-experience the trilogy in a slightly different way just for a novelty fix?

GSR

The more we hear about this game the more I get the feeling Takumi basically told the Capcom suits "fine, I'll make another Ace Attorney, but we're doing it on my terms."

So can anyone here tell me how the 3DS trilogy turned out? I've played all of the games already (multiple times) but am easily willing to have a new reason to play through them again.

I know that the mobile versions they're based off of had issues with animations and other things, but at least some of that got fixed? Are there any off-putting issues or is it worth the dive to re-experience the trilogy in a slightly different way just for a novelty fix?

There's quite a few missing frames from just about every character. Super super super noticeable if you're used to the original versions. That being said, it's not so bad that it's a dealbreaker.

Jintor

Have you guys seen these fake anime screenshots peeps on tumblr be making?

tumblr_nmpl99TOeV1tezo7ao1_1280.png

tumblr_nmpl99TOeV1tezo7ao2_1280.png

I laugh errytime

FluxWaveZ

That imagining of AA5 era Maya is actually pretty good.

All of those concept edits are fantastic. An Ace Attorney anime could be pretty cool.

Quote from a Capcom USA rep on the status of Ace Attorney in the west...

Sorry, we can’t share specific sales data, BUT we are very aware of the series’ avid fan following here in the west and are appreciative of all the support. The feedback is valuable and is definitely kept in consideration as we plan for the brand in the west. Take heart.

Typical PR stuff, but it's the first official statement from Capcom USA in a while so I thought it was worth sharing.

Source

No idea but Google gives me:
Code:
"take heart" means:
(idiom) become confident or courageous during a difficult situation
Is this an actual idiom in the US?
Yeah, it's an old saying. It's just weird to see a company rep say it. It's an oddly hopeful way to end a statement. It makes me think the rep had something specific in mind.

Lusankya

Here's a direct feed version of the latest Dai Gyakuten Saiban trailer for anyone that hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5x875He5ns

I think I have to join the fun with my favorite non-standard (i.e. tracks without a year in their name) tracks from the series.

Ace Attorney
Justice for All
Trials & Tribulations
Apollo Justice
Ace Attorney Investigations 1
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (You already posted my favorite track, so number 2 here.)
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Dual Destinies
All great choices (Gumshoe <3), though it would be pretty hard to find an AA song I didn't like. The series has truly wonderful music.

Lusankya

Here's a direct feed version of the latest Dai Gyakuten Saiban trailer for anyone that hasn't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5x875He5ns

It looks like we'll get quite many "cross-examinations" tracks. We have the normal one, the one that plays during the reasoning sections with Sherlock and the one that plays during the Jury Examination.

Also the track from the very first teaser returns, and I am still not sure whether this or the track from the website will be the Objection theme.

All great choices (Gumshoe <3), though it would be pretty hard to find an AA song I didn't like. The series has truly wonderful music.

Yeah, most tracks are awesome. They usually become even better once you played the game and connect them to specific scenes.

GSR

DGS had a big ol' stream on NicoNico just now, with a long demo of case one. Some important points:

• Animated cutscenes are back!
  • Choosing where in an episode to start from after clearing it is back!
  • Ryuunosuke is still a dork going by his animations!
For screens and a summary, take a look here - be warned the summary has spoilers for DGS case one.

DGS had a big ol' stream on NicoNico just now, with a long demo of case one. Some important points:

For screens and a summary, take a look here - be warned the summary has spoilers for DGS case one.
That all looks amazing. The art direction is this game is gorgeous.

Capcom USA really needs to get their heads out of the sand and give us a confirmation already.

Lusankya

It's looking better and better with each new reveal. I wonder if we hear something about the localization before the game is released in Japan.

I don't mind the spoilers, when it's just stuff from the demo which I plan to play for myself anyways.

D-Man

I was actually wondering if the game was going to have animated cutscenes a few weeks ago. Really glad to see that they're back!

I need Capcom to announce a localization very soon. We can't miss this game, it looks way too good.

I was actually wondering if the game was going to have animated cutscenes a few weeks ago. Really glad to see that they're back!
The quality of the scenes, at least judging from those screenshots, looks like a big step ip from the ones in AA5. I'm very pleased with what I see.

LX_Theo

Banned
Its really hard to get excited about it when the localization question hangs over this all so strongly. Looks great, though.

Top Bottom